Smogon Live Black and White Tournament Finals [Won by Tacho]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon's Live Black and White Tournaments! The battles for this tournament will be done here and now, so don't sign up if you have to go somewhere soon. Here are the rules:

• Single Battle Mode
  • Single Elimination
  • Unrestricted Tiering
  • Miracle Shooter: Off
  • 6v6
  • Level 100 Cap
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self KO Clause
  • 510 EV Cap
  • Currently available Pokemon, items, and abilities only
Post your battle results in this topic when your match is completed. Similarly, if your opponent breaks any of these rules, post here to let me know. I will also start an IRC channel called #bwwifi, which would likely be the best place to go for immediate updates. If you have IRC, be sure to come check it out during the tournament!

This tournament is an 8-man tournament format. Tournament spots will be given out in priority based on people's results yesterday. Priority will be given out in this order:

1. Winners of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  2. Runner ups of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  3. Semifinalists of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  4. Participants of an 8-man tournament on Friday
  5. Users who did not participate in an 8-man tournament on Friday

To join, type the following:

"Username: Friend Code"

For example, my entry post would be:

Alaka: 4211 9658 5130

May the best Black and White battler win!

-----

Entrants
Tacho: 1334 3153 9998
digimattd - 3052 3215 6268
mien:1634 9822 9847
The_Chaser: 4684 4190 4324

Round 1
Tacho v mien
digimattd v The_Chaser

Final
Tacho v digimattd

Great. We got d/c'd right as I had set up with the advantage.

And as we restart with same moves. He uses Fire Blast which burns me, takes out my Focus Sash and set up. This is definitely a fair "rematch".

In my opinion the fact that I lost due to my opponent's D/C is quite unfair. In our first match I managed to get his Dialga to the red zone and was going to finish it off with a SD'ed Weavile's Ice Shard and just now I lost 1-0 to the very same Dialga who (on rematch) burned my Weavile (crippling his attack stat) and broke his Focus Sash.

Yeah that was unfortunate, although i don't think it really mattered that much since darkrai probably would have beaten your last pokemon. Also if your jolly it wasn't a guaranteed ice shard ko on dialga it wouldve come done to damage calc. Also I'm not sure but how do you know who's dc it was. Anyway i don't care if you want the win have it.

I would put money that Darkrai (who if I remember correctly had already sustained some life orb damage himself) would not have been able to take a 416 attack STAB Encourage Flare Blitz + (if that wasn't enough) Life Orb recoil and sandstorm. Dialga was the deciding factor, and as the first match will attest to, he shouldn't have been.

If your pokemon was scarf yes you wouldve probably won, otherwise darkrai had an 80% chance to beat you. Anyway i'm giving you the win anyway gl next match.

Confirmed. Though this makes me want to get working on the Uber list ASAP...Tacho and I are discussing the main ones as we speak ;)

Tacho you beat digimattd again to win the Black & White tournament for the second time!!
Congratulations bro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)