SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

Sets with uturn would lose because they are forced to switch out, letting etern eat the leppa berry, and sets with brave bird lose twice the amout of pp because of pressure.
Oh okay that makes sense, in that case I don't think it's a bug then. What you are saying is when you switch out there is a tiny window where you don't have an active pokemon (therefore unnerve is not active), and during that time your opponent can eat a leppa berry. If the unnerve part of As one is still active, just not when switching out, that sounds like intended behavior to me.

Arcanine-Hisui @ Charcoal
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Long Reach
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Seed Bomb
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

This team has been fun and easy to play, just click Brave Bird until you win. Psychic Terrain is definitely a problem for it though.

I wanted to figure out how to make a bulky offense team work but wound up making my most cancerous stall team
https://pokepast.es/6e4644ef202f643e
I'm by no means a top player, but this has treated me pretty well. Scariest matchups are against good ahnielape teams and moxie spam can snowball too fast for it to keep up if you don't make a good game plan. I assume sun is bad (I've yet to run into it with the team), but I just couldn't fit a flash fire Mon. Tera types and EVs aren't set in stone, I just put generally good defensive types and maxed out bulk.
First 4 are a must have on stall, effectively divide all damage you take by 2.7 just for switching in, and all of them bring their own utility.
Altaria is the beating heart of the team, I wanted a big wisher to be able to heal ting lu, but then I realized that if I used rest+ natural cure I could get recovery and become resilient vs status. Altaria combines that while also being a deffoger with instant recovery and access to haze, which is essential to not instantly loose vs boost sweepers.
Glimmora was the last addition, but I've really been liking what it brings to the team. Helps a lot with the hazard game while simultaneously putting everything on a fast ticking timer with tspikes, which are especially important to deal with the goddam ape and help vs Taunt.
Frostmoth has given me the least help thus far, but having it as a potential win condition helps a lot vs other bulky teams, and can punish offensive teams sacking stuff to retain momentum. It's typing is so bad I usually run bug buzz instead of rest but rest can help you get actual defensive use out of it. I gave it speed EVs so it can actually outspeed stuff without needing multiple quiver dances, but giving it more bulk is for the best if you run rest

Houndstone will o wisp is important to get damage on poison immune targets, body press is solid damage and last respects can be a lifesaver in situations where you lose your pokemon before you're ready to
Ting lu is a hazard machine that survives absolutely everything. Running whirlwind can help a lot vs boosters, but ruination and earthquake both help a lot in dealing with taunt. Running spikes on glimmora let's you run all 3, but I still wouldn't do it
Wo-chien my beloved does so much. Leech seed helps pile on the passive damage, knock off disrupts so many strategies and makes this team not instantly lose to boots, and stab foul play saved my ass so many times when something set up moxie/
Chilling neigh/battle bond.

I built a gimmicky Harvest team around our forgotten friend Annihilape. These are the core 4 :
1699553593052.png
Annihilape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Water/Steel
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
-Encore/Protect

The King. The Wincon. The whole team pretty involves getting ole Ape man going. Bulk Up is obviously the setup move of choice. Drain Punch and Rage Fist are the attacking moves and then either Encore or Protect in the last slot. Encore let's you lock your opponent into either a status move to get some free Bulk Ups or into a weak attack to juice up Rage Fist. Tera Water or Steel for a nice defensive typing just in case and Sitrus Berry is the item of choice for some yummy recovery and synergizes with our next friend.
1699553657889.png
Arboliva (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water/Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed/Strength Sap
- Weather Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

The best Harvest mon out of the bunch. Nice normal typing to take ghost attacks aimed at the Almighty . Honestly it's just there to prock harvest and be annoying with Leech Seed until it dies.

1699553624911.pngGroudon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

The Don. With Harvest and a Sitrus Berry you better be looking to OHKO or Knock Off because this mf just sticks around. Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Roar to scare out puny setup sweepers and of course Drought to ensure 5 turns of nutritional berry goodness to aid Your Royal Magesty.

1699553701655.pngCyclizar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

The bike is back! (sort of). Utility monster. Rapid spin to clear away pesky hazards. Knock Off to do Knock Off things. And good ole Shed Tail cause free substitutes am I right....? But no Regenerator you may be thinking. Don't you worry because with the power of the sun and some good citrus, will keep this bike going for miles. Oh and Shed Skin is pretty neat for King Louie up there to shrug off status.

Now a quick run down of some Pokemon I've tried with this core:

1699558034827.png
(Cheek Pouch) - I only like him for dem cheekz. Fast and can Thunder Wave. Plus makes everything harder to kill and brings Cyclizar up to full after a Shed Tail.

1699558406167.png
(Cursed Body) - I like to used the Dual Screens set to help the All Father set up. And all tho gimmicky and situational, Cursed Body is actually annoying af.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1986786404-vboidtbwz9z01zyag9c15hmkru8x1u2pw?p2

1699559028677.png
(Supreme Overlord) - Gives the actual Supreme Overlord.. Supreme Overlord. And it's Kingambit.

1699559148377.png
(Pressure) - I run a scarf on it for some speed control. Plus Pressure gets pretty overwhelming because most mons wont die in one hit.

More Replays-
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1986797998-2tcxyt61oalduve056ziik8xgbsgyehpw (Ape reverse 6-0)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1986794202?p2(vs. Gale Wings)

:sv/gholdengo: :sv/great tusk: :sv/komala: :sv/zoroark:
You guys may be surprised because after some discussion with OM staff, we have decided to bring back ability restrictions to Shared Power.
You can see in the post linked above why these were removed back in Gen 7, but since then SP has changed a lot, the premise is different now and the generational changes we have experienced, as GF clearly focus on signature abilities when designing Pokémon now (like Gholdengo), and that resulted in the ban of many as a side effect (like the Past Paradoxes), and even beyond that there are multiple Pokémon that are now illegal to use because all their abilities are banned (like Sandslash), but by restricting some abilities to not be able to share we will now be able to reintroduce them to the tier, this will work similar to how STABmons handles moves, so some other previously banned abilities may also become legal again, but restricted to only the Pokémon that can use them in standard play.
The council will be discussing the abilities that will become restricted, so expect another announcement soon, in the meantime, answer this survey:
https://forms.gle/vKLHrn6kpoFk5Eba7
Love this idea NGL. I feel like it would help liven up the meta a bit, as you could encourage a new team archetype around boosting the Restricted ability mon as much as feasible.

As for what I'd like to see brought back (even if restricted).

Contrary: Your only options are Lurantis and Enamorus-Incarnate... I don't think it takes a village to see who would see more use here, and who would be banned if it turns out to be too much. TBH all it really needs is Pixilate for reliable Fairy STAB and your set, otherwise just build your team as you would (like Long Reach, Tough Claws, etc.)

Good as Gold: Funny Surfer Bro goes Cha-ching! But in all seriousness, with how prevalent Ice Scales is for defensive teams, I don't see it being too strong, especially with Ting-Lu also running around to defensively check it, and Chi-Yu to offensively stuff it. Ghold on it's own seems reasonable IMO, and like it would make for a solid counter to Maushold teams (regardless of whether or not they have Corrosion).

Poison Heal: While Gliscor could be a major concern on a FluffScales team. Breloom doesn't strike me as being as big a potential problem with Poison Heal though.

Magnet Pull: Pretty niche TBH. Yes it's trapping, but only against steel types, and even then your only options for it are Magnezone (probably your main user of Mag Pull) Alolan Golem (who TBH would rather run Galvanize to support the team) and PROBOPASS who TBH I don't see being viable even with Mag Pull unbanned.

Unaware: This one I'm kind of on the fence on, on the one hand, it would allow for Dirge to be a solid answer to Stamina spam... but at the same time Dirge would already struggle with the prominent Flash Fire / Well Baked Body, meaning the only mons who would really benefit are ones like Dozo, the Sire twins, and Clef... and with how strong defensively Fluffscales is, do we need to add FluffScales to their repertoire?

now for the BIG one MOLD BREAKER: On one hand, it would be a massive shift to the meta for this thing to be legal (as well as Turboblaze & Teravolt assuming Reshiram & Zekrom come back in the Indigo Disk and are legal in Shared Power), but on the other, would it "ruin" the meta to only allow one mon to use it? This brings me back to my point of the metagame gaining a new archetype of building up the restricted ability mon as much as feasible. Yes, giving KYOGRE access to Mold Breaker is OP and turns it into a "click Water Spout / Origin Pulse (if using No Guard) to win" mon, but can the same be said of Drizzle Basculegion-F? Mold Breaker Ursaluna would also be absurd to deal with, but what about Guts Haxorus? The main ones I see being an issue are Ogerpon-Hearthflame who would be fun AF to use, but also a menace to play against, especially with Drought legal for auto Solar Blades, Sun Boosted Fire-Ivy Cudgels, and full power Synthesis to name just one of the things that would make it bananas. The other being Hawlucha given that it can stack Gale Wings & Rock Head for free Brave Bird spam unless you have a Stamina mon, or become an obnoxious hazard controller with Defog (especially if Ghold comes back for it to counter). Otherwise Basculegion is still slow, and mostly relies on Last Respects, while Haxorus is also kinda slow for this meta game and liable to get bowled over if it can't get going fast enough, while Tink is Tink and just doesn't have the Atk to really make the most out of Mold Breaker IMO. Maybe Veluza could be an issue with Filet Away, but that would require a good amount of team support and using Veluza.

Now for what I think should be restricted:

Shell Armor: Yeah crits are a pain to deal with, but so are unkillable set up walls that force you to either have something to force them back out, or an Unaware mon, and one of those is illegal RN.

Flash Fire / Well Baked Body: They offer some amazing utility, but what makes me want to restrict them is how they essentially turn Fluffy into Fur Coat 2.0, but with a few restrictions (I.E forcing the use of Non-Contact moves / Decidueye to not have your physical attackers invalidated). Restricting Flash Fire & Well Baked Body kind of gives us the best of both worlds, where Fluffy can still do it's job, but physical attackers now just need to bring Fire coverage + coverage for the Flash Fire mon / Dachsbun to deal with it, and their screwed if they don't.

Now with regards to potential unbans"

Chien-Pao: Already discussed this in the thread, but to keep it brief, I think it's a nice way to help check defensive teams a bit, and if it proves too much but you wanna keep it you could just restrict Sword of Ruin to it.

Arceus: Don't really see Grass being overbearing in the slightest. Dark would be a pretty solid special set up sweeper with Chi-Yu and Adaptabilty support. Fighting could also be a solid Body Press spammer, or opt for Tera Ghost Shadow Ball + Fist Plate Judgement sweeping.

Rayquaza: Solid answer to Weather spam, but for the LOVE OF ARCEUS, DO NOT UNBAN THIS THING UNLESS GALEWINGS IS BANNED. I already pointed out the problems with Galewings + Mold Breaker Hawlucha, and while Ray obviously wouldn't get Mold Breaker, I don't think I need to explain the issues that GALEWINGS BOOSTED DRAGON ASCENT would cause.

So yeah, those are my thoughts.

Also I'm salivating at the thought of Zekrom firing off a Guts + E-Terrain + Galvanize + Tera Electric boosted Facade and am now sad that this is not possible at the moment.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I won't close the survey yet, but you can check the answers so far in here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...LhF5EBjX0Yrpa9xyHqJmCu0P7OijRzg/viewanalytics
While plenty of stuff has received support for action or unbans, we will wait until a bit after the restriction meta goes live to vote on those to see if the situation changes, as there will some mayor changes in the meta.
Well is time for the initial changes:

Restricted list:
:farigiraf:Armor Tail
:komala:Comatose
:enamorus:Contrary
:Bruxish:Dazzling
:persian-alola:Fur Coat
:gholdengo:Good as Gold
:azumarill:Huge Power
:zoroark:Illusion
:ditto:Imposter
:clefable:Magic Guard
:haxorus:Mold Breaker
:dragonite:Multiscale
:breloom:Poison Heal
:sableye:Prankster
:walking wake:Protosynthesis
:medicham:Pure Power
:garganacl:Purifying Salt
:tsareena:Queenly Majesty
:slowbro-galar:Quick Draw
:jolteon:Quick Feet
:sandslash:Sand Rush
:numel:Simple
:beartic:Slush Rush
:spidops:Stakeout
:donphan:Sturdy
:raichu-alola:Surge Surfer
:lokix:Tinted Lens
:skeledirge:Unaware

Multiscale is the only not previously banned ability in this list, is a hit to nerf some bulky structures that have been quite popular lately, but if the other changes improve the situation then it may be unrestricted soon enough.

Unbans:
:basculegion:Basculegion
:gholdengo:Gholdengo
:komala:Komala
:persian-alola:Persian-Alola
:numel:Numel
:raichu-alola:Raichu-Alola
:slowbro-galar:Slowbro-Galar

:hatterene:Magic Bounce
Magic Bounce may be more balanced now that Samu-H and Kleavor exists, on top of the Mold Breaker mons joining the tier, so it should be worth a chance on this experimental phase.

New Bans:
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
As the strongest of the past paradoxes and after what we learned from before the proto ban, we decided to keep this one banned for now, as it is a very effective abuser of Proto itself.

:ogerpon-hearthflame:Ogerpon-Hearthflame
As we are unsure of how balanced Mold Breaker will be, on top of this thing gaining +1 on tera, the better is to not let it join the meta for now, at least while thing settle, as it seem like a quite extreme wall breaker.

:houndstone:Last Respects
It has received a lot of support for action in the survey and should be the less affected by the changes, so we are doing this one now instead of later with the other stuff asked in the survey.

:eternatus:Leppa Berry
This was enabling endless battles, specially in mirrors, and while counterplay to PP stall existed, it wasn't that easy to fit as it depended on the abilities chosed by the user and their dedicated endgame wall, and with the likes of Prankster Recycle Klefki and Magic Bounce coming back it would only get better. Leppa Berry didn't really have any place in the tier beyond these degenerate strategies with either Harvest or Cud Chew, so hitting it just removes an uncompetitive playstyle.

No, I don't know when all this would go live.

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Unbans:
:basculegion:Basculegion
:gholdengo:Gholdengo
:komala:Komala
:persian-alola:Persian-Alola
:numel:Numel
:raichu:Raichu-Alola
:slowbro-galar:Slowbro-Galar

Magic Bounce may be more balanced now that Samu-H and Kleavor exists, on top of the Mold Breaker mons joining the tier, so it should be worth a chance on this experimental phase.
Isn't policy to ban the Pokemon with the ability and not the Ability itself? Why are pokes like Komala getting unbanned when it's the only thing with Comatose?

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Isn't policy to ban the Pokemon with the ability and not the Ability itself? Why are pokes like Komala getting unbanned when it's the only thing with Comatose?
I already answered you in the OM room, but oh well, here is the complete answer.
First, what I said before:
:sv/gholdengo: :sv/great tusk: :sv/komala: :sv/zoroark:
You guys may be surprised because after some discussion with OM staff, we have decided to bring back ability restrictions to Shared Power.
You can see in the post linked above why these were removed back in Gen 7, but since then SP has changed a lot, the premise is different now and the generational changes we have experienced, as GF clearly focus on signature abilities when designing Pokémon now (like Gholdengo), and that resulted in the ban of many as a side effect (like the Past Paradoxes), and even beyond that there are multiple Pokémon that are now illegal to use because all their abilities are banned (like Sandslash), but by restricting some abilities to not be able to share we will now be able to reintroduce them to the tier, this will work similar to how STABmons handles moves, so some other previously banned abilities may also become legal again, but restricted to only the Pokémon that can use them in standard play.
We use the same precedent as STABmons, and abilities will be banned when their native users become a problem, otherwise just restricted, similar to how STABmons has currently Dire Claw, Triple Arrows, Wicked Blow, and some other signature moves restricted.
This prevents a stealth ban list that has a bunch of mons banned because of the lack of any legal ability, like how it was the case with Donphan after Sturdy got banned.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Ok, so now what will be in the watchlist right away:
:Cetitan:Cetitan
:roaring moon:Roaring Moon
:raichu-alola:Raichu-Alola
:zoroark-hisui:Zoroark-Hisui
:gliscor:Gliscor
:dondozo:Dondozo
:skeledirge:Skeledirge
:enamorus:Enamorus
:magearna:Magearna
:kingambit:Kingambit

And the following abilities:
:haxorus:Mold Breaker
:klefki:Pranksters
:Talonflame:Gale Wings
:frosmoth:Ice Scales
:indeedee:Psychic Surge
:yanmega:Tinted Lens
While the list is long, the plan is to keep the ban list small, but those elements are the priority for now, this is a big change for the tier so what will happen is quite hard to predict.

Got to the top of the ladder with this psychic terrain special offense featuring mewtwo.

https://pokepast.es/9aef9076fc9e2d33

Chi-yu provides beads of ruin and can nuke fluffy teams without a fire immunity but doesn't usually end up being the main sweeper.

Mewtwo usually ends up being the final receiver and cleaning up the game, especially if you manage to eliminate all the dark types (and steel types, if they have levitate). If you don't manage that, mewtwo can still win if it hits focus blasts. You can sack the whole team against a particularly tough to break wall to chip it into range to let mewtwo get a boost off of it with grim neigh and that's usually enough to end the game. Unnerve completely shuts down berry teams unless you switch in front of them. Tera dark boosts dark pulse but is mostly to survive a hit from an opposing spectrier, since if the spectrier is scarfed or has a quark drive boost the only other out is winning a speed tie. Also provides a stored power immunity in emergencies.

Landorus provides the team with sheer force and can be a big threat itself if the team lacks a ground immunity ability. Also useful for removing dark types for mewtwo with focus blast while the stakes of missing are lower. Also sets stealth rocks.

Indeedee provides psychic terrain, some speed control with scarf and healing wish support, although a lot of the time the wish is just used for pivoting + gaining a supreme overlord boost and doesn't get used.

Kingambit is here despite not benefitting from most of the team's abilities (only notable benefits are boosting iron head with sheer force or unnerve in berry team matchups) mostly to provide the team with supreme overlord but also because it can destroy teams that have a ton of preparation for special attackers and rely solely on stamina or dauntless shield for physical attackers by coming in on a passive mon and setting up. Healing wish into kingambit is very valuable in these matchups, plus tera ghost to stuff body pressers that are common on those teams. It can also switch in on, outspeed and one shot opposing kingambits.

Spectrier ends up cleaning games in most of the instances mewtwo doesn't, so long as any immunities or major resists for the move it clicks are out of the way. Scarfed to have nearly perfect speed control. I prefer tera fighting on this, but it is tera fairy because people are running scarf dragapult, which can otherwise destroy the whole team aside kingambit who ends up getting worn down in these matchups.

Only bad matchups I saw were stall teams with all of frosmoth, ting-lu, blissey, and zamazenta crowned where the only real way to break through is to set up kingambit (who the zamazenta can potentially trade with if you make a mistake) or get lucky with mewtwo, and certain gale wings teams with a lot of priority tailwind and a sweeper that does not use flying moves, which is probably impossible to beat if the opponent plays well (the team I saw was using a banded hisuian arcanine for this, and the team's only fire resist is chi-yu who I imagine dies anyways). The blissey teams can get eradicated by a variant of this team where dark pulse is switched out for psystrike, though notably it doesn't go through ice scales so you'd be putting it on just for blissey which isn't that common.

Team feels very strong, any other matchup I lost a game in felt like it was due to piloting issues.

Important question... Do Fur Coat and Fluffy stack? Because while I think Fluffy is in a healthy spot, I'm not so sure I want to think of the defensive bulk of Fluffy+Fur Coat+Stamina+Vessel of Ruin.

Also, what about Regenerator, is it going to get restricted? Or is Harvest-Cheek Pouch-Drought-Regenerator too much for the meta to handle?

On another note, I'm glad to see restricted abilities becoming a thing. As someone else said, it creates a whole new category of archetypes designed around creating a sweeper with the restricted ability, and I'm looking forward to the increased meta diversity that comes from that.

Lastly, I've really been enjoying this OM, enough to finally make an account and not just lurk, so hello Smogon! Kudos to whoever created the idea behind this, I've been seriously enjoying this metagame. (Except for Leppa-Harvest Stall strategies, I'm very happy to see those go)

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Important question... Do Fur Coat and Fluffy stack? Because while I think Fluffy is in a healthy spot, I'm not so sure I want to think of the defensive bulk of Fluffy+Fur Coat+Stamina+Vessel of Ruin.
Well, Fur Coat is going to be restricted to Persian-Alola, and while it can take hits, it doesn't really do much else other than clicking Foul Play and Thunder Wave, I don't expect it to have a big impact in the format.

Also, what about Regenerator, is it going to get restricted? Or is Harvest-Cheek Pouch-Drought-Regenerator too much for the meta to handle?
Regen going from banned to restricted could happen one day, but for the time being I don't want it in the tier, maybe later when things are more stable or with a possible tier reset next month with DLC2.

On another note, I'm glad to see restricted abilities becoming a thing. As someone else said, it creates a whole new category of archetypes designed around creating a sweeper with the restricted ability, and I'm looking forward to the increased meta diversity that comes from that.

Lastly, I've really been enjoying this OM, enough to finally make an account and not just lurk, so hello Smogon! Kudos to whoever created the idea behind this, I've been seriously enjoying this metagame. (Except for Leppa-Harvest Stall strategies, I'm very happy to see those go)
Thats nice.

https://pokepast.es/26f6a524867504e4
I reached #4 on the ladder as of this post using this team.
The specific speed EVs on Zamazenta-C are designed to outspeed a Quark Drive Iron Bundle, the fastest Pokemon in the current meta. One thing this team really struggles with is speed control, which is prevalent when facing fast special attackers, especially scarfed Spectrier. Otherwise, this team can easily beat most teams as well as stall with a primary focus on Urshifu as the wallbreaker

Honestly the more I play this meta the more I feel ice scales is a blight. Fluffy at the very least has counterplay with fire moves/long reach. Ice scales just makes your team take half damage to special attacks, no counter play, no nothing. Mold breaker is coming back restricted but basculegion-f is the only special mold breaker mon so I doubt it will have much impact and I cant imagine the survey was very favorable to it. Kinda absurd that one moth brings the same effective value as 3 offensive abilities combined.

Also I think fire ogerpon could be good for the meta as a very strong answer to fully defensive stack teams while completely struggling vs offense because (by the meta's standards) its slow and frail and cant hold an item though i agree i can see a world where it completely invalidates defensive teams.

https://pokepast.es/1d72e6a47385c173

Since the meta is about to shift again, I thought I'd give a team report on one I've used to get rank 1 a few times the past week. Thoughts:

Scizor: A great pivot that I am going to hate to see go. It provides a very useful niche for the team allowing pivots between mons and was the main answer for Iron Valliant. The tera dragon was because Ogerpon-Water gives the team some trouble if it sets up a swords dance.

Lycanroc-Midnight+Lilligant: Did you know Lycanroc-Midnight is the only No Guard user in the game? How much longer do we have to wait until Doublade comes back. Hustle + No Guard is a classic pairing that boost physical moves by 50%, except it actually increases it more because it lets you run inaccurate moves with higher base power. I go back and forth between Axe Kick and Close Combat.
A common play against set-up mons would be to switch/pivot into Lilligant on a set-up move, encore and switch into Lycanroc to roar out the threat. Otherwise, Lilligant is your mid-game attacker and Lycanroc is commonly your death fodder/scout for other potential scarf users.

Kingambit: This pokemon in my opinion is overpowered. I used to run 44 speed to tank attacks while still outspeeding 0 neutral speed crawdaunt, but have since started running max speed due to the better matchup against stall. Most important thing this does is set up your late game sweeps through it's ability for another mon, or also possibly take advantage of trick room from Calyrex.

Basculin-White: This is just Basculegion. Just Basculegion. No difference between the two. One in every 15 games you will win with Last Respects but usually the aqua jet is nice to take out any speedy threats (this is the main win con against Gale Wings).

Calyrex-Ice: This was the last addition to the team. Calyrex sets up trick room and sweeps through frail fast teams. Tera Water helps against sun based teams, although those have fallen off since the Proto ban. Icicle Spear is for taking out those pesky Focus Sash's that limit your trick room turns. I'm not 100% on Close Combat, I feel High Horsepower could help against Steel types better without leaving you vulnerable to priority but haven't committed one way or the other.

Also just real fast, have confirmed that "As One" is glitched. Here's proof that Chilling Neigh is passed to other team members but the unnerve ability is not: https://imgur.com/a/pclhfe4

Honestly the more I play this meta the more I feel ice scales is a blight. Fluffy at the very least has counterplay with fire moves/long reach. Ice scales just makes your team take half damage to special attacks, no counter play, no nothing. Mold breaker is coming back restricted but basculegion-f is the only special mold breaker mon so I doubt it will have much impact and I cant imagine the survey was very favorable to it. Kinda absurd that one moth brings the same effective value as 3 offensive abilities combined.

Also I think fire ogerpon could be good for the meta as a very strong answer to fully defensive stack teams while completely struggling vs offense because (by the meta's standards) its slow and frail and cant hold an item though i agree i can see a world where it completely invalidates defensive teams.
gonna echo this. i've been playing a lot since the start of the month and ice scales is obnoxious at best and super unhealthy at worst, especially when combined with stamina and a stored power sweeper (i'm mostly talking about magearna but am just mentioning stored power for the sake of being more general). i feel like at least one (but ideally all four) of those things should be looked at with great intensity.

gambit also needs to be looked at, as stated above. ofc look at supreme overlord too, but i have a hunch that gambit might still be a little too much for the meta even if supreme overlord is banned between its crazy bulk + abuse of tera + big damage potential. my favorite team (which i don't even think is all that good!) is just type immunity spam with gambit + hammurott + houndstone to guarantee setup opportunities and nuke things into the stratosphere with kowtow. i've won so many games with gambit with just 2, 1, or even 0 team members dead because he just hits so damn hard already, and it's because gambit's nutso abuse of tera when combined with plenty of immunities + fluffy allows for so many swords dance opportunities.

Well before the impending chaos that is ability-restrict Shared Power goes live, I would like to mini RMT a fairly consistent team that I built and grinded to Rank 1 and a decent GXE (~75%) with. It was a time-consuming journey as well with the amount of fluffy stall, berry stall, and Eternity stall I found scattered among farming hyper offense and:magearna:teams.

The Archetype
Before I discuss the team, I would like to first describe the archetype of team this is. Shared Power is inherently a polarized metagame, where the more consistent strategies usually skew towards either Hyper Offense or Hard Stall. However, similar to the:magearna:teams flooding the ladder, an archetype unique to Shared Power I call setup balance takes advantage of the defensive utility of stacked abilities to increase the dedicated wincon(s) potency. I chose to build a setup balance around Zamazenta-Crowned.

The Team
:mudsdale::ting-lu::espathra::Blissey::Giratina-Origin::Zamazenta-Crowned:

I knew I wanted a fairly consistent team, and I figured few setup wincons had the combination of speed, defensive utility, and power that :zamazenta-crowned:possessed. Therefore, I went to work around how to best enable Zama-C to succeed amidst SP's chaotic landscape.

Since :zamazenta-crowned: makes the absolute best of the IronPress combo, having an instant Def boost and STAB, I wanted to make it as reliable as possible, so I first sought :blissey: and :mudsdale: for their respective abilities allowing Zama-C to stay healthy with Rest and potentially snowball multiple times throughout a game. Both abilities also synergize well with other members of bulky teams, allowing them to shrug off repeated physical hits and passive damage.

Then, to aid the matchup against special attackers and other setup sweepers (especially:magearna:), I added:Ting-Lu: and:Espathra:.
Finally, to limit the one primary defensive counter to IronPress,:houndstone:'s Fluffy, I decided to add Long Reach:decidueye: to the team.

After some testing and a run to 1500, I noticed that:pincurchin: + Quark Drive teams were giving me a lot of trouble with their speed-boosted hard hitters, not to mention Electric Terrain disrupting my ability to heal with Rest, so I added:giratina-origin: to the team over:Decidueye:. I was initially not keen on losing the specific niche of Defog, Trapping, and Haze that:decidueye:brought to the team, but after a lot more games I can confidently say it was a worthwhile change. Levitate also improves :Zamazenta-Crowned:'s defensive utility and therefore setup opportunities, as well as the entire team's matchup versus hazard stacking builds, allowing me to forgo hazard removal entirely.

The team functions well as a cohesive unit. Usually:zamazenta-crowned: does most of the winning, but:Espathra: and even:Ting-Lu: can serve as additional wincons. I would like to point out that Roar on:mudsdale: and Calm Mind on:giratina-origin:are flexible slots, otherwise the team is as close to optimal as possible right now. Spe investment on :ting-lu:and:giratina-origin:is to phase first in mirrors and allow:giratina-origin:to outspeed Ada:crawdaunt:or max Spe Tera:kingambit:.

Matchup Spread + Gameplan Tips
:eternatus:Eternity
- Take advantage of the passivity of these builds by aiming to position :Zamazenta-Crowned:. If you are patient enough to stall phasing from:dachsbun:, as it cannot self-KO, you may just be able to win by setting up with :zamazenta-crowned: or :espathra:. Without Haze:decidueye:, however, you can lose to Eternity if you are reckless or don't have the time/patience to play to 1K turns (which this team can easily do vs either Corrosion Toxic or Tera Blast variants).
I don't know why I even analyzed this matchup really, as the Eternity build will be unplayable next patch. But this team will be all but unplayable in its current state as well so...
:wo-chien:Hard Stall - Once again, take advantage of the passivity. Unless utilizing Pressure (which can be scary as it limits :zamazenta-crowned:to just 8 Body Presses), you should be able to keep hazards up and wear the opponent down before sweeping with :Zamazenta-crowned:or:espathra:. The worst Hard Stall MU possible is Fluffy + Pressure or trapping + Corrosion, which are still both doable.
:magearna:Magearna - Nearly an automatic win - the ease of this matchup is largely how I got to Rank 1. Keep:magearna:at bay with phazing and hazards and strike with a well-timed :Zamazenta-crowned: or:espathra:.
:Inteleon:Crit - There is no room for Shell Armor on this team, so Crit builds featuring powerful breakers such as:urshifu-rapid-strike:can easily overwhelm it. Well-positioned :Zamazenta-crowned: and :espathra:may squeeze out a win, but it will generally take some misplays from the opponent.
:Toxapex:Crit (Merciless) - Same deal, although these builds' reliance on poison for damage output is far too exploitable by this team.
:pincurchin:Quark Drive - After switching to:giratina-origin:, I have had little issue facing these builds. Tera Poison :ting-lu: and hazards keep:ironvaliant:in check.
:kingambit:Physical Spam - These builds are manhandled by :Zamazenta-crowned:. Tread carefully around:calyrex-ice:with multiple boosting abilities. Fast physical spammers with As One such as :dragapult:can also be troublesome if you play recklessly.
:chi-yu:Special Spam - Well-positioned:Blissey:with the aid of Vessel of Ruin usually has the Stamina to outlast these matchups. Tera Steel:giratina-origin:comes in handy as well. Amps stacked on top of:mewtwo: can defeat you pretty easily if you are not careful.
:Kyogre:Weather Offense - Again VoR Blissey is a crutch. It is wise to Terastalize it this time around, though, and it is possible to get overwhelmed. These teams can hardly deal with :Zamazenta-crowned:.
:maushold: Physical Multi-Hit - Freelo
:greninja: Special Multi-Hit - Again VoR Tera Water Blissey is a crutch.

Overall, the team plays like true Hyper Offense some games, and semi-stall in others, which gives it enough variability not to get boring on a long ladder run. Being able to overpower passive builds and outlast frail offenses simultaneously is what makes this team (and the setup balance archetype in SP) enjoyable and fairly consistent among SP's volatile field of strategy. Happy laddering and see you at the top.

Last edited:
Well, Fur Coat is going to be restricted to Persian-Alola, and while it can take hits, it doesn't really do much else other than clicking Foul Play and Thunder Wave, I don't expect it to have a big impact in the format.
I mean does it really matter if it serves a role thats already served by many? It does something for the most part, which is being an annoying piece of shit to physical attackers and generally attackers

Regen going from banned to restricted could happen one day, but for the time being I don't want it in the tier, maybe later when things are more stable or with a possible tier reset next month with DLC2.

Thats nice.
unbanning protosynthesis would bring people to using electric terrain + drought teams or more heavily physical or special attacking teams which does allow some creativity in the metagame, but banning it does equal banning 8 pokemon, which is far less effective of a decision than banning the specific pokemon that are abusing it that has proto

[first post to the site hope it doesn't look crap]
Since a bunch of people are posting their teams before the shift, here's my Kinda mid HO team that got me to #7 on the ladder before being knocked down 40 places by running into 2 bulky teams and getting the:Trubbish:Beaten out of me.

Lategame Priority/Last Respects
:Perrserker: :Lycanroc-Dusk: :Volcanion: :Kingambit: :Basculin-white-striped: :scizor:

:Perrserker:: Suicide lead. gets up rocks, might get a kill with metal burst, might knock off someone's item, and then dies. Iron head's also surprisingly powerful on this Scottish kitty-kat. Tera steel for damage, but you shouldn't tera this thing

:Lycanroc-Dusk:: Secondary lead; If Perrserker dies killing with metal burst, Lycanroc could set up stealth rocks or get more kills with iit's tough claws-boosted attacks. works wonders against gale wings teams if hazards aren't up, and can sometimes take a hit from them. Tera type could be changed, but this thing typically isn't worth using tera for.

:Volcanion:: Specifically included to counter :Palafin-Hero:, :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:, :Kyogre: and (with tera ghost) :Zamazenta-Crowned:. doesn't do much else, but taunt is nice. It can also 'trap' a fleeing:Basculin-white-striped:, letting you taunt whatever comes in or deal some good damage.

:Kingambit:: Gambit does Gambit things, along with backup rocks. could probably swap rocks for Kowtow. (it also has a point in speed to outspeed opposing uninvested Gambit)

and finally, the win cons of the team:

:Basculin-white-striped:: There's only 3 things that can stop this thing once 4/5 teammates are dead: Priority, Normal types, or a maxed out stamina mon. if those things are out of the way, you've basically won. aqua jet also shuts down gale wings.

:scizor:: while it doesn't deal the same damage as Basculin with a max boosted bullet punch, there is practically nothing in the tier (excluding :Volcanion: and :Heatran:) that can survive a Tera steel bullet punch from this thing without a defense boost or a sash. it also has 136 speed EVs to outpace max speed EV kingambit.
(you could also run Iron plate/life orb + swords dance [over knock off] to break passive stall at the risk of not OHKOing everything you could before.

Gameplan: Lead with :Perrserker:/:Lycanroc-Dusk: , get up rocks and soften up the opponent. Try and get them dead so Supreme overlord is charged a bit. then bring out either:Basculin-white-striped:if it's safe to do (pivot him out asap) or bring out :Kingambit:/:Volcanion: once they are down, move into the endgame by bringing out :scizor: or:Basculin-white-striped:and usually, you can sweep from there. if not, you're kinda dead.

Against Pretty much any Offensive team, this team wins quite comfortably. it outpaces and OHKOs most of the meta, occasionally struggling against a skilled Gale wings spammer but crushes most other offensive archetypes such as rain teams, opposing priority teams, TR calyrex, etc, etc.

However, against Teams like the one above me in the Fourms ('setup balance'), this thing folds up like a piece of paper and dies. I have nothing else to add there's just nothing in this team to beat it with.

All in all, it's just another brick in the wall a relatively simple team but is quite fun to use. Is it the best? No. Could it be better? Yes, probably. Am I proud of it? Maybe???

Anyway see you all after the shift bye

[sorry if I sound stupid or wrote some things wrong, it's my first post to the site and i just wanted to share a team I made]

I feel like more people should be testing potentially new ideas in the format using the challenge code of /challenge gen9sharedpower @@@ +armor tail, +comatose, +fur coat, +good as gold, +huge power, +illusion, +imposter, +magic guard, +mold breaker, +multiscale, +poison heal, +prankster, +protosynthesis, +pure power, +purifying salt, +queenly majesty, +quick draw, +quick feet, +sand rush, +simple, +slush rush, +stakeout, +sturdy, +surge surfer, +tinted lens, +unaware, +basculegion, +gholdengo, +komala, +persian-alola, +numel, +raichu-alola, +slowbro-galar, +magic bounce, -flutter mane, -ogerpon-hearthflame, -move: last respects, -item: leppa berry.
I know this challenge code isn't perfect, as it cannot restrict abilities, but there is currently no option that I know of in Pokemon Showdown to restrict certain abilities.

I already made two teams that could end up being menaces to the ladder.
Jolteon sweeping: https://pokepast.es/aefd73664c9d01f8
Dondozo setup: https://pokepast.es/0c749dfbfd40d0ab

It seems like Marvel Scale isn't getting shared due to some technical issues... The same applies to Flare Boost, it isn't sharing the Defense/SpA boosts with other Pokémon, even tho they are also burned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)