Gen 1 Red/Blue Stall

Exeggutor
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Psychic
Rest

My starter, Paralysis and Seed. and then Psychic. I know Leech seed is not good in this gen, but it's really annoying.

Gyarados
Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Reflect
Rest

Since Gyarados's special isn't that great, I used Hydro Pump. Blizzard is just for grass and flying. with Reflect my defense is raised to take on Rhydon/Golem and Lax

Articuno
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Reflect
Rest

One Thunderbolt is gone from most pokemon, you can pretty much stall out with this thing like crazy

Chansey
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Super annoying. with Reflect she's a giant wall, nothing stops her.

Muk
Acid Armor
Sludge
Mega Drain
Explosion

This is just fun pokemon, I guess AA is suppose to survive a Earthquake for Rhydon/Golem, and Mega Drain should do some damage, but he's just for exploding.

Slowbro
Reflect
Amnesia
Rest
Psychic

This is the standard Stallbro. I think some of them had Surf, or Ice Beam for freezing.

I guess I could drop Muk for Stallax, Amnesia, Reflect, Surf, Rest. or Body Slam, Reflect, Amnesia, Rest. Any ideas? comments, questions, post them below

I don't know RBY much, but your team looks super Electric-weak with nothing against Zapdos and very little against Starmie, Lapras, or Gengar.

This team is completely offenseless. No way to beat Chansey or Starmie.

Reflect doesn't work if you are hard walled by anything special based. Articuno and Gyarados are taking physical hits when they switch-in or while they are resting. You are going to use Reflect as your opponent goes to Chansey/Starmie/Lapras.

Muk is an inferior many things, this Gyarados set is a joke, and Reflect Slowbro should use Surf, and is generally backed up with something that can take out Starmie like Golem or Cloyster.

In short, you are hard walled, so any decent team will eventually wear you down. Resting will end up making you predictable, and Tauros and even Snorlax will end up raping you. Zapdos and Jolteon eat this team alive as well.

Stall teams don't exist in RBY, and if they do, they are just standard teams with a Cloyster to cover Snorlax (because Cloy's also good offensively with Clamp/explosion). RBY is one dimensional and trying to deviate from this "dimension" will always result on a failure.

Use Tauros.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)