OU Slowbro (Pivot)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Despite the dominance of offensive Pokemon such as Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko, Slowbro is one of OU's most effective pivots, being able to check top threats such as Zygarde, Mega Medicham, and most Protean Greninja. Slowbro's distinct defensive typing and offensive presence allows it to separate itself from Toxapex as a bulky Water-type pivot with Regenerator, as Toxapex cannot check many of the aforementioned threats. Ice Beam allows Slowbro to effectively check Zygarde and Garchomp as well as have a move to hit other Dragon-types such as Mega Latios and Mega Latias as they switch into Slowbro. Toxic can be used to cripple staunch defensive pivots such as Tornadus-T and Mega Latias as well as putting a timer on offensive threats such as Mega Alakazam and Greninja. Slowbro appreciates complementary defensive Pokemon that cover up its defensive weaknesses such as Celesteela and Gliscor and Pokemon to pivot into Toxic, which severely cripples Slowbro, such as Celesteela, Heatran, and Ferrothorn.

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey so I really like this, and it's really solid. But the descriptions for spotlights are restricted to roughly 1000 characters and yours is at 1541, so I'm just going to be looking for some less important/fluff to cut. mostly comes down to some generalities like:

Ice Beam is a solid coverage move that allows Slowbro to do heavy damage to dragons, most notably allowing it to effectively check Zygarde
You can cut the note about hitting dragons heavily and just focus on threats in the meta. This is similar to a few other situations like saying "obviously spammable" could just cut down on some fluff throughout. Basically removing unessential information that more explains a mechanic and less how it works in the actual meta.

We've discussed this more on discord so I've got faith you'll get this straightened out correctly and shortened up.

1/1 (either pm me on discord/tag me here after so I can take a quick glance when you finish).

Edit: this is good content wise, ready for GP

Last edited:
Despite the dominance of offensive Pokemon such as Ash Greninja and Tapu Koko, Slowbro is one of OU's most effective pivots, being able to check many top threats such as Zygarde, Mega Medicham, and Protean Greninja.
I'd say "most Protean Greninja" or something like "Protean Greninja lacking Dark Pulse", because FB audience will probably not understand that Protean Greninja doesn't run Dark Pulse very often.

This is good content wise.

2/1

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Despite the dominance of offensive Pokemon such as Ash-(AH)Greninja and Tapu Koko, Slowbro is one of OU's most effective pivots, being able to check many top threats such as Zygarde, Mega Medicham, and most Protean Greninja. Scald is a spammable STAB move that makes offensive threats, such as Tapu Bulu, wary of switching in due to being crippled by Burn, Ice Beam allows Slowbro to effectively check Zygarde, Toxic can be used to cripple staunch defensive pivots such as Tornadus-T and Mega Latias as well as putting a timer on offensive threats such as Mega Alakazam and Greninja, and Slack Off allows Slowbro to remain healthy throughout the match so that it's a more effective pivot and doesn't become over-reliant on Regenerator. Slowbro appreciates complementary defensive Pokemon that cover up its defensive weaknesses such as Celesteela and Gliscor and Pokemon to pivot into Toxic, which severely cripples Slowbro, such as Celesteela, Heatran, and Ferrothorn.

scald description isnt necessary, most fb audience people will know what scald does. the other moves are a bit less self explanatory but theyre still not entirely necessary, but i didnt want to cut too much out because then theres no info. the only move that really warrants explanation is ice beam, bc thats not something you really think of on your own. id suggest elaborating more on the first sentence (how does it check those mons, what is it good for) rather than explaining moves
so this isnt gp 1/1 yet, id like to look at it after your changes, but your writing is good

edit stamped thos on discord so its good to go

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)