move 2: Wood Hammer / Knock Off
move 3: Fake Out
move 4: U-turn
item: Assault Vest
ability: Grassy Surge
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good matchup against restricted Pokemon such as Kyogre and Xerneas, and its Grassy Terrain-boosted Grassy Glide, makes it a great Pokemon in the format. Grassy Glide allows Rillaboom to immediately check faster threats such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R while being its primary STAB move. Wood Hammer can OHKO Nihilego, bulky Kyogre, and Groudon while avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty. Knock Off is an alternative move to get rid of items such as Xerneas's Power Herb and Incineroar's Figy Berry while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja. Fake Out is a great tool for regaining momentum, stopping opposing setup such as Tornadus's Tailwind while leaving their users open for attacks from Rillaboom's allies. U-turn lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while recycling its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. This EV spread, together with the Assault Vest, allows Rillaboom to live +2 Xerneas's Moonblast and comfortably take Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage.

Rillaboom can partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable Restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to set up Substitute or Geomancy, respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-Restricted partners, Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break through Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Evelyie, 541609]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Grassy Glide
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Fake Out

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good bulk and access to support moves (Sorta just support move, no?)makes it a great Pokémon in the format. (This almost doesn't feel like enough. We should at least be mentioning its ability here and its naturally good matchup into some restricteds) Fake Out will always be carried to stop opposing setup and regain momentum during battle. (Couple things here: firstly mentioning pins is good for explaining Fake Out, because it opens up your play a lot more. Secondly, this should really be in order of what the set says. So maybe adjust Fake Out to come higher, or mention this later, up to you.) Rillaboom's Grassy Surge ability together with Grassy Glide, gives it priority making it able to instantly check faster threats (not 100% necessary, but it is true.) Kyogre, Regieleki and Urshifu-R, while also still picking up knockouts fast (Something here reads kinda weirdly to me but your content is completely fine. I am not entirely sure if "picking up knockouts fast" is accurate, because there are plenty of things that can live a Grassy Glide and threaten in return. I would leave it at what it allows you to check, and make priority a clear stand out point because you're not all that fast as a Rillaboom.). U-turn is another great move, being able to lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while recycling your its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. Wood Hammer as its last move provides Rillaboom with enough damage to OHKO Nihilego while also avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty (There are potentially other things to be said here like pressuring Kyogre with a guaranteed OHKO against most sets, also being decent into the likes of Groudon, but I'm not unhappy with this). Other option is Knock Off, (RC) is an alternative that allows Rillaboom to getting rid of items such as Berries and Power Herb from Xerneas (Switch these mentions around, one is clearly far more important than the other in this case. If you can give a pertinent example for the berries point, that would be wonderful) is very useful, while hitting Calyrex-S and Shedinja hard (Small thing but... can you hit Shedinja hard? Should this just be reworded to somehting like "...while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja"?). Assault Vest is a great item for Rillaboom, providing it more bulk and longevity paired with Grassy Terrain and its spread, making it survive a Landorus's Sludge Bomb and +2 Xerneas Moonblast, while getting 3HKO'd by Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage. (I think this point reads a little bit messy but the content is fine; if you can clean it up, that's cool but I think GP will be able to give you more of a hand than I can at 2am)

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to setup Substitute or Geomancy respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-restricted partners (Little bit fluffy, but ultimately it's a segue so I might be inclined to let GP decide), Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona. There aren't many downsides for using Rillaboom, except if you are running Kyogre where Tsareena is more appreciated. (Is that the only downside? I think this isn't really talking about a Rillaboom downside but rather a comp that prefers a different mon for different application.)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Implement this, ping me, you know what I say at this point. Feel free to ask about anything on Discord.

[SET]
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Fake Out

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good bulk and access to support moves (Sorta just support move, no?)makes it a great Pokémon in the format. (This almost doesn't feel like enough. We should at least be mentioning its ability here and its naturally good matchup into some restricteds) Fake Out will always be carried to stop opposing setup and regain momentum during battle. (Couple things here: firstly mentioning pins is good for explaining Fake Out, because it opens up your play a lot more. Secondly, this should really be in order of what the set says. So maybe adjust Fake Out to come higher, or mention this later, up to you.) Rillaboom's Grassy Surge ability together with Grassy Glide, gives it priority making it able to instantly check faster threats (not 100% necessary, but it is true.) Kyogre, Regieleki and Urshifu-R, while also still picking up knockouts fast (Something here reads kinda weirdly to me but your content is completely fine. I am not entirely sure if "picking up knockouts fast" is accurate, because there are plenty of things that can live a Grassy Glide and threaten in return. I would leave it at what it allows you to check, and make priority a clear stand out point because you're not all that fast as a Rillaboom.). U-turn is another great move, being able to lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while recycling your its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. Wood Hammer as its last move provides Rillaboom with enough damage to OHKO Nihilego while also avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty (There are potentially other things to be said here like pressuring Kyogre with a guaranteed OHKO against most sets, also being decent into the likes of Groudon, but I'm not unhappy with this). Other option is Knock Off, (RC) is an alternative that allows Rillaboom to getting rid of items such as Berries and Power Herb from Xerneas (Switch these mentions around, one is clearly far more important than the other in this case. If you can give a pertinent example for the berries point, that would be wonderful) is very useful, while hitting Calyrex-S and Shedinja hard (Small thing but... can you hit Shedinja hard? Should this just be reworded to somehting like "...while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja"?). Assault Vest is a great item for Rillaboom, providing it more bulk and longevity paired with Grassy Terrain and its spread, making it survive a Landorus's Sludge Bomb and +2 Xerneas Moonblast, while getting 3HKO'd by Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage. (I think this point reads a little bit messy but the content is fine; if you can clean it up, that's cool but I think GP will be able to give you more of a hand than I can at 2am)

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to setup Substitute or Geomancy respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-restricted partners (Little bit fluffy, but ultimately it's a segue so I might be inclined to let GP decide), Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona. There aren't many downsides for using Rillaboom, except if you are running Kyogre where Tsareena is more appreciated. (Is that the only downside? I think this isn't really talking about a Rillaboom downside but rather a comp that prefers a different mon for different application.)

[CREDITS]

Implement this, ping me, you know what I say at this point. Feel free to ask about anything on Discord.
implemented

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good bulk, good matchup into restricteds such as Calyrex-S and Xerneas makes it a great Pokémon in the format. (I still really feel like the ability could mentioned here, because it's a huge reason to actually pick Rillaboom. Think of what separates Rilla from other Grass-types, and that should be what we talk about here) Grassy Surge paired with Grassy Glide gives it priority making it able to immediatly check faster threats such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R (I feel like mentioning this is the primary move of choice for Rillaboom, making up for it's otherwise below average speed would be nice), while also being able to quickly secure knockouts on Pokémon in range. (Note how this means nothing. Every move secures knockouts on Pokemon in range) Wood Hammer provides Rillaboom with enough damage to OHKO Nihilego, bulky Kyogre and Groudon, while avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty. Knock Off is an alternative move that allows Rillaboom to get rid of items such as Xerneas's Power Herb and Incineroar's Sitrus Berry Figy Berry, while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja. Fake Out is a great tool for regaining momentum, stopping opposing setup such as Tornadus's Tailwind while leaving them open for attacks from Rillaboom's allies. U-turn lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while reclycling its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. This spread, together with the Assault Vest, allows Rillaboom to live +2 Xerneas Moonblast and comfortably take Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage.

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to setup Substitute or Geomancy respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-restricted partners, Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona. (This is all good)

[CREDITS]

Same as usual, let me know and we shouldn't be far off of a QC stamp!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good bulk, good matchup into restricteds such as Calyrex-S and Xerneas makes it a great Pokémon in the format. (I still really feel like the ability could mentioned here, because it's a huge reason to actually pick Rillaboom. Think of what separates Rilla from other Grass-types, and that should be what we talk about here) Grassy Surge paired with Grassy Glide gives it priority making it able to immediatly check faster threats such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R (I feel like mentioning this is the primary move of choice for Rillaboom, making up for it's otherwise below average speed would be nice), while also being able to quickly secure knockouts on Pokémon in range. (Note how this means nothing. Every move secures knockouts on Pokemon in range) Wood Hammer provides Rillaboom with enough damage to OHKO Nihilego, bulky Kyogre and Groudon, while avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty. Knock Off is an alternative move that allows Rillaboom to get rid of items such as Xerneas's Power Herb and Incineroar's Sitrus Berry Figy Berry, while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja. Fake Out is a great tool for regaining momentum, stopping opposing setup such as Tornadus's Tailwind while leaving them open for attacks from Rillaboom's allies. U-turn lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while reclycling its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. This spread, together with the Assault Vest, allows Rillaboom to live +2 Xerneas Moonblast and comfortably take Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage.

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to setup Substitute or Geomancy respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-restricted partners, Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona. (This is all good)

[CREDITS]

Same as usual, let me know and we shouldn't be far off of a QC stamp!
done

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good matchup into restricteds against Restricted Pokemon such as Kyogre and Xerneas, and its Grassy Terrain-boosted Grassy Glide, (AC) makes it a great Pokemon (removed E accent) in the format. Grassy Glide allows Rillaboom able to immediately check faster threats such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R while being its primary STAB move. Wood Hammer provides Rillaboom with enough damage to can OHKO Nihilego, bulky Kyogre, (AC) and Groudon (RC) while avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty. Knock Off is an alternative move that allows Rillaboom to get rid of items such as Xerneas's Power Herb and Incineroar's Figy Berry (RC) while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja. Fake Out is a great tool for regaining momentum, stopping opposing setup such as Tornadus's Tailwind while leaving them their users open for attacks from Rillaboom's allies. U-turn lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while reclycling recycling its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. This EV spread, together with the Assault Vest, allows Rillaboom to live +2 Xerneas's Moonblast and comfortably take Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage.

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could can partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable Restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to set up (was "setup") Substitute or Geomancy, (AC) respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-Restricted partners, Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break through Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona.

[CREDITS]
aigis.gif
1/1

Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Rillaboom's good matchup into restricteds against Restricted Pokemon such as Kyogre and Xerneas, and its Grassy Terrain-boosted Grassy Glide, (AC) makes it a great Pokemon (removed E accent) in the format. Grassy Glide allows Rillaboom able to immediately check faster threats such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R while being its primary STAB move. Wood Hammer provides Rillaboom with enough damage to can OHKO Nihilego, bulky Kyogre, (AC) and Groudon (RC) while avoiding Tsareena's Queenly Majesty. Knock Off is an alternative move that allows Rillaboom to get rid of items such as Xerneas's Power Herb and Incineroar's Figy Berry (RC) while also threatening Calyrex-S and Shedinja. Fake Out is a great tool for regaining momentum, stopping opposing setup such as Tornadus's Tailwind while leaving them their users open for attacks from Rillaboom's allies. U-turn lets Rillaboom pivot in and out while reclycling recycling its Fake Out and Grassy Terrain. This EV spread, together with the Assault Vest, allows Rillaboom to live +2 Xerneas's Moonblast and comfortably take Calyrex-S's Astral Barrage.

Rillaboom is very splashable on teams and could can partner with everything and do well due to its pressure and damage, but notable Restricted partners are Zacian-C and Xerneas, since they appreciate Fake Out pressure to set up (was "setup") Substitute or Geomancy, (AC) respectively. Groudon also appreciates Rillaboom, since it keeps Kyogre in check. As for non-Restricted partners, Fire-types such as Incineroar and Entei are appreciated to break through Grass-types that could wall Rillaboom, such as Tsareena and Amoonguss. Urshifu-R and Landorus are also good partners, since they can easily deal with Incineroar and Volcarona.

[CREDITS]
View attachment 3630871/1
implemented!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)