Rotom-C @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-C finds its niche as an offensive support Pokemon via great support moves, a great Speed tier, and an acceptable offensive presence. Rotom-C's viability as a Defogger is bolstered by the fact that its typing and ability let it come in against a plethora of Stealth Rock setters such as Mega Steelix and Rhyperior. Grassium Z improves Rotom-C's role as a Defogger, as Grassium Z lets it net essential OHKOs against hazard setters such as Nidoqueen. Volt Switch lets Rotom-C pivot out of counters such as Cresselia and Porygon2, though Toxic is an option over Will-O-Wisp that allows Rotom-C to have counterplay against said counters.

Great teammates include Pokemon that appreciate Rotom-C’s Defog support, such as Moltres and Salazzle. Offensive setup sweepers like Flygon and Feraligatr greatly appreciate Rotom-C’s ability to spread burns, which can give them free setup opportunities. Wallbreakers like Choice Band Bewear and Hoopa take advantage of Rotom-C’s ability to bring them in freely via Volt Switch. Defensive partners such as Snorlax and Milotic can handle offensive Ice- and Fire-types like Vanilluxe and Moltres that Rotom-C struggles with.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
hiya, first time doing a fb one but

Kingdra isn't awfully relevant, I'd probably try to list another mon or just leave it at just Flygon. The only mon I could find, personally, that Bloom Doom ohko'd where Leaf Storm didn't was Espeon and I'm not sure if thats a switch in anyways so.... probably just leave at Flygon.

Specs Gardevoir->Hoopa :p (I haven't seen this mon in AGES, I'm not sure if its worth mentioning)
If you mention defensive partners->snorlax + milotic as Ice/Fire resists

1/1 :)

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi

actually, before i check this im gonna ask you to go over this. it's a set spotlight, not a pokemon spotlight, so remove the first paragraph or reword some of the information into the paragraph below. also, don't go over information like what the moves and EVs do, because those are mostly self explanatory (except some of them like volt switch is nice for momentum, willowisp can cripple some relevant attackers)

basically, the sort of information you want to go over in a set spotlight is how rotom-c fares in the current metagame and its roles in the metagame. good job with the teammates part, because that's the sort of thing you want. it is, however, a bit long, so shorten it a bit (go for around 1000 characters overall). sentences like "evs allow rotom-c to be as fast and strong as possible" not necessary! hope i helped, ill gladly check this after

tldr just remember its not an analysis and that it's a short and concise paragraph about what the pokemon does in the metagame. its on facebook, after all.

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Rotom-C @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-C finds its niche as an offensive support Pokemon via great support moves, a great Speed tier, and an acceptable offensive presence. Rotom-C's viability as a Defogger is bolstered by the fact that its typing + and ability lets let it come in against a plethora of Stealth Rock setters such as Mega Steelix and Rhyperior. (sentences like these are good) Grassium Z lets Rotom-C pick up OHKOs against Pokemon like Nidoqueen, Kingdra, and Flygon. Volt Switch lets Rotom-C pivot out of counters like Cresselia and Umbreon for free momentum. Defog and Will-O-Wisp allow Rotom-C to more easily support its teammates. (not sold on the inclusion of these last three sentences, mostly the grassium z one. i think a good idea would be to instead of saying obvious/unhelpful info (defog and willowisp allow rotom-c to more easily support its teammates -- not really helpful) you could say something like what you said before (rotom-c is able to come in on these setters and defog freely, cripple them with willowisp, pivot out with volt switch, etc) basically something a bit more relevant to its role and why someone might want to use it)

Great teammates include Pokemon that appreciate Rotom-C’s Defog support, such as Moltres and Salazzle. Offensive set up setup sweepers like Flygon and Feraligatr are also great teammates, as they greatly appreciate Rotom-C’s ability to spread burns, (AC) which can give them free setup opportunities. Wallbreakers like Choice Band Bewear and Hoopa appreciate take advantage of (repetition of appreciate; used three times now) Rotom-C’s ability to bring them in freely via Volt Switch. Defensive partners include Pokemon such as Snorlax and Milotic as they can handle offensive Ice- and Fire-types like Vanilluxe and Moltres that Rotom-C struggles with.

looking a lot better, but not gp 1/1 just yet. tag me after you've made these changes and ill go over it again. sorry for all this hassle though

lotiasite

undedgy

Rotom-C @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-C finds its niche as an offensive support Pokemon via great support moves, a great Speed tier, and an acceptable offensive presence. Rotom-C's viability as a Defogger is bolstered by the fact that its typing and ability let it come in against a plethora of Stealth Rock setters such as Mega Steelix and Rhyperior. Grassium Z improves Rotom-C's role as a Defogger, as Grassium Z lets it net essential OHKOs against hazard setters such as Nidoqueen. Volt Switch lets Rotom-C pivot out of counters such as Cresselia and Porygon2, however, though Toxic is an option over Will-O-Wisp as it that allows Rotom-C to have counterplay to against said counters.

Great teammates include Pokemon that appreciate Rotom-C’s Defog support, such as Moltres and Salazzle. Offensive setup sweepers like Flygon and Feraligatr greatly appreciate Rotom-C’s ability to spread burns, which can give them free setup opportunities. Wallbreakers like Choice Band Bewear and Hoopa take advantage of Rotom-C’s ability to bring them in freely via Volt Switch. Defensive partners such as Snorlax and Milotic can handle offensive Ice- and Fire-types like Vanilluxe and Moltres that Rotom-C struggles with.

looking better, great job and thanks for dealing with me lol GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)