Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I already posted on here but it didn't get resolved so here it goes again.

I have an old account that I don't have access to, I made it when I was a gradeschooler so the stuff I said on there was stupid. I don't want it associated with the name I use online so if I could get it resolved to have the account deleted that would be nice.

I have a username on showdown with the same name and they were made around the same time so hopefully I can get that scrubbed. Thanks.

Not sure if this is the right thread to mention this/come with this idea, but a feature to see what timezone another user is using would be nice to have just to speed up scheduling for tours a tiny bit. Would preferably show up in the about tab as well as on the same line as a users age and location when you open the profile of said user. A start to this idea has already been made, so not sure what would stop this idea.

Lumari

lullaby
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator
C&C & TFP Leader
I already posted on here but it didn't get resolved so here it goes again.

I have an old account that I don't have access to, I made it when I was a gradeschooler so the stuff I said on there was stupid. I don't want it associated with the name I use online so if I could get it resolved to have the account deleted that would be nice.

I have a username on showdown with the same name and they were made around the same time so hopefully I can get that scrubbed. Thanks.
fill out https://www.smogon.com/forums/account-deletion-request/

Not sure if this is the right thread to mention this/come with this idea, but a feature to see what timezone another user is using would be nice to have just to speed up scheduling for tours a tiny bit. Would preferably show up in the about tab as well as on the same line as a users age and location when you open the profile of said user. A start to this idea has already been made, so not sure what would stop this idea.
xf's implementation is kind of useless here; the syntax to add it to about sections on profile pages does exist (though i can't figure out how to incorporate the privacy setting and am not sure if it's even a xenforo feature rather than a relic from a prior forum software, and adding any location-related info without giving ppl the option to opt out is obviously not happening), but the variable is stored as the location not the number. e.g. EST would display as "America/New York" rather than as GMT-5 so it would really not make timezone conversions any easier at all. changing it to display numbers instead would require a pretty involved programming change if it's possible at all, not to mention it would actually introduce different issues because the user setting (rightfully) does not account for DST. i.e. this time of the year EST is actually GMT-4 not -5 unlike what the forum setting would say, whereas e.g. sydney time is GMT+10 in accordance with the forum setting, so people using the display to convert would be off by one hour. and by the time EST is GMT-5 again sydney would have changed to GMT+11 while still displaying as GMT+10, so the same issue would occur again the other way around.

im not against looking into this further per se but idt there's a good way around the above issues personally + it would be low prio either way. if users rly want to indicate their timezone on their profile the best option for now would be to put it in their location field.

Just curious, is it possible to add gradient text in messages?
n it's not

hello!
Can anyone explain to me how you place an image into your signature? imgur is not working for me when i place the link and says to contact an admin. this happens with all the pcs in my house
Hi, beatrice explained that some time ago but i will reanswer.

First of all, you need to upload your image on a site, i suggest you Imgur.

Then, you will need to right-click on the uploaded foto and choose "Copy Image adress"

After that, you can come back on Smogon, go on "Signature" and click on the gear in the top right corner.
rotella.PNG

By doing that, you enable the BB code and now you can digit that : [ IMG ]--direct link to your photo here--[ /IMG ].
You then need to delete the spaces between [ ] and IMG, then replace "link" with the link of the uploaded foto, and re-click on the mini gear and save the signature

Attachments

Last edited:

uhBella

formerly itsallyellow
Hi, beatrice explained that some time ago but i will reanswer.

First of all, you need to upload your image on a site, i suggest you Imgur.

Then, you will need to right-click on the uploaded foto and choose "Copy Image adress"

After that, you can come back on Smogon, go on "Signature" and click on the gear in the top right corner.View attachment 424852
By doing that, you enable the BB code and now you can digit that :
You then need to replace "link" with the link of the uploaded foto, then re-click on the mini gear and save the signature
Thank you so much!!!!!

I was wondering about a couple audio options.

For replays, is it possible to add a toggle that only has the "Sounds," as distinct from the "Music" option which is really "Music and Sounds"?

In general, would it be feasible to create a toggle that uses older generation cries for Pokemon such as Eevee, Pikachu, and Gengar, much like there is support for BW-style sprites?

Thanks for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)