BH Seismitoad [QC 2/2 GP 1/1]

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:seismitoad:
[SET]
name: Fur Coat Wall
move 1: Earth Power
move 2: Spectral Thief / Scald
move 3: Recover
move 4: Teleport / Anchor Shot / Scald
item: Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
ability: Fur Coat
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
A great defensive typing along with Fur Coat helps Seismitoad check some of the strongest physical attackers in the metagame, like Zacian-C, Zekrom, and Galarian Darmanitan-Z. A Relaxed nature is used to maximize physical bulk and ensures that Seismitoad is not 2HKOed by attacks like Choice Band Intrepid Sword V-create from Galarian Darmanitan-Z after Stealth Rock. Despite the nature, maximum Speed investment is ideal so Seismitoad can steal Speed boosts and outspeed base 90 Pokemon at +1 and Zacian-C at +2. Leftovers provides passive recovery to keep Seismitoad healthy and avoid potential 2HKOs. Rocky Helmet is an alternative that provides useful chip damage to attackers using contact moves, limiting the number of times they can come in. Earth Power is a spammable STAB move because Ground-resistant Pokemon are not common, and it notably 2HKOes Melmetal. Spectral Thief steals foes' stat boosts and keeps Seismitoad from being overpowered by setup attackers like Poison Heal Zekrom. Scald is a secondary STAB move that is also spammable thanks to its high burn chance. Teleport is a great pivot move that allows Seismitoad to gain momentum while the foe switches out. Anchor Shot is an alternative move that traps and removes opposing Imposter users and can become Max Steelspike while Dynamaxed to provide a useful Defense boost in a pinch.

Special walls like Zamazenta-C and Poison Heal Snorlax are great teammates for Seismitoad, as they help check special attackers that threaten it like Refrigerate Kyurem-W and Choice Specs Lunala. Physical attackers like Choice Band Galarian Darmanitan-Z and Zeraora also pair nicely with Seismitoad because it checks Zacian-C, which outspeeds and beats both of them. Seismitoad can also serve as a check against Imposter users of these attackers, depending on the coverage moves chosen. Seismitoad's typing gives it an exploitable 4x weakness to Grass-type attacks, so Imposter users like Wobbuffet are useful teammates to scout for lure sets like Power Whip Zeraora and Solar Blade Darmanitan-Galar-Zen. Seismitoad can use Teleport to safely pivot into teammates like the aforementioned Choice Band wallbreakers and Imposter users. If it's running Anchor Shot, Seismitoad does not need to worry about opposing Imposter users taking advantage of its set and healing up for free. If it's running Teleport, teammates like Poison Heal Snorlax or Kyurem-W can come in on and Imposter of Seismitoad and gain momentum with a slow pivot or force it out with the threat of powerful attacks.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[a loser, 410702]]
- Quality checked by: [[MAMP, 225453], [Chessking345, 355040]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
comments in red+bold
[SET]
item: Rocky Helmet / Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
this paragraph i think is a bit more detailed than it needs to be, try to trim some superfluous detail here and there. A great defensive typing along with Fur Coat helps Seismitoad to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the meta, like Zacian-C, Zekrom, and Darmanitan-Galar-Zen. Natural resistances or immunity allow Seismitoad to easily switch in on attacks like V-create, Sunsteel Strike, and Bolt Beak. A Relaxed nature is used to maximize physical bulk and ensures that Seismitoad is not 2HKOed by attacks like Choice Band Intrepid Sword V-create from Darmanitan-Galar-Zen after prior chip damage this is unclear bc toad can still get 2hkod after chip damage with relaxed. maybe specify that it avoids the 2hko after rocks?. Max Speed investment is ideal, despite a negative nature, so that after stealing boosts like Quiver Dance or Shell Smash, Seismitoad outspeeds the base 90 speed tier at +1 and base 148 speed tier at +2. Rocky Helmet provides useful chip damage to attackers using contact moves, limiting the number of times they can come in. Leftovers are a nice alternative item that provide passive recovery to keep Seismitoad healthy. i would switch lefties and helmet around so that lefties is the first slash, i think lefties is generally preferred by toad bc it just barely avoids getting 2hkod by a lot of stuff. Earth Power is a spammable STAB move since a majority not really a majority, might be better to say that very little resists it of the meta is weak to Ground-type attacks and it 2hkos melm. Earth Power is chosen over Earthquake, even though it has less base power and comes from a weaker attacking stat, because it is not affected by burns and notably 2HKOes Melmetal this sentence could be cut. Spectral Thief steals opponent's stat boosts and keeps Seismitoad from being overpowered by setup attackers like Poison Heal Zekrom. Scald is an alternative STAB move that is also spammable thanks to its high burn chance. Recover is necessary for keeping Seismitoad healthy throughout the battle, as it needs to have relatively high health to reliably check physical threats this sentence is also a bit unnecessary. Teleport is a great pivot move with -6 priority, allowing you to gain momentum while your opponent switches out. Anchor Shot is an alternative move that traps opposing Pokemon what pokemon do you want to trap? it's basically just imposter i think and can remove opposing Imposter users once trapped. Dynamaxing to use Max Steelspike can also provide a useful defense boost in a pinch.

Special walls like Zamazenta-C or Poison Heal Snorlax are great teammates for Seismitoad as they help check Special Attackers that threaten it, like Refrigerate Kyurem-White or Choice Specs Lunala. Physical Attackers like Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar-Zen or Zeraora also pair nicely with Seismitoad why?. Zacian-C outspeeds both of them, but Seismitoad helps keep it in check so that they have more opportunities to come in. Seismitoad also can serve as an improof don't assume the reader knows what 'improof' means against Imposter users of these attackers. Seismitoad's typing gives it one exploitable 4x weakness to Grass attacks, Imposter users like Wobbuffet are useful teammates to scout for lure sets like Power Whip Zacian-C or Solar Blade Darmanitan-Galar-Zen. mons that toad can teleport into

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
qc 1/2

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A great defensive typing along with Fur Coat helps Seismitoad to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the meta, like Zacian-C, Zekrom, and Galarian Darmanitan-Z. A Relaxed nature is used to maximize physical bulk and ensures that Seismitoad is not 2HKOed by attacks like Choice Band Intrepid Sword V-create from Galarian Darmanitan-Z after Stealth Rock. Max Speed investment is ideal, despite a negative nature, so that after stealing boosts like Quiver Dance or Shell Smash, Seismitoad outspeeds the base 90 speed tier at +1 and base 148 speed tier just say Zac-C at +2. Leftovers provide passive recovery to keep Seismitoad healthy and avoid potential 2HKOes. Rocky Helmet is a nice nice sounds too good, just delete since helmet is less optimal alternative that provides useful chip damage to attackers using contact moves, limiting the number of times they can come in. Earth Power is a spammable STAB move since Ground resists are not common and it notably 2HKOs Melmetal ignore burns from PH Zekrom. Spectral Thief steals opponent's stat boosts and keeps Seismitoad from being overpowered by setup attackers like Poison Heal Zekrom. Scald is an alternative secondary not alternate STAB move that is also spammable thanks to its high burn chance. Recover is necessary for keeping Seismitoad healthy throughout the battle, as it needs to have relatively high health to reliably check physical threats Recover seems filler and unnecessary. Teleport is a great pivot move with -6 priority dex info, delete, allowing you to gain momentum while your opponent switches out. Anchor Shot is an alternative move that traps and removes opposing Imposter users it can also trap ph zek although I’m not sure how many stay in and can become Max Steelspike while Dynamaxed to provide a useful defense boost in a pinch.

Special walls like Zamazenta-C or Poison Heal Snorlax are great teammates for Seismitoad as they help check Special Attackers that threaten it, like Refrigerate Kyurem-White or Choice Specs Lunala. Physical Attackers like Choice Band Galarian Darmanitan-Z or Zeraora also pair nicely with Seismitoad because it checks Zacian-C, who outspeeds and beats both of them. Seismitoad also can serve as a check against Imposter users of these attackers, depending on the coverage moves chosen. Seismitoad's typing gives it one exploitable 4x weakness to Grass attacks, so Imposter users like Wobbuffet are useful teammates to scout for lure sets like Power Whip Zacian-C Zeraora should be more relevant or Solar Blade Darmanitan-Galar-Zen. Seismitoad can Teleport to safetly pivot into teammates like the Choice Band breakers and imposter, and this would connect the sentences that otherwise would seem out of place mentioned above. Mention an improof

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[MAMP, 225453], [username2, userid2]]
QC 2

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
add remove comments
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
A great defensive typing along with Fur Coat helps Seismitoad to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the meta metagame, like Zacian-C, Zekrom, and Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan-Z Darmanitan. A Relaxed nature is used to maximize physical bulk and ensures that Seismitoad is not 2HKOed by attacks like Choice Band Intrepid Sword V-create from Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan-Z Darmanitan after Stealth Rock. Max Speed investment is ideal, despite a negative nature, so that after stealing boosts like Quiver Dance or Shell Smash, Seismitoad outspeeds the base 90 speed tier at +1 and Zacian-C at +2 Despite the nature, maximum Speed investment is ideal so Seismitoad can steal Speed boosts and outspeed base 90 Pokemon at +1 and Zacian-C at +2. Leftovers provide provides passive recovery to keep Seismitoad healthy and avoid potential 2HKOes 2HKOs. Rocky Helmet is an alternative that provides useful chip damage to attackers using contact moves, limiting the number of times they can come in. Earth Power is a spammable STAB move since Ground resists because Ground-resistant Pokemon are not common,(AC) and it notably 2HKOs 2HKOes Melmetal. Spectral Thief steals opponent's foes' stat boosts and keeps Seismitoad from being overpowered by setup attackers like Poison Heal Zekrom. Scald is a secondary STAB move that is also spammable thanks to its high burn chance. Teleport is a great pivot move that allows Seismitoad to gain momentum while the opponent foe switches out. Anchor Shot is an alternative move that traps and removes opposing Imposter users and can become Max Steelspike while Dynamaxed to provide a useful defense Defense boost in a pinch.

Special walls like Zamazenta-C or and Poison Heal Snorlax are great teammates for Seismitoad,(AC) as they help check Special Attackers special attackers that threaten it (RC) like Refrigerate Kyurem-White or Kyurem-W and Choice Specs Lunala. Physical Attackers attackers like Choice Band Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan-Z or Darmanitan and Zeraora also pair nicely with Seismitoad because it checks Zacian-C, who which outspeeds and beats both of them. Seismitoad also can also serve as a check against Imposter users of these attackers, depending on the coverage moves chosen. Seismitoad's typing gives it one an exploitable 4x weakness to Grass-type attacks, so Imposter users like Wobbuffet are useful teammates to scout for lure sets like Power Whip Zeraora or and Solar Blade Darmanitan-Galar-Zen Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan. Seismitoad can use Teleport to safely pivot into teammates like the aforementioned Choice Band wallbreakers mentioned above or and Imposter users. If it's running Anchor Shot, Seismitoad does not need to worry about opposing Imposter users taking advantage of its set and healing up for free.(what is the purpose of these two sentences? are they usage tips? they don't really read like team options, so it's weird to have them in the middle of a whole bunch of team options) If running Teleport,(RC) Teleport lets teammates like Poison Heal Snorlax or Kyurem-White can and Kyurem-W come in on Imposters an Imposter of Seismitoad and gain momentum with a slow pivot or force it out with the threat of powerful attacks.(this sentence also feels oddly placed; it reads like a moves mention rather than a team option, so I don't understand why it is down here)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[MAMP, 225453], [Chessking345, 355040]]

gp 1/1 once done

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I implemented all of this except my comments below. Also, I spoke with Kris and he told me to stick with Galarian Darmanitan-Z, so that's what I'm going to stay with.
(what is the purpose of these two sentences? are they usage tips? they don't really read like team options, so it's weird to have them in the middle of a whole bunch of team options)
It is usage tips as well as team options. The user needs to know that team support is not required for covering imposter when running anchor shot. And they must know that team support is needed if not running a trapping move, since otherwise imposter can come in, heal up for free, and basically do whatever. That's why I mention teammates that can come in and take advantage of the imposter. That's why I worded it how I had it, saying if you run trapping do this and if you run teleport do that.

I feel it needs to be specified that different team support is required depending on the moves you run. So I fixed the grammatical and technical edits you pointed out, but kept my wording of "It it's running Teleport."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)