move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Blast / Smack Down
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Leftovers
ability: Solid Rock
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Rhyperior lends itself to various roles; it can set up Stealth Rock, serve as a reliable check to common threats like Rotom-H and Togekiss, and function as a wallbreaker thanks to its enormous Attack stat. Additionally, its sheer physical bulk allows it to tank hits like Close Combat from Choice Band Terrakion and easily check threats like Cinderace and Bulk Up Zeraora. It is particularly good at keeping up Stealth Rock thanks to its ability to threaten common removers in Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Excadrill. Rock Blast is the preferred Rock-type attack due to its ability to take advantage of Substitute users like Togekiss. Smack Down can be used instead to reliably force out Corviknight, as it risks being hit by Earthquake otherwise. Swords Dance makes Rhyperior even more threatening and allows it to break through defensive Pokemon like Clefable, Corviknight, and Ferrothorn. Alternatively, Toxic is an option to nail Hippowdon. Solid Rock is an incredible ability, as it allows Rhyperior to tank even super-effective hits. More specifically, 252 SpD EVs allow Rhyperior to survive even an Expert Belt-boosted Grass Knot from Zeraora from full, while an Impish nature allows it to survive a Swords Dance-boosted Earthquake from Sand Rush Excadrill from full. Naturally, it can OHKO both of these back with Earthquake.

Because Rhyperior is a reliable check to Rotom-H and Togekiss, teammates that are weak to these, such as Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and Toxapex, enjoy Rhyperior's presence. Moreover, the latter two aid in patching up Rhyperior's glaring weakness to Water-types like Dracovish and Seismitoad. Rhyperior is very susceptible to being worn down over time, making Wish support from the likes of Clefable crucial to keep it healthy throughout the battle. As Rhyperior is capable of blowing holes in the enemy team, Pokemon that can clean up after it, such as Dragapult and Zeroara, make good partners as well.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Ruft, 295110]]
- Quality checked by: [[Finchinator, 114198], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

Finchinator

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Past WCoP Championis a former Tournament Circuit Champion
OU & NU Leader
Because Rhyperior is a reliable check to Rotom-H and Togekiss, teammates that are weak to these, such as Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and Toxapex, enjoy Rhyperior's presence. Moreover, the latter two aid in patching up Rhyperior's glaring weakness to Water-types like Dracovish, Seismitoad, and Primarina.
Neither of the two Pokemon are particularly great against Primarina currently; I would consider only mentioning the first two Water types.

I would include a sentence in the first paragraph about how it is very hard to OHKO physically without numerous boosts or a 4x move like Fisheous Rend. It is able to live CB Terrakion Close Combat, has a 94% chance to live a +2 Icicle Spear from Cloyster, lives a +2 non-Life Orb Iron Head from Bisharp, and easily checks things like Cinderace or BU Zeraora. I do not think you need all of these examples, but this physically tank quality is something worth emphasizing I feel as you are mainly discussing the breaking prospects with SD and the SR setting prospects. These are good things to note, but it does not fully capture the essence of Rhyperior I feel.

Overall, what you have is great, but add a little bit on what I noted above and it should be great.

1/2

Ruft

La vie en rose
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Won OST Predictions
Neither of the two Pokemon are particularly great against Primarina currently; I would consider only mentioning the first two Water types.

I would include a sentence in the first paragraph about how it is very hard to OHKO physically without numerous boosts or a 4x move like Fisheous Rend. It is able to live CB Terrakion Close Combat, has a 94% chance to live a +2 Icicle Spear from Cloyster, lives a +2 non-Life Orb Iron Head from Bisharp, and easily checks things like Cinderace or BU Zeraora. I do not think you need all of these examples, but this physically tank quality is something worth emphasizing I feel as you are mainly discussing the breaking prospects with SD and the SR setting prospects. These are good things to note, but it does not fully capture the essence of Rhyperior I feel.

Overall, what you have is great, but add a little bit on what I noted above and it should be great.

1/2
Implemented, ready for next check

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)