Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Serperior picked up in usage during cycle 2 of OLT, where it was run for its ability to punish traditional switch ins to its SubSeed set, such as Heatran and Tornadus-T, with Glare. Substitute acts as a safety net for Serperior, allowing it to freely throw off a Glare or to get a +2 Special Attack boost from Leaf Storm. The HP EVs allow Serperior to always get a Substitute up on Rotom-W, which is another Pokemon that gained traction during OLT. Thanks to Contrary Leaf Storm, Serperior is also an amazing balance breaker, able to punish and overwhelm common staples such as Toxapex and Clefable. Thanks to Serperior's ability to bait in and cripple Heatran and Tornadus-T, Pokemon such as Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, and Mega Scizor are good teammates.

Last edited:
I’d explain what the evs do, for fb audience not to fill the comments asking about it, specially since this one is rather short. A replay would also be nice specially since you do mention olt, but I looked all over snake and olt and couldn’t find a good one.

Other than that 1/1 not much else to say, gj

I’d explain what the evs do, for fb audience not to fill the comments asking about it, specially since this one is rather short. A replay would also be nice specially since you do mention olt, but I looked all over snake and olt and couldn’t find a good one.
Just looked at a few replays from people who used Serperior on ladder to qual for OLT, and I couldnt really find any either. If someone else has a good replay of Serperior, feel free to share it.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
add remove comments
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Serperior picked up in usage during cycle 2 of OLT, where it was run for its ability to punish traditional switch ins to its SubSeed set, such as Heatran and Tornadus-T, with Glare. Substitute acts as a safety net for Serperior, allowing it to freely throw off a Glare, (RC) or to get a +2 Special Attack boost from Leaf Storm. The HP EVs allow specifically Serperior to always get a Substitute up on Rotom-W, which is another Pokemon that gained traction during OLT. Thanks to Contrary Leaf Storm, Serperior is also an amazing balance breaker, (AC) able to punish and overwhelm common staples such as Toxapex and Clefable. Thanks to Serperior's ability to bait in, (RC) and cripple Heatran and Tornadus-T, Pokemon such as Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, and Mega Scizor, (RC) are good teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)