Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Keno

Got your fiery squad right here!
Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Scald

Togetic @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Got what you asked for right here. Paired the Tyrantrum with cobalion to take out them fairies and Fletchinder to check scrafty and other fighting types. Based Seismitoad has a standard offensive set except I put grass knot on it to beat other seismitoads and beat quagsire which beats most of our team because of all of our physical set up sweepers. I have a meloetta to break down defensive cores and 2hko alomomola that beat fletchinder and cobalion if it gets a burn. Togetic is to defog and check scrafty if fletchinder goes down t-wave helps it slow down teams to break them easier with meloetta. You need to really be careful of noivern it looks pretty dangerous to this team.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know what's cool? RP torterra. with a coba berry. fuck fletch. make me a team if ur manly enough gorex. actually, it can use occa berry if you want, that seems cool too. I just kinda like RP resist berry torterra in PU and the official RU analysis says life orb is the suggested item, which is pretty garb tbh. If it needs to be in a core, Mega Glalie goes well with it because it fucks with grass types and breaks nicely for torterra to sweep. If that's not viable enough for this factory, I'll take a combusken pass team because that seems cancerous fun.

edit: 252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Coba Berry Torterra: 252-297 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

edit2: I'll take Flygon volt/turn since that's 3sp00k5u (I talked with gorex so this isnt random decision changes @ other people watching this thread)

Last edited:

Sneasel @ Eviolite / Life Orb(for pursuit)
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance / Pursuit

Dragon infested games make this pal real fun. Eviolite gives it more opportunity to set up and SD can make a potent sweeper due to its speed. Low Kick for Cobalion over secondary Ice Stab. Pursuit could also make it a could partner for Cobalion.
Also free PU.

gorex

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

If possible I'd like a balanced team built around Clawitzer. Clawitzer may be slow, but it is an extremely potent wallbreaker with a solid base 120 Special Attack backed by Mega Launcher can just punch holes in teams plus I feel Clawitzer is underrated in RU. Plus, who doesn't love a cannon? ⌐■_■

Hey ! Im completely new to the tier and ivr heard you now has dragons :3.
Noiver is a mon that ive always wanted to use but as an ou player never found a good place to it and i dont really liked playing UU.
You know what else you have that i like ? Meloetta-pirouette i was thinking on some form of an AV set but youll see
And lastbut not least my favourite eevolution ever jolteon. If you could sort out an easy HO team around those 3 id love it... thanks in advance stay greedy

Last edited:

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey ! Im completely new to the tier and ivr heard you now has dragons :3.
Noiver is a mon that ive always wanted to use but as an ou player never found a good place to it and i dont really liked playing UU.
You know what else you have that i like ? Meloetta-pirouette i was thinking on some form of an AV set but youll see
And lastbut not least my favourite eevolution ever jolteon. If you could sort out an easy HO team around those 3 id love it... thanks in advance stay greedy
I think I can respond to this on behalf of the builders. Trying to build a team around 3 requested mons leads to heavy restriction on the person building the team, and likely also an ineffective team. For your request, I think Noivern and Jolteon could be used together effectively on a hyper offensive team, and a team could be built around that (AV melo P also isn't a very viable set).

Sorry im new to the meta but melo-p in av seems quite a good asset on an HO team. she is able to come in into some special attacks she normally wouldnt and then get into the speed monster that pirouette gets her to... and if you manage to get her into something lets say a poison type and the opponent switchs into an dark type while you sing in its face and turn into figthing type you grab momentum without switching...
Another situation that seems good is u-turning out of there after coming back to regular form since it brings an slow u turn into play with some resistances you hadnt before.
And since melo speed and attack stat is so high (while pirouette) you can tailor them to resist some impacts even on pirouette form while losing a bit of speed or damage.
Sorry im just theorymoning but damn that looks good on paper

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
The problem with putting an Assault Vest on any sweeper is that it prevents them from performing well in the role they were built to do: sweep. Pokemon like Meloetta-P need boosting items like Life Orb to do their job consistently.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
My first request was about a month ago, so you don't mind me requesting another team, no?

Cobalion @ Black Belt
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

With the power of a STAB Close Combat, a x1.2 boost from the Black Belt, a boost from Swords Dance, and the overall fact that Close Combat is a very strong move, Cobalion can be a great sweeper. And with it behind a substitute makes it hard to KO.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
TONE114

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- U-turn

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Recover

Got your team right here. Decided to take a more offensive approach with this team and go lead SR SD Cobalion, It can do some damage early game if your opponent lets you. with lum berry you can avoid some early game ailments. Followed it up with specs tangrowth to do some major damage along with the help of clawitzer. Flygon helps with speed control and picking up momentum. Swellow is a great mon in this meta to me because it is one of the fastest mons rn. guts boosted facade dents most teams and can clean up late game. Reuniclus is there to break down stall and can sweep some passive teams

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TONE114

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- U-turn

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Recover

Got your team right here. Decided to take a more offensive approach with this team and go lead SR SD Cobalion, It can do some damage early game if your opponent lets you. with lum berry you can avoid some early game ailments. Followed it up with specs tangrowth to do some major damage along with the help of clawitzer. Flygon helps with speed control and picking up momentum. Swellow is a great mon in this meta to me because it is one of the fastest mons rn. guts boosted facade dents most teams and can clean up late game. Reuniclus is there to break down stall and can sweep some passive teams
Appreciate the team KingT Thanks again.

Springtrap
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
This originally was meant to be the Spikes Stacking VolTurn request team but the result and my direction in teambuilding brought me to this. I didn't use Black Belt on Cobalion though but Leftovers since stuff like the OHKO on Slowking at +6 is useless and the kills against Rhyperior you don't get with 36 SpD EVs anyway. This team has a big emphasis on the physical side of the spectrum and all the three main offensive Pokemon (Cobalion, Hitmonlee, Tyrantrum) working both in an offensive cleaning and wallbreaking way tearing down each other's checks and or counters with Spikes, Stealth Rock and the fact that Accelgor is such a nice way to weaken Pokemon such as Rhyperior as well as to beat annoying Pokemon such as Cobalion, Noivern, Jolteon, Sneasel to an extent and all these demons as well as Choice Scarf users (Tyrantrum is outsped and dies, Emboar takes over 60% from Focus Blast and other coolstuff) being incredibly nice in offense matchups. Double priority Hitmonlee is something i have always liked for its ability to KO any Meloetta with Sucker Punch as well as the gained damage on Pokemon such as Noivern who die after 40% prior damage as well as the stronger hits against anything neutral and Rapid Spin is something i don't deem necessary atm (use it if you feel like). Tangrowth is general utility handling special attackers decently as well as Steelix, Cobalion to an extent and Ground-types outside of Camerupt. Golurk is a nice Houndoom lure and sets Stealth Rock reliably against Pokemon such as Cobalion and Colbur makes it an additional Scrafty check to boot. idk this works hf

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Springtrap
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
This originally was meant to be the Spikes Stacking VolTurn request team but the result and my direction in teambuilding brought me to this. I didn't use Black Belt on Cobalion though but Leftovers since stuff like the OHKO on Slowking at +6 is useless and the kills against Rhyperior you don't get with 36 SpD EVs anyway. This team has a big emphasis on the physical side of the spectrum and all the three main offensive Pokemon (Cobalion, Hitmonlee, Tyrantrum) working both in an offensive cleaning and wallbreaking way tearing down each other's checks and or counters with Spikes, Stealth Rock and the fact that Accelgor is such a nice way to weaken Pokemon such as Rhyperior as well as to beat annoying Pokemon such as Cobalion, Noivern, Jolteon, Sneasel to an extent and all these demons as well as Choice Scarf users (Tyrantrum is outsped and dies, Emboar takes over 60% from Focus Blast and other coolstuff) being incredibly nice in offense matchups. Double priority Hitmonlee is something i have always liked for its ability to KO any Meloetta with Sucker Punch as well as the gained damage on Pokemon such as Noivern who die after 40% prior damage as well as the stronger hits against anything neutral and Rapid Spin is something i don't deem necessary atm (use it if you feel like). Tangrowth is general utility handling special attackers decently as well as Steelix, Cobalion to an extent and Ground-types outside of Camerupt. Golurk is a nice Houndoom lure and sets Stealth Rock reliably against Pokemon such as Cobalion and Colbur makes it an additional Scrafty check to boot. idk this works hf
Taking the time of building someone else a team is a very amazing thing to do, thank you so much!

col49

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
HypnoEmpire

sorry for the delay; i ended up calling dibs on this one b.c it interested me, but i've been piling on hours, support the famiglia =/

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 112 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 164 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Fire Blast
- Magic Coat

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 224 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 32 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

the reason i was interested by this suggestion was that, while i don't consider specs jellicent to be a wholly poor pokemon, the matter presented by 'opportunity cost' is very prevalent in its incorporation on builds, in many senses; struggling with the standard defensive set is the primary issue here, as it is something that is rather difficult to dismiss in the metagame at hand, but it also struggles to provide substantial variance from the other specially-based nukes of the tier. what i might consider to be an optimal use of specs jellicent might have it affixed to a build that seeks to make more immediate / aggressive returns on what it might seek to do defensively for a team (getting a strong hydro pump off on something, rather than wisping a thing with that free turn) while still gaining significant value of its typing defensively. in this context, this pokemon [somewhat] accommodates a looser handle on opposing reuniclus, pushes to break 'mons like tangrowth as to facilitate an end-game from gurdurr, etc. i feel splurging all the way for wish support and whatnot slows down to the build to a point that it no longer benefits in significant enough a way for specs jelli to be optimal, and for that reason i opt for healing wish audino as a 'middle-ground' (also functioning as a defensive pivot to acommodate the looser defensive core, w.o loosing too much headway v.spike-stack via magic coat). can struggle somewhat w/'mons like escavalier and gallade, but generally most bases are covered here i think z_z

i'll whip up something fly for treecko37 in the near future, b.c that what was i was taught to do by flight facilities (look it up, quality ish)

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return
I've been trying to build a mostly offensive/balanced squad using this monster accompanied with hazards support (main priority on rocks and spikes if that helps) and it's working decently but I was hoping if someone else could make a squad for me. Dug/Drap are good partners to this mon tho that's for sure [:
still hoping to receive a team built around this monster. even though noiv absolutely shits on it in both formes, i hope it's not too hard of a request for the builders ;;

col49

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
o_k

GasQuake

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 48 SpA / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Yawn

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 124 SpA / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Emboar @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch / Taunt

this is actually a build i made in anticipation of a kingdra-free meta, perhaps a few days prior to the quick-ban, so while i guess i'm maybe cheating, it also means i tested it fairly sufficiently haha. sd sneasel is certainly a 'good set' imo, but it does require a somewhat precise structure to favour it, which i sought to achieve here. a soft defensive backbone in qwilfish + spdef uxie offers a moderate amount of structural leniency, but this is a team that does need to be play rather aggressively to yield results, which i s'pose is a fundamental thing with offense z_z there are certain defensive cores and whatnot that seem somewhat problematic to this build, but many can be circumvented with concise play, usually centered around setting up spikes and bearing in with either roar jolteon (who can force steelix into +2 low kick range really nicely if you catch it w/roar on the switch) or taunt emboar, should you opt for it. takes a little getting used to, but this is one of my favourite offense builds in this metagame haha.

hollywood

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 188 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Tickle / Healing Wish

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 164 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 36 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

i heard offhand that you were a fan of regice: the iceberg pokemon, and for that reason, i made this team. also, this meta is dookie, but let's you run pokemon like regice: the iceberg pokemon. i liked the concept behind momo + regice + reuniclus, since it soft-check a sizable amount of 'mons, as well as establishing some sort of win condition v.balance (since regice could beat into stuff like escavalier to set up reuniclus in turn, etc.). the remainder of the team was focused around covering up necessary defensive bits, like hazard control, knock off absorption, fighter check (gurdurr does this + helps with things like doomer, making it somewhat of a 'necessary compromise' on this build, which is mitigated somewhat by wish support), reuniclus check, etc. everything being grounded means you gotta consider your options v.spike-stack a bit more, but it is fairly consistent for the most part haha.

Well since nobody said if im ur making the teams that i asked im asking a new core...

Meloetta P and SD weavile as wincon for an HO team. melo and weavile cover each other very nicely, weavile open up psychics and flying type that melo may struggle and melo kills any steel and rock type that wall weavile

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
Well since nobody said if im ur making the teams that i asked im asking a new core...

Meloetta P and SD weavile as wincon for an HO team. melo and weavile cover each other very nicely, weavile open up psychics and flying type that melo may struggle and melo kills any steel and rock type that wall weavile
Weavile is not allowed in RU. only sneasel is ;;

Hello. I'd like to request 2 teams, if that's possible. The first team should be a Hyper Offense team centered around Gallade (SD or Scarf. scarf dbond preferred). The second one should be a defensive team should based around Mega Audino (maybe a CM set or just plain cleric, depends on you). I'd be really thankful to anyone who could help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)