Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

You can always ask someone to proxy post for you, or request approval here! https://www.smogon.com/forums/policy-review-access-request/

If you want a permanent access, you need a badge, TC is usually the easiest one to get as you only need to qualify and vote in suspects.
Thanks for your reply. It looks like the "policy review access request" is for posting to existing threads - is there a way to request permission to create a thread?

Tested this on phone. You need 5 forum posts or something to like posts and you need to turn horizontally on your device thats not Computer design to Reply/all the things you said above. Try it out.
When I logged off and reconnected later, it finally showed me the like button, with only the two posts in this thread.

It still doesn't show me extra reactions other than Like though.

Where are peoples' signatures supposed to show up? Normally for forums they're at the bottom of each post, but I don't see anyone else's nor my own.

If you are on phone, press and hold the "Like" text which you see at the bottom right of any post. You should see Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry. If you are on PC, simply hover your cursor over "Like". That will do the same thing.
Yeah I stumbled upon that yesterday but didn't update.

Where are peoples' signatures supposed to show up? Normally for forums they're at the bottom of each post, but I don't see anyone else's nor my own.
I've had this issue happen with me on phone even when I had the setting which Kalalokki mentioned on so I assume you're on phone too. Normally, a user's signature is supposed to be located at the bottom of their post as shown:

I would like to see filters in the pokemon list in the teambuilder for DOU and DUbers at a minimum. Currently I can type "OU" and all the OU pokemon show up, but theres nothing for us doubles guys.

Also it would be cool to add an advanced filter on the same search function so we could do things like set thresholds and limits. For example, show me all pokemon above both 100 speed and 100 attack only

I agree with Coneydub that the teambuilder still has room for a lot of improvements.

For example, as far as I can tell, there is no way to isolate tiers---you get the highest tier you're building for, and everything below it. I can't see just ADV UUBL mons if I wanted to, the filter doesn't support that---nor for LC or NFE, for that matter.

(And on that topic but slightly off-topic, Showdown doesn't even have Gen3Doubles as a listed format, despite it originating there, having it available for DPP, and supporting Gen31v1 even.)

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
I would like to see filters in the pokemon list in the teambuilder for DOU and DUbers at a minimum. Currently I can type "OU" and all the OU pokemon show up, but theres nothing for us doubles guys.

Also it would be cool to add an advanced filter on the same search function so we could do things like set thresholds and limits. For example, show me all pokemon above both 100 speed and 100 attack only
Hey coneydub,

For your first question, you can select DOU or DUbers as the tier you are building in and the teambuilder will show the list of DUbers, DOU, DUU... Pokemon.
1633819151844.png

For advanced filters, you can't do that directly in the teambuilder (if I'm not mistaken), but you can use commands to do so. This is the command for the example you gave:

command search pokemon.PNG

Some unidentified mod deleted three fairly long effortposts I made (which I also received numerous likes for already, now gone) in the Suggestions forums without warning, despite such not being stated as against the rules here:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/about-this-forum-read-before-posting.3650597/

I'm not going to complain about having my posts deleted, but I would absolutely like all that text I took the time to write back so I can at least post it elsewhere.

Who should I try to get into contact with to provide me the copies of my posts?

And again, as far as I could see the posted rules didn't forbid detailed responses to those threads.

Attachments

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor
PS Admin
Some unidentified mod deleted three fairly long effortposts I made (which I also received numerous likes for already, now gone) in the Suggestions forums without warning, despite such not being stated as against the rules here:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/about-this-forum-read-before-posting.3650597/

I'm not going to complain about having my posts deleted, but I would absolutely like all that text I took the time to write back so I can at least post it elsewhere.

Who should I try to get into contact with to provide me the copies of my posts?

And again, as far as I could see the posted rules didn't forbid detailed responses to those threads.
Generally posts in that forum are deleted if its just repeating previously posted information or otherwise adding nothing to the thread.

I went ahead and reviewed what happened and undeleted two of those posts (background music, FFA ladder), and left the final one deleted. Feel free to reach out to a moderator of the forum if you have any issues in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)