Old Gens SM Serperior [QC 1/1] [GP 1/1]

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
:sm/serperior:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Glare

Serperior has slithered its way up into the upper echelons of the SM OU metagame recently. The nifty combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm, which allows Serperior to attack and boost its Special Attack simultaneously, makes it a great cleaner on offensive teams. The remaining moves on this set are useful tools for Serperior to deal with foes that can come in on Leaf Storm; the combination of Substitute and Leech Seed allows it to wear down Pokemon like Heatran, Celesteela, and Chansey, while Glare cripples faster Pokemon like Tornadus-T. Hidden Power Fire is an option over either Leech Seed or Glare to directly hit many of the Pokemon that resist Leaf Storm, such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. Alternatively, Magnezone can eliminate these Steel-types by trapping them with Magnet Pull, making it an excellent partner. Offensive Pokemon like Tornadus-T, Mega Mawile, and Mega Alakazam make for good teammates as well, since they can wear down shared checks like Heatran and Ferrothorn and appreciate Serperior crippling foes with Glare.

Last edited:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Glare

The nifty combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm, which allows Serperior to attack and boost its Special Attack simultaneously, makes it a great cleaner on offensive teams. Leech Seed allows Serperior to drain the HP of various switch-ins, such as Heatran, Celesteela, and Chansey, and wear them down in tandem with Substitute. Glare aids this process, as it allows Serperior to cripple faster Pokemon like Tornadus-T and grants it free turns to set up a Substitute. Hidden Power Fire is an option over either Leech Seed or Glare to directly hit Pokemon that resist Leaf Storm, such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. It's worth noting that Serperior can be used as Defog deterrent, as it raises its evasiveness due to Contrary, so it fits well on teams that rely on entry hazards like Sticky Web to perform well. I don't think that this is particularly necessary for a spotlight; I'd rather you use the allocated space for mentioning zone support instead since that's mandatory w/ this serp set Offensive Pokemon like Ash-Greninja, Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, and Kommo-o make for good teammates, as they appreciate Serperior crippling foes with Glare and in return can threaten Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn. I'd rather this focus on wearing down shared checks since those are realistically way better partners anyways; replace gren / medi / kommo-o with stuff like zammer / torn.

While I normally don't like including stuff like this, If you could potentially make the space to mention that serp's made a huge resurgence lately that would be really solid.

Great work as always! QC 1/1

curiosity-QC-Jotaro.gif

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
all of the changes i've made are fairly optional, good work!
add remove (comments)
Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Glare

Serperior has slithered its way up into the upper echelons of the SM OU metagame recently. The nifty combination of Contrary and Leaf Storm, which allows Serperior to attack and boost its Special Attack simultaneously, makes it a great cleaner on offensive teams. The remaining moves on this set are useful tools for Serperior to deal with foes that can come in on Leaf Storm, (RC) as; (ASC) the combination of Substitute and Leech Seed allows it to wear down Pokemon like Heatran, Celesteela, and Chansey, while Glare cripples faster Pokemon like Tornadus-T. Hidden Power Fire is an option over either Leech Seed or Glare to directly hit many of the Pokemon that resist Leaf Storm, such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. Alternatively, Magnezone can eliminate these Steel-types by trapping them with Magnet Pull, making it an excellent partner. Offensive Pokemon like Tornadus-T, Mega Mawile, and Mega Alakazam make for good teammates as well, as since (lessens repetition) they can wear down shared checks like Heatran and Ferrothorn and appreciate Serperior crippling foes with Glare.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
no stamp cuz i'm at school so here's the next best thing
:boatogostandode:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)