Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
How do I go about asking if I can make a thread for Dragalge in OU? I think its viable enough for me to want to showcase it as a Dragalge stan.
You can no longer make Pokémon threads in the forum as they have all been competed.

There was a list of new Pokémon added and relevant returning Pokémon. Dragalge, was not one of them, so even if the thread was still open, you would not be able to do so. You can see all of it here

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
How many HP EVs should I put into a Pokemon with both Leftovers and Substitute if I want the most HP that's still useful? Doesn't it change based on the parity of the HP and the base HP of the 'mon?

Milo

I'm Your Man
How many HP EVs should I put into a Pokemon with both Leftovers and Substitute if I want the most HP that's still useful? Doesn't it change based on the parity of the HP and the base HP of the 'mon?
Leftovers are irrelevant in regards to working out substitute, considering that its based on percentage. To ensure the most amount of substitutes possible, your HP stat needs to be even.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Leftovers are irrelevant in regards to working out substitute, considering that its based on percentage. To ensure the most amount of substitutes possible, your HP stat needs to be even.
What about Stealth Rock, does that contribute at all? I read in an article that it should preferably be NOT divisible by 8, is that correct?

Milo

I'm Your Man
What about Stealth Rock, does that contribute at all? I read in an article that it should preferably be NOT divisible by 8, is that correct?
That's true, you don't want it to be divisible by 8 (maths innit), but stealth rock is going to be vary because of type resistances,

The rule of thumb I believe is be divisible by 4 for Substitutes, but go 1 over a number divisible by your Stealth Rock weakness (i.e. neutral is 1/8th, so go for a Multiple of 8, then +1 to that like 81 for example) if you sit at one of those already.

So aim for a multiple of 4 that doesn't divide evenly by whatever your SR number is, if you don't need the HP somewhere to, say, survive a certain attack

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
The rule of thumb I believe is be divisible by 4 for Substitutes, but go 1 over a number divisible by your Stealth Rock weakness (i.e. neutral is 1/8th, so go for a Multiple of 8, then +1 to that like 81 for example)
The Pokemon I have in mind is Dragonite with a 1/4 weakness to Rocks- so that isn't possible, I don't think; It can't be both divisible by 4 and 1 higher than divisible by 4. Which do I choose?

The Pokemon I have in mind is Dragonite with a 1/4 weakness to Rocks- so that isn't possible, I don't think; It can't be both divisible by 4 and 1 higher than divisible by 4. Which do I choose?
Well Dragonite in particular I think wants to avoid SR damage entirely because of Multiscale. Not sure he runs Substitute but in that case I'd go for avoiding a SR number if not using HDB.

Honestly this is extremely specific min-maxing that shouldn't supercede just getting your bulk and EV spread to relevant thresholds elsewhere.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Well Dragonite in particular I think wants to avoid SR damage entirely because of Multiscale. Not sure he runs Substitute but in that case I'd go for avoiding a SR number if not using HDB.

Honestly this is extremely specific min-maxing that shouldn't supercede just getting your bulk and EV spread to relevant thresholds elsewhere.
Yeah, figured. I'm just anal about minmaxing teambuilding- it's so easy to get an objective advantage and I'm not keen on missing out on it.

I'm starting to think this isn't a simple question with a simple answer, hmm...

Yeah, figured. I'm just anal about minmaxing teambuilding- it's so easy to get an objective advantage and I'm not keen on missing out on it.

I'm starting to think this isn't a simple question with a simple answer, hmm...
that is a very unfortunate typo for banal

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball / Tera Blast
- Torch Song
- Slack Off

I'm certain there are better sets, but something like this could work fine. Speed is to creep Corviknight and bulky Breloom. I don't think its the best set, I'd rather use this one, but its more defensive.

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex / Earth Power
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Highly prefer Earth Power over Hex for Garganacl, but Hex is standard. I've seen Shadow Ball too but Hex seems better.

What are some good cores with ceuledge? I want to build with it (specifically the bulk up taunt set with tera fairy) but my team building experience is very small in this gen and I don't know which mons work well with it

Hey all, not sure if there's a better place to bring this up; the sample sets for Gen9 OU Azumarill in the teambuilder (when you go to import/export) on Showdown have 0 IVs in attack when they shouldn't.

Edit: Looks like it was fixed for Azu

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)