RU RU Exploud

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Exploud is a nightmare to switch into; its Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst is one of the strongest attacks in the tier, and its coverage moves can dent all of the few Pokemon that resist Scrappy Boomburst. Hydro Pump destroys Rhyperior and Gigalith; Fire Blast roasts Steel-types like Copperajah, Klefki, and Bronzong; and Focus Blast lets Exploud break through two of the tier's bulkiest special walls, Umbreon and Porygon2. Even offensive teams aren't safe; Timid Exploud outspeeds and threatens out most other wallbreakers, letting it claim free KOs against offensive staples like Golurk, Bewear, and Centiskorch. In order to let Exploud attack as much as possible, it is important to bring it in without taking damage. Passimian, Barraskewda, and Dragalge can all do this with U-turn or Flip Turn. Fighting-types are great partners for Exploud; Scrafty and Passimian can take advantage of its Rock- and Steel-type switch-ins and sweep or clean the opposing team after Exploud has weakened it.

Last edited:

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comment
Exploud is a nightmare to switch into; its Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst is one of the strongest attacks in the tier, and its coverage moves are able to hit can dent all of the few Pokemon that resist it Normal. Hydro Pump destroys Rhyperior and Gigalith,; (change to semi) Fire Blast roasts Steel-types like Copperajah, Klefki, and Bronzong,; (change to semi) and Focus Blast enables Exploud to break through two of the tier's bulkiest special walls: Umbreon and Porygon2. Even offensive teams aren't safe; Timid Exploud outspeeds and threatens out most other wallbreakers, letting it claim free KOs against offensive staples like Golurk, Bewear, and Centiskorch. In order to let Exploud attack as much as possible, it is important to bring it in without taking damage; Passimian, Barraskewda, and Dragalge are all able to do this with U-turn or Flip Turn. Fighting-types are great partners for Exploud; Scrafty and Passimian can take advantage of its Rock- and Steel-type switch-(AH)ins and sweep or clean the opposing team after Exploud has weakened it.

Last edited:

Expulso

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Exploud is a nightmare to switch into; its Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst is one of the strongest attacks in the tier, and its coverage moves are able to hit can dent all of the few Pokemon that resist it Normal. Hydro Pump destroys Rhyperior and Gigalith,; (change to semi) Fire Blast roasts Steel-types like Copperajah, Klefki, and Bronzong,; (change to semi) and Focus Blast enables Exploud to break through two of the tier's bulkiest special walls: Umbreon and Porygon2. Even offensive teams aren't safe; Timid Exploud outspeeds and threatens out most other wallbreakers, letting it claim free KOs against offensive staples like Golurk, Bewear, and Centiskorch. In order to let Exploud attack as much as possible, it is important to bring it in without taking damage; Passimian, Barraskewda, and Dragalge are all able to do this with U-turn or Flip Turn. Fighting-types are great partners for Exploud; Scrafty and Passimian can take advantage of its Rock- and Steel-type switch-(AH)ins and sweep or clean the opposing team after Exploud has weakened it.
is this still a WIP or should i implement?

Expulso

Thanks. Instead of "resist Normal" I had to say "resist Scrappy Boomburst" in order to explain why I do not include Ghost-types in the list of resistances despite them being immune to normal-type attacks. This took me ~20 characters over, so I made a few minor tweaks to shorten it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)