Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

The system can determine if someone has alts, right? What if I had a sibling who lived in the same house as me who got an account, would I be banned/infracted?

The system can determine if someone has alts, right? What if I had a sibling who lived in the same house as me who got an account, would I be banned/infracted?
If you do have a sibling/other family member who does sign up, contact any smod (like me) if/when it becomes an issue. We can usually resolve these situations when they happen. There are siblings who do use Smogon together without issue currently, so you're not going to be automatically banned on sight.

Is there a way to read previous versions (pre-Crown Tundra) of SwSh analyses? I'm just getting back into the game, I was last around in gen 5, and I'm trying to get an overview of the meta/common strategies.

Lilburr

let's dance
is a Tutoris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UU Leader
Is there a way to read previous versions (pre-Crown Tundra) of SwSh analyses? I'm just getting back into the game, I was last around in gen 5, and I'm trying to get an overview of the meta/common strategies.
You can scroll through the uploaded analyses archive if you really wanna see the old stuff, but if you're trying to learn the meta then it's probably best to read Crown Tundra analyses since the Isle of Armour meta isn't played anymore. You can find in-progress Crown Tundra analyses here.

Hi, my friend and I decided to create a Showdown server. It is hosted on his server but I am the one who will be sending him updated files (to add in formats, etc.) and he will mostly just focus on uptime. etc. Is it possible to co-own a server (the registration seems to be for a single person)? We both have showdown accounts that are years old. But my friend just made a Smogon account. If co-owning a serving is okay, will we have to wait until his account is a week old (my Smogon account is years old)? Thanks.

Is there any thread I can post my team in for members to give it a look and give feedback?
RMT is probably not appropriate since I don't think the team is very good at the moment, it needs a once-over by a few other people I think.

Is there any thread I can post my team in for members to give it a look and give feedback?
RMT is probably not appropriate since I don't think the team is very good at the moment, it needs a once-over by a few other people I think.
The RMT forum revolves around helping players with their teams regardless of their building skills. You can most definitely post there and RMTers will be happy to help you.

Does anyone else think the 1/4 HP berries should activate at 1/3 HP instead, now that they have been nerfed to heal only 33%? I feel like that's more of a fair risk/reward.
I know this isn't GF, but just something I was thinking of. IDK why they were nerfed in the first place.

Have there ever been any CAP attempts for Gen 3 OU (or something else similar to CAP)? I am interested in theorycrafting some stuff independently, so not officially CAP but I am curious to see how other players think. My favorite idea is creating a Fire/Grass pokemon. This would be great for scouting out the HP of Electrics

I know this is a bit on the vague side and I'm terribly sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm looking for a particular replay that I can't find for the life of me. I'm fairly sure I was using the same username (Dratios), I recall that it was Gen 6 UU, that I had a team with a Suicune and a Salamence, and my opponent had a Mega Swampert that used Double-Edge. They mentioned that "they keep double-edge for these kind of unique opponents," to which I responded something along the lines of "Ice Punch is better in literally every single way," to which they replied "Double-Edge is riskier and better, plus how do you hit surskit or shedinja." I also remember posting this on one of the forums here, but as it was about 5 years ago, I can't remember which one. Any help would be appreciated :)

Cringetopia

Banned deucer.
Hi so I just made my smogon account today. I used to be a decent ladder player but I haven't played in a few years and I decided that I felt like getting back into it after rediscovering Joey's channel last week. I want to try my luck at tournaments this time around and I'm wondering what SS OU tournaments are coming up that I can have a go at. I went on the tournaments subforum but to honest it was pretty confusing for a new user such as myself because of the sheer amount of ongoing tours.

Aqua∞Ring

Lazybones
Hi so I just made my smogon account today. I used to be a decent ladder player but I haven't played in a few years and I decided that I felt like getting back into it after rediscovering Joey's channel last week. I want to try my luck at tournaments this time around and I'm wondering what SS OU tournaments are coming up that I can have a go at. I went on the tournaments subforum but to honest it was pretty confusing for a new user such as myself because of the sheer amount of ongoing tours.
Welcome to Smogon! If you click here then a page will open up directing you towards the 2021 OU Circuit plan, allowing you to see what dates tournaments start on. In addition, if you gain enough points throughout the year at the end of the year you'll be awarded a fancy ribbon!

This is a very subjective question, and I'm not quite sure how to word this, but what tiers are in a good place right now? Like are balanced, don't have a suspect currently going on, or a looming suspect? Because all the metas that I try to get into are either broken or have an ongoing suspect. Thanks in advance.

AM

GMT-4
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a very subjective question, and I'm not quite sure how to word this, but what tiers are in a good place right now? Like are balanced, don't have a suspect currently going on, or a looming suspect? Because all the metas that I try to get into are either broken or have an ongoing suspect. Thanks in advance.
None of them. Spam broken. (This isn't a joke response either).

Yeah, DLC2 definately messed things up. Even Ubers, which is completely unaffected by tier shifts, takes a huge hit.
Ubers: Calyrex-S (Screw you DLC2)
OU: Cinderace, Magearna, Spectrier (but I see you in the OU forums all the time so its probably safe to assume you know this already)
UU: Latias, Azumarill, Kommo-O, Celesteela
RU: Thundurus, Zarude
NU: Pangoro, Bewear, Cresselia lol
PU: Virizon (how in the world did that get in PU???), Archeops, Arctovish
ZU: The victim of the January tier shifts. Go down there and see for yourself.

I don't really play any of these tiers but a quick glance at the metagame discussions makes it all too apparant, because we cultured Smogoners complain all the time as soon as something looks broken /j.

Anyways the official tiers and ZU isn't looking way too good right now. Maybe try your luck in the OMs or pet mods? I myself got into BH a while ago and it is actually quite fascinating!

Best of luck finding a place to stay!

Yeah, DLC2 definately messed things up. Even Ubers, which is completely unaffected by tier shifts, takes a huge hit.
Ubers: Calyrex-S (Screw you DLC2)
OU: Cinderace, Magearna, Spectrier (but I see you in the OU forums all the time so its probably safe to assume you know this already)
UU: Latias, Azumarill, Kommo-O, Celesteela
RU: Thundurus, Zarude
NU: Pangoro, Bewear, Cresselia lol
PU: Virizon (how in the world did that get in PU???), Archeops, Arctovish
ZU: The victim of the January tier shifts. Go down there and see for yourself.

I don't really play any of these tiers but a quick glance at the metagame discussions makes it all too apparant, because we cultured Smogoners complain all the time as soon as something looks broken /j.

Anyways the official tiers and ZU isn't looking way too good right now. Maybe try your luck in the OMs or pet mods? I myself got into BH a while ago and it is actually quite fascinating!

Best of luck finding a place to stay!
New Question; what OMs are balanced and don't have a suspect? The only one I know is monotype, and that's only because it had robust sample teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)