Walrus Shub Walrus Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Long time no see friends! I came back recently to participate in a Survivor game, had much fun, and then noticed that the Walrus pool has dried up. If you don’t know what my music tastes are, know that screaming has gotta be like, really good for me to get into it, and country should be less pop and more ballad if it has a chance. Don’t forget! The rules are made up and the points don’t matter anyways!

If you submit something from ELO, fun., Queen, or Billy Joel expect to be pandercapped, but the cap is relative to the other scores of the category.

Cats
I Sneezed on the Beat and the Beat got Sicker: I don’t actually know where this line is from, rip. I mostly remember it from that vine where the boy sneezes on a beet and then mourns for it as it slowly passes away. Anyways,,, send me a song about someone with some sort of medical affliction. Ranging from a broken heart to a stubbed toe to cancer.

Agoraphobia - Autoheart

Pain - Jimmy Eat World

Music Video = Ew: A song where the MV that the creator put on Youtube has some sort of fuckery, altering the audio from the actual studio release. Please submit the Youtube link, as well as the studio audio whether it’s on Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, or someones Dropbox.

Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

Dance Apocalyptic - Janelle Monae

Goin Up: Give me a song about something with wings or in flight. +1 for creativity, as in if nobody else (including me) submits the same item you do. I’ll only let you know if your exact song is the same

Icarus - Bastille

American Pie - Don McLean

Also Ran: Find a song that only made it to #2 on the charts, but then couldn’t clinch it. I used this link to find songs that worked, and was more concerned with finding songs that actually peaked at #2 than songs I actually like. These songs wouldn’t exactly score a 10, but they’re fun enough, and range in time pretty well.

And When I Die - Blood Sweat and Tears

Photograph - Nickelback

You Don’t Understand A Word I’m Saying: Give me a song in a language you don’t know, or with such fast/garbled lyrics that you can’t comprehend it, or just without any words at all. +1 if it’s a language i also don’t know and not one of my examples, or i can’t understand a single word, no bonus points on instrumentals. Try to find a fully foreign (no english) song or fully unintelligible, but i’ll be forgiving on that end. Subtitles on youtube or translated lyrics are appreciated

Yuve Yuve Yu - The HU (the Official Video seen here qualified for MV=EW)

冬天再去見你 - DSPS

Back Streets Back (Alright): Kevin. Joe. Nick. Frank. Like 10 years ago, music was only for people in America. But then everything changed when the Kpop bands attacked. Only the Jonas Brothers, master of being a conventionally attractive white boy band, could stop them. But when i went off to high school, they vanished. 6 years passed and social media discovered a new single, a pop song called Sucker. Send me a song from a band that went on hiatus for about 5 years before making that new music. The song can be from either end of the hiatus, and as long as the years between studio albums is at least 5 (December 2000 - January 2005 is a sufficiently long hiatus) i’ll allow it. +1 if they went on hiatus for over 10 years.

Sucker - Jonas Brothers

Whatsername - Green Day

Oklahomaaaaaaaaaa: Put on your cowboy hats and find some ass-less chaps, we’re hitting the wild wild west. In the words of famous inventor Heinz Doofenshmirtz, “I asked myself, ”What are the two most liked things on the planet?” The answer? Country Music and Western Music.” Kick ur feet up by the campfire, and sing a song about how the open trail is a life for you, free as the wind, or about how trucks and beer are awesome. I'll be loose with this one, the most important part is that everyone has fun. If your library is entirely exempt of country or western music, go ahead and throw in the most autotuned, techno bs that you think is the antipathy of actual western music.

Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks

Ol Red - Blake Shelton

I’m Totally Joking (Unless You Agree?): Seduce me. Sweep me off my feet. Make me realize that you’re the love of my life. Or just rap about how i look and how loud this club is. Love songs are love songs are love songs.

Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel

Ease My Mind - Hayley Kiyoko

IM GAY BOI: a mandatory staple of shub walruseseses, send me a gay ass song. the artist, the lyrics, or the music video gotta be not straight. bonus points for if i haven't heard the song before (i listen to a lot of gay stuff)

Anna Sun - WALKTHEMOON (band is not straight)

Heart Attack - Chuu (mv is not straight)

Hold Each Other - Great Big World (lyrics is not straight)
"""""deadline"""" to sign up is March the 17th, but i take songs all the time :) reveals will hopefully be consistently on friday nights or saturday afternoons, but we'll see!

I'll be accepting submissions up until 48 hours before each reveal for full points, with a half point loss for every 12 hours thereafter. Remember that some points is always better than no points, and that some of the songs i got from walruses and graded poorly ended up being in my rotation for months thereafter! I really appreciate people bein here and givin me songs :)

Heya we did a reveal on the walrus server which is pretty fun!

Category the First!! Feel broke, feel bad, feel addicted, i gotta feel that stream of Dopamine (by BORNS) babey

Submission from
Blood: "Hitori Bochi" - Pearl Kyoudai (6.3/10)
Man this one really is depressing. Like, i don’t wanna kill myself, but i kinda wanna not listen to this sad ass song again. It doesn’t help that he sounds like an alcoholic at karaoke night drowning his latest breakup away. I’ll give it points for the backing, which is incredibly on brand for the message the song and category are trying to convey, but damn this vocalist sounds like my next door neighbor after crying from dawn to dusk and woke up from his sad coma at 2 AM to cry some more
Submission from
LordQuas “The Ballad of Hamantha” - Jack Stauber (6.7/10)

This sounds vaguely similar to The Scary Jokes (a one person bedroom pop act that i recommend 2 anyone who digs that genre) wherein the backtrack of it goes wherever it wants, has that slightly distorted sound of being from pirated software, and the falsetto during the third act of the song pulls it all together into a cohesive 21st century American ballad. Immediately thereafter the song feels like it becomes,,, not necessarily lost? but meanders around in that 21st century way of not saying anything but talking a whole lot?
Submission from
Aladyyn “8:08” - Laura Stevenson (6.9/10)

Her voice isn’t anything new, the backing reminds me of something that Ireland would think is pop music, honestly this whole song feels like something depressed, alcoholic catholics would think of as “hip and trendy” but i can’t fault it too hard because it still does what it tries to, which is be irish pop.
Submission from
Snype “Pinball Wizard” - The Who (7.2/10)

Headphones required tbh, the surround (stereo?) sound carries the instrumental work on what’s otherwise standard Who song (which is to say, Bad). the twang on the guitar from smacking it around is pleasant, and the memories of this song in Rock Band are part of what helps it stay alive, thank goodness it’s a short song otherwise i might’ve gotten bored w this
Submission from
Robert Alfons “Hives Hives” - Xiu Xiu (7.8/10)

Powerful play, i wouldn’t expect anything else from you alfons. The difference between this guy’s voice not rattling on me, to the other guy sounding like drunk karaoke is mostly the pacing and the backing i suppose? The other one felt so subdued and the lyrics were all about his depression, which i can see, but this one is more from experience i guess? my interactions across the board for stuff like this,,, w/e
Submission from
Myzo “The Size of our Love” - Sleater Kinney (7.9/10)

Dammit myzo im already a militant feminist, why are you trying to send me more SK? This one isn’t exactly their best, and the fact that the song stays in place for so much of it,,, feels like a metaphor for their love? Idk man points for SK, but docked for not being Peak
Submission from
Moose "Down With The Sickness" - Disturbed (8.0/10)

I,,, probably should’ve seen this one coming.. I mean, from all the videos my boss and coworkers have shown me that have this song as the background, the fact that this song has been so popular for so long, there’s just nothing Wrong with it.
Submission from
Heal “The Eye of Night” - Trees of Eternity (8.3/10)

you guys remember Evanesence? that one band that got super popular for a song that wasn’t even that great because they overdubbed it with that guy’s vocals, who wasn’t even part of the fucking band? this is what evanescense actually was about, horror songs with the intent to weigh heavy on your mind and soul, without weighing heavy on your ears. thank u for this one, while this isn’t hitting with me right now, it’s excellent at what it wants to do. not for me, but still crushin it.
Submission from
DLE “Schizophrenia” - Sonic Youth (8.5/10)

Guitar seems really solid honestly, and the low notes on the vocals keep you from going too crazy. This one honestly may have worked for Do You Even Understand What I’m Saying because i really can’t understand what they’re saying. But the lyrics not coming out isn’t important because the song still? gets its point across? idk man this is solid work and i liked it as Art if not as Music
Submission from
apricity “Doctor My Eyes” - Jackson Browne (8.8/10)

Smooth, good pacing, feels nice feels natural. Nothing detracting from the song, solid bongos, and the vocals fit in really well. I’ve never heard anything from this guy before (to my knowledge) but i feel like i could easily get to know him, and he’s approachable as an artist. The kind of song i wouldn’t be upset with finding on the radio, and might play if i don’t know who all is coming over but that i would definitely have guests
Submission from
Ampharos “Sonsick” - San Fermin (9.1/10)

One question every walrus host asks themselves, is whether they want a Hydra category or not. I decided against it, even though this is the Attack of the Clones walrus. But goddamn those horns on this song are so powerful! the vocalist fucking shreds those high notes, not really taking a stop to let the listener recover from one blow after another. powerhouse of a sub ampharos, very glad i bugged you into actually subbing.
Submission from
KoC “Black Lung Hearattack” - Joe Bonamassa (9.4/10)

Not gonna lie the entire feeling of this song gives me the same feeling that “The Wanderers” album did (which is to say desert apocalypse feeling) and with a vocalist that sounds like budget Rascal Flatts and enough turns to keep a listener engaged, this is such a complete song. I find myself worried about giving it too low a score, which keeps pumping the score up. The lack of competition this category may make you give up hope, but there’s 8 categories and as we all know, KoC has problems finishing well ;)
Outro here! Enjoy being Heartbroken (by Fickle Friends) that it's already done, but we're going to reveal again in about a week! You can send me any amount of songs for these cats, and i'll go ahead and show them off and talk about what i liked at the next reveal :) Anticipate MV = EW probably on Wednesday!

Last cat we had some people who Wanna Get Better (by Bleachers) We were gonna do "Club Tropicana" - Wham! but it turns out those crickets are part of the official audio

Submission from
Blood “Tribute” - Tenacious D (5.4/10)

I mean, this fits the category, and there’s Jack Black.
Submission from
KoC “Little Black Submarine” - The Black Keys (6.5/10)

If this were a ballad it’d get more points. If this were a jam session it’d get more points. It jumps across them both though, and doesn’t feel like it completes either of them. I’m just left unfulfilled, like the Black Keys’ careers.
Submission from
Snype “Needing/Getting” - OK Go (6.6/10)

Okay my first listen through this sounds like some sub-muppets tier OK Go song, which is Not where you want to be. Muppets tier is like, the bare minimum for getting on the radio, let alone having me switch away from it. My second listen through tells me that while the lyrics are hitting harder than the Muppets do, and it certainly has all the pieces to be an emotional and powerful song, it just doesn’t have it all together? Even the discord feels off, which is wild since,, that’s what discord is supposed to sound like. Parts of it does right, but a lot of it doesn’t go as right as possible.
Submission from
Robert Alfons “How Much Is The Fish” - Scooter (6.7/10)

This song would totally win EuroVision 1997, if anyone was wondering. But uhhh i didn’t think Scooter was an actual band? And there’s not really anything Good about it nowadays, considering the basic beat, faux-crowd vocals,, etc.
Submission from
Myzo “Triumph of a Heart” - Bjork (6.8/10)

I get what bjork is doing with this whole song, insofar as she’s making a lot of noises that seem like they fit together really well, but this one just doesn’t fly with me that much. I thought after relistens, this would be a better song, but we’re still out here.
Submission from
Ampharos “GIOVANNI” - Jamila Woods (7.5/10)

Excuse my shitty figurative language for a moment. Her voice tries to run the show, but the backing here is like a top tier crew. Sure the voice is the driver of the car, but that machine would’ve broken down after lap 12 with the way she’s driving without such a strong supporting class. And it is a strong supporting class, synth and rhythm section reminding me of other bands i listen to on the regular. I would probably come back to this song after finding nothing else on the other three radio stations, so here we are.
Submission from
LordQuas “Stress” - Justice (7.6/10)

Reading the YT comments on this was a treat, and this type of music is exactly the kind that grates on a lot of people’s nerves for having a very present [motif? theme? Idk what to call it but the trill and the progression] without having really Any vocals, completely screwing over popheads everywhere. Not as powerful a uhhhh piece as some submitted in the past, which keeps it from shining in its own light, but this one has its own slot out there. Also, turns out D.A.N.C.E. also qualified, so you kinda messed up there.
Top 5 and Full Plays: Aladyyn, apricity, DLE, HeaLnDeaL, Moose

Submission from
DLE “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe” - Kendrick Lamar (7.8/10)

He’s got flow and he’s got a message, that’s why he got so famous innit? I struggle to stay here for the whole song fsr, maybe if i had more time to get around this song i would, but here we are.
Submission from
Aladyyn “Party Like Tomorrow Is The End Of The World” - Steel Panther (8/10)

Classic rock song, basic song premise, and nothing special putting it above anything else. I liked it while listening, but i don’t think i’m ever going to seek it out, so here we are. Right on that “don’t bother changing the radio station” score.
Submission from
apricity “Snap Out Of It” - Arctic Monkeys (8.1/10)

A good song held back by being from the Arctic Monkeys. There’s a lot of this song that goes okay and could absolutely go better, but they ultimately don’t go Wrong with any of it. They’re just a band that only knows one song, and tries to put a bunch of different lyrics over the same exact sound every single time. I don’t hate any of their songs, but they’re identical, so if i did i probably wouldn’t even know.
Submission from
Moose “Don’t Copy That Floppy” - SIIA (8.5/10)

I realize this is a meme submission, and you didn’t even submit the Audio as compared to the Official Video, but the strengths of this song overweigh all that. I love how the song super guilt trips these kids, as well as the line “I’m much too strong and you’re much too smart to make this mistake” and then the midpart riff of all those professionals from the era about their passion in that 1990s nerd way. It’s all,,, it’s fun.
Submission from
Heal “Steambreather” - Mastodon (8.8/10)

Nothing about this shreds my ears, but it stays true to itself, in a genre i like to experience, and this feels technically proficient. Also, is that a triangle i hear?
If you weren't there, here are Those Things I Kept (by Sweet John) and would love to show to you next time! hopefully on wednesday at 4 PDT, probably on Saturday whenever i find time.

In a late hour decision, shub revealed the Fly By Night (By Rush) thank you again to everyone who could make it!

Lack of Submission from Snype :(

Submission from
Moose “Double Rainbow Song” (2/10) [rainbow +1]

This is technically music, and rainbows might be things that fly. Thanks for trying, but uhh this one doesn’t quite hit me in any way
Submission from
Aladyyn “Night Of The Swallow” - Kate Bush (6.7/10) [swallow +1]

This genre isn’t exactly where i like to be most of the time, which is to say the end of a 1980s movie where the main character was an asshole the entire show, and now he’s getting his comeuppance in the main love interest either turning him down once again or dying as an indirect result of his actions. There’s some faint scottish undertones again - like they want to revolt against the english for taking away their potatoes - but it’s very faint, like their economy and diet outside of potatoes
Submission from
LordQuas “Eye In The Sky” - The Alan Parsons Project (7.0/10) [stalker? +1]

This is a genre that’s pretty hit or miss, and this one feels like it’s missing. Like, the bones are there like these guys robbed someone’s grave instead of growing the bones themselves, then instead of putting all the guts of the song in there with the order and connections that are Normal, it’s a rushjob of stitching and sutures that anyone who went to Medical Music School would cringe at. Just the eyeball test will say that everything is okay, but i find myself dropping it more and more with each listen.
Submission from
Robert Alfons “In The Flight” - Fishmans (7.6/10) [the singer +0]

This isn’t bad, and it comes together really well for an atmosphere piece. Soft repetitive guitar makes me feel like i’m at the end of a college party movie, and the vocalist knows exactly how high to go without cracking too hard
Submission from
Ampharos “Floating (Time Isn’t On My Side)” - Portugal. The Man (7.7/10) [listener +1]

This reminds me of that meme that says “2012 radio friendly indy pop isn’t bad you guys are just mean” or smth because this is that genre, except it also isn’t as radio friendly or as “bad”. I liked how the official band youtube put all the Oh Oh Ohhhhh s in the lyrics in the description of the video.
Submission from
apricity “Jet Airliner” - Steve Miller (8.1/10) [jet airliner +0]

This sure is a song that someones dad from a 2003 movie would listen to. Good thing i’m essentially a dad from 2003, excluding my crop tops and kpop.
Blood, DLE, Heal, Knights, and Myzo

Submission from
KoC “Aces High” - Iron Maiden (8.3/10) [jets +0]

These kinds of vocals don’t really resonate with me, but the guitar and drums certainly do. The bass isn’t horrible, but certainly not the best out there either. An above average song i’d listen to again, and one that i’d point out to my dad as something he’d probably like
Submission from
DLE “Ahhhh These Chains” - Mid Air Thief (8.4/10) [the sky? +1]

I like whatever guitar like item they’re using for those smooth sounds, and the 1950s idea of a 2010 synthesizer is running away with the show like most of these guys’ songs. Act 5 of the song makes this a guaranteed fullplay, never truly dropping off.
Submission from
myzo “Steep Air” - Sleater-Kinney (8.6/10) [a plane with no wings? Air? +1]

SK does it again, in a move surprising no one. Distortion, unsuppressed-suppressed-anger, and guitar rule
Submission from
Heal “Wing” - Gostwind (9/10) [singer +0]

Not what i expected, but shredding still. She doesn’t have true belts, but tries her best anyways. Violin and flute make me think of many other genres and paths this song could’ve gone but didn’t, but here we are and here we go. All around good showing, thank u again Heal.
Submission from
Blood “Feel So Moon” - Unicorn (9.1/10) [the moon +1]

This has some killer guitar and his voice fits exactly into that one genre of male led JPop/JRock i’ve heard of (which is to say anime music). I dug the progression, and it feels like what Owl City thinks he is. Wholesome, confidence giving music. Worst to first baby

Here's a scoreboard that doesn't have Myzo on it. They're just too good to be really put onto paper, or computer spreadsheet. So know that if you really need to compare yourself to Myzo, you've already failed, and start comparing yourself to how good you could be! (or KoC, who has the same point total for now)

Attachments

Here's that late submission!

Submission from
Snype “Leaving on a Jet Plane” - Peter, Paul, and Mary (8.2/10) [Jet plane]

This is a lil late, but that’s okay! Thank u for the music and at least trying!! I like the softness of the entire song, and all three of the vocalists are off key in complimentary ways, which like, i tried to isolate them during the chourses, but just experiencing all three in tandem is the Best way to go about it. Definitely some of the best that 1967 has to offer.
And here's those songs that couldn't quite dominate the charts!

Submission from
Moose “It’s Everyday Bro” - Jake Paul (2.3/10)

The chart you gave me for this was top 10 worst songs of the year, so was there really any doubt how poorly this would score? The memes that could be made about how bad this is aren’t even good. For some reason i got croatian subtitles on this video, and i would have significantly preferred if he were actually rapping in croatian. The verse in Spanish is absolute ass btw, and that’s a language i actually speak so do me a favor and Don’t do that shit. Find something original pls.
Submission from
Robert Alfons “Trap Queen” - Fetty Wap (5.2/10)

This isn’t a genre i’ve delved that deep into, because every surface deep excursion yields a lot of songs I just don’t like. This one is probably really good for the genre, and resonates with a lot of other people, but uhhhh, not me. Thanks for the attempt, maybe next time I’ll vibe with it.
Submission from
Heal “Jars” - Chevelle (7.0/10)

I’ve never heard this song before, but I’ve heard something like it a bajillion times. He’s not giving me any new emotions, the backing isn’t revolutionary (or even exceptional), vocals are Typical, all around an Average Song that probably belongs right at 2nd place for an off month.
Submission from
LordQuas “Semi-Charmed Life” - Third Eye Blind (7.1/10)

I said maybayyyyyy- wait that isn’t this song. And after aaaaaaaall - still Wonderwall? Shit this song and Wonderwall occupy the same spot in my mind, sorry. Definitely a song i’d play for my friends if they wanted me to play Today’s Latest Hits and i didn’t actually want to, but i’m also never going to play this song on my own accord.
Submission from
Aladyyn “Sweet Escape” - Gwen Stefani (7.6/10)

This was Unironically my jam in elementary school, and a couple of my friends made a music video to this song except set in Alcatraz with Al Capone. Because i’ve viewed this song on youtube i now know that she will be performing multiple shows in Las Vegas this July and October, so uh, thanks?
Submission from
Ampharos “Devil Inside” - INXS (7.7/10)

Wow this is pretty depressing for such a constant beat in the background. The lyrics aren’t complex enough to perform well as a ballad, the backing isn’t subdued enough to be jazzy, and the lyrics aren’t catchy enough to be pop, so you find this song stuck in between each of those categories and not performing well enough to pull any sort of greatness out. Exactly what i thought #2 songs would sound like tbqh
Submission from
Myzo “The Modern Things” - Bjork (7.8/10)

This sure is Bjork. Not Today. Or Today. Okay a little bit today, but I’ve dropped it enough that bringing it back up is uh, idk.
apricity, Blood, DLE, Knights, Snype

Submission from
DLE “Mirrors” - JT (8.1/10)

JT could do many things and he would still have a pack of fans supporting it. This is one of those that wasn’t a homerun, and the radio play absolutely killed it for me, but even after all that, it’s got so much replayability. Kill it Justin.
Submission from
Knights “Hit Em Up Style (Oops)” - Blu Cantrell (8.2/10)

The backing on this is really interesting, and incredibly Early ‘00s, which makes sense if this is from a Debut album in 2001. Her voice isn’t hitting any sort of absurd notes, but she certainly has a lot of confidence, and this is very Radio Friendly.
Submission from
Apricity “Sugar” - Maroon 5 (8.4/10)

A submission that would’ve worked for the MV category as well (The MV is over 5 minutes long, the song is like, 3.5) and this was like, the Last song Maroon 5 put out that I’ll even tolerate. “Songs About Jane” is still their best album, and this is something at least resembling that album. Also this man’s falsetto is like, iconic.
Submission from
Snype “Hollaback Girl” - Gwen Stefani (8.7/10)

This one got redone into a song about the Bubonic Plague, from History for Music Lovers. The horn or w/e they have in there resembling a horn are fun, the stomping, THIS SHIT IS BANANAS B-A-N-A-N-A-S all iconic. Thank u
Submission from
Blood “Sakura Nagashi” - Hikaru Utada (9.6/10)

This was one of the first songs i listened to when retrieving everyone’s submissions, because i saw Hikaru Utada and told myself “well, i need to find out what the upper limits of this walrus are gonna be” so we’re leaving room for there to be a total of Four better songs than this. It probably won’t happen, and if it does, it’ll hopefully be the Gay cat. But yeah, Worst to First baby.
And here's a closer! That Bad Boy (by Red Velvet) keeps getting away, but tune in next week to not understand a single word!

Hey guys here's that category that was finished like, a month ago but never put up because I got busy and yeah.

Here’s a header “Mirror” - YonYon and SIRUP [Japanese, English w/ Accent]

Submission from
Myzo “One More Hour” - SK (5.6/10) [Poor audio]

I mean, you’ll get the point for me being unable to understand a single word they say, but that’s because the audio keeps cutting in and out as compared to any actual lack of understanding. Without the full sound present, this feels a lot less uhh powerful than i’ve come to get from SK, and while this is the Final Show as the yt video says, and that has its own emotions, the music itself is lacking on all fronts.
Submission from
Heal "Eclosion" - Alcest (6.8/10) [French]

This isn’t the move. Sorry dude. Not great guitars and bass, drums feel off, and these vocals can’t exactly carry all that. That being said, these are also better guitars and a better sound than most other songs i get, and I can’t understand a single wor - oh yeah the screaming. Not that good screaming, and the emotion is lost in translation.
Submission from
Blood "Tunak Tunak Tun" - Daler Mehndi (6.9/10) [Punjabi]

Meme song gets meme score. This man’s singing voice is incredible, no lie, just a shame that for a four minute long song, there’s one chorus and one verse.
Submission from
Snype “Language of Love” - Ylvis (6.9/10) [Language of Love]

The meme submit gets the meme score. Like, it’s got good and bad parts as one would expect, but the video kinda makes it, and im not grading just off of that. Musically, the actual language of love is uhh, off putting.
Submission from
Moose “Blue Monday” - Death Grips (6.9/10) [Unintelligible English]

Meme submit gets meme score. Shockingly enough, this is the one that was more enjoyable than the other two musically
Submission from
DLE "Sigur Rόs" - Sæglόpur (7.4/10) [Icelandic]

The voice here is uhhhh good for the mood piece that this song is but ultimately off putting. In total, a shrug piece.
Submission from
Aladyyn “Fjara” - Solstafir (7.5/10) [Icelandic]

Your atmospheric pieces haven’t been doing all that great this walrus, and i don’t quite know how. One of those feelings that can’t be vocalized, only expressed in shrugs and eyebrows. Much like this song, mostly eyebrows, shrugs, and some distorted guitar (which i dig), with a vocalist who wishes he were from somewhere with a population higher than that of some cities in the world.
Top 5: Ampharos, apricity, KoC, Lord Quas, Robert Alfons

Submission from
Robert Alfons "UNA DONNA CHE CONTA" - MYSS KETA (7.6/10) [Italian]

She’s uhhh she could probably kill a man and people would be like, “Yea. Good show.”
Submission from
KoC “Send Me An Angel” - Infected Mushroom (8.5/10) [Hebrew]

Hebrew being an Aramaic language throws me the fuck off because i always forget that like, even though they use a different alphabet, literally all of these sounds that they make feel like they should be in a word that I know. Backing being super 2012 doesn’t hurt or help, just wanted to point out that this is totally dubstep just in a different language.
Submission from
Lord Quas "танцевать" - молчат дома (8.6/10) [Russian]

This sounds exactly like you would expect of something called “Sovietwave” and his voice, while not doing any favors, does kinda add to the atmosphere of the entire experience.
Submission from
apricity “存在" - Wang Feng (9.5/10) [Chinese (Mainland)]

Classic rock song with some very solid vocals, something about this makes me just smile and know things are gonna be okay. Can’t understand a single word, but yet here we are.
Submission from
Ampharos “Midway” - Elephant Gym (9.7/10) [Chinese (Taiwan)]

I uhhh saw these guys live in concert back in March, and it was one of the best experiences i’ve had in quite some time. I tried to send you my phone video of this exact fucking song when i went through your submissions, but because my camera takes a Massive amount of data when recording, it didn’t work out. Vocals here aren’t quite on the same level as Hikaru Utada, but she’s going AT the bass while doing it, so i give them more credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)