Pending Remove inactive users from oldgen ladder rankings

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This was suggested about 3 years ago but I want to bring this up again, can we have inactive accounts removed when looking at the ladder rankings? Right now 450 of the top 500 accounts for Gen1OU are at 1500 or 1499 after Elo decay, clogging up the board with ancient, unused accounts. I think this would generally be good for oldgen ladders so people can actually see the active state of a ladder instead of the old players and their 10000 alts. I'm sure this would benefit other oldgens as well!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This is a great suggestion and I would also adore for this to be applied to randbats ladders. Some, like whatever the currentgen singles and dubs are, don't get cluttered by inactive accounts because 1500 isn't even in the top 500. Others, like gen 2 rands, have 35th-242nd taken up with 1500 or 1499 ELO decayed accounts.

BSSF has always stuck out in this regard:

BSSF is a fantastic format which many players love, but due to its swingy nature and relatively small playerbase, the top of the ladder is usually decayed accounts. The average ladder rating being lower makes it very difficult for players to top the ladder. Having to play a game or two for your decayed ELO to remain there seems like a great way to incentivise activity on some of the lesser played ladders, in addition to Sabelette's "providing an active state of the ladder" point which is also important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)