Smogon Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often find myself trying to access Smogon from my PSP or my phone.

I assume that all the data that Smogon uses (like the movesets and analysises) is stored in a SQL Database somewhere and is not flat (X)HTML. A light version of the site that would reference the data (with PHP or Python [since Smogon uses both]) and put it in "Mobile-Friendly" formatting would be quite great.

I am also quite sure there is a vBulletin mobile plugin that would accomplish this task for the forum. I can't imagine either of these being that much work. Probably just a PHP/Python script or two on m.smogon.com that would accomplish this.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, it's obviously stored on an SQL database base; but doing what you are talking about is completely up to chaos and it's not some thing that is done in an afternoon (i.e. don't expect it soon, if ever).

What do you mean mobile plugin? I doubt it's compatible with the version this site runs.

The site and forums should run fine on most phones anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)