Unfezant @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash

There are only a handful of mons that it doesn't 2hko before even considering it's 1/8 critical hits, namely Golems, Probopass, Crustle, Avalugg and Shuckle (probably a couple others too). It can run Adamant since it still out speeds base 80s. The most notable things it misses out speeding are Chatot, Rotom-Fan and Mr. Mime, Pinsir, and Monferno. If I ran Jolly all of those would become guaranteed 1hkos after stealth rock damage, and some even without, but either way with proper prediction my team has a switch in for basically any of those, but I'll get to those later. It has U-Turn to keep momentum, and with Super Luck, Night Slash is a 50% crit, making it a decent answer to bulky ghost types in the meta. Of course all of its other moves are 1/8 crits, which can come in clutch at times. It's flying typing gives it switch ins on predicted ground type moves, especially those aimed at Electivire. Normal typing gives it a few more on the rare ghost type moves, but since ghost type attacks are among the only moves my defensive core does not resist, it's a nice immunity to have. Return is the main STAB move and deals massive damage, Quick Attack and score kos on very weak opponents (roughly 35% or lower for a good portion of the metagame) as well as offer one last chance to do damage in desperate situations. U-turn is U-turn, provides momentum while dealing damage.

:sm/electivire:
Electivire @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

It makes an excellent partner to Unfezant since it get's a speed boost from the electric moves that Unfezant fears, and they can Volt Switch/U-Turn out into each other or other teammates based on the situation. A fairly standard set, excellent type coverage coming off of solid attacking stats. It has trouble finding switch ins to moves that aren't electric type, but since there are two electric weaknesses on my team, those hits come out fairly often. Electric is also one of the only weaknesses on my defensive core that isn't resisted by my other defensive Pokémon. Makes a good partner to Unfezant as mentioned above, but also takes electric hits for Poliwrath. Flamethrower is particularly helpful for Avalugg and is the best option for mons like Bronzor. Earthquake is a powerful move to help with the opposing electric types that I use Electivire to check. Ice punch is most often used to nail grass and ground type switches.

:sm/camerupt:
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Electric]

A powerful special attacker to help my team break through the physical walls that can otherwise hamper Unfezant and Electivire. Fire Blast and Earth Power are stab, and with HP Electric have unresisted coverage. Flash Cannon is somewhat of filler, but can be the best option in specific circumstances and does give a super effective hit against Fairy types. Camerupt acts as a second switch in for electric types, and isn't weak against most of their common coverage moves. Solid Rock helps Camerupt survive not water type super effective hits. Camerupts typing also encourages opponents to use a water type attacks, which Poliwrath can use to heal itself.

:sm/bronzor:
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rest

A pretty standard set. Stealth Rock helps secure KOs for the offensive mons, psywave gives some damage output, Toxic can help to wear down bulkier mons, Rest can get Bronzor healthy in a hurry to absorb more hits. It's immunities allow for another switch in for ground type attacks, and any Poison attacks. With Poliwrath, there are only 3 types which aren't resisted by this defensive core. Those being Fighting, Electric, and Ghost. The team has immunities to both electric and Ghost in other Pokémon on the team. Bronzor takes Grass, Flying, Fairy, and Psychic hits well for Poliwrath.

:sm/shiftry:
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Shiftry's main jobs are to clear away hazards and remove items, especially eviolite. Defog and knock off are the moves for those jobs respectively. Sucker Punch is excellent priority to help revenge kill, while Leaf Storm is a powerful STAB move. Electivire appreciates the removal of Sticky Web, and Unfezant appreciates the removal of Stealth Rock. An extra resistance to Psychic, Grass, and Electric are appreciated by Poliwrath, but Shiftry obviously doesn't want to be switching in on too many hits.

:sm/poliwrath:
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Great type synergy with Bronzor as mentioned before. Rest helps keep Poliwrath healthy, while Sleep Talk let's it be useful while sleeping. They also let Poliwrath act as a status absorber. Circle Throw can get chip damage on whatever is trying to switch in on Poliwrath, and get more Stealth Rock damage. It also can be used at neutral priority if it's called by Sleep Talk. Scald can inflict burns to supplement Poliwrath's bulk and do good damage when it does get opportunities to hit things it is super effective against.

I'm looking for any and all advice and insight to help me improve my team. I'm open to changing the moves, EV spreads, nature's, items, abilities, and even the Pokémon so long as the reasoning behind the changes are sound. I'd like to keep Unfezant as I'm partially trying to prove its usefulness, but if there is a Pokémon that simply does what it does only better, I'm open to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)