Other Metagames Snorlax's Bulky Offense (SS Almost Any Ability Doubles Team)

Snorlax @ Leftovers

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Facade
- High Horsepower
- Protect
The one and only CurseLax, and the spotlight of my team.
Snorlax is not only a powerhouse, but also a really sturdy mixed wall. After enough boosts, it deals more damage than what iya recieving, and with Intimidate, Will-O-Wisp, Friend Guard and Grassy Surge support, this chunky boi ain't droppin'.
Maxed out special bulk allows Snorlax to set up on special sweepers and remain with the title of Special Wall; after that, 4 EVs are dropped into defense. A sassy nature and 0 speed IVs give Snorlax an edge against opposing Trick Room teams.
Curse is the primary Snorlax move, as it makes up for Snorlax's average Attack stat and low Defense stat and turns it into and indestructible house of doom while also making it better under Trick Room. Facade is Snorlax's single best attacking move, and I can even say it's the only attacking move it needs, as it grabs important KOs at just +1 with its brutal 140 BP. High Horsepower is just coverage that deals with most of the ghosts, steels and rocks of the meta. Protect can be considered a core move for Snorlax as it has great sinergy with Poison Heal.
Other options for abilities include Unaware, Regenerator, Cheek Pouch, Tough Claws and Adaptability. However, Poison Heal provides insane recovery, great sinergy with Protect and a shield against status conditions; Tough Claws and Adaptability are also outclassed by Poison Heal since a boosted STAB Facade is incredibly strong already and doesn't have any real drawbacks.
For other moves, Snorlax could use Belly Drum, Double-Edge, Body Slam, Self-Destruct, Hammer Arm, Darkest Lariat, Crunch, Heat Crash, Recycle, Yawn, Toxic, Whirlwind, Thunder Wave, Substitute and Gastro Acid. I'm not gonna dive too much into this, so I'm just gonna say that many of these moves either don't do enough damage, don't have a lot of sinergy with Normal Type moves or hurt Snorlax's longevity a lot, and the ones that are not any of these are unreliable or situational. However, since Snorlax only realistically needs 2 moves to work (or 3 if you really like Protect), so you can build Snorlax with the moves you want.
Some other useful items are Toxic Orb, Sitrus Berry, Choice Band and Assault Vest. Toxic Orb doesn't feel like a must since I already have 2 Toxic user that can poison Snorlax at any given time; Sitrus Berry is mostly exclusive to non-Poison Heal builds; CB and AV remove the very thing that makes Snorlax special: setting up.

Talonflame @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hurricane
Talonflame provides Intimidate support and fast Toxic/Will-O-Wisp. Thanks to its speed tier, it outspeeds Weavile with 248 EVs on speed más a Timid nature, giving it many chances to Toxic bulky setups, walls and Snorlax, as well as giving it the chance to burn many physical sweepers under the right conditions, such as Weavile, Dracovish, Dracozolt, Kommo-O, Buzzwole, and many more. 252 EVs are dumped into HP to give it some longevity and the rest is dropped on Defense. Another option could be running Max Speed Max SpA with 2 attacks to make it less passive, but its STAB combination and Special Attack stat are not generally useful offensively.
Some other item options Talonflame has are Sitrus Berry, Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers and Charti Berry. However, not being prey to Spore and Rage Powder is generally better.
Other move options could be Defog, Tailwind, Roost, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, U-Turn and Taunt, but I've found more success with the current set.

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 36 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Rillaboom provides Grassy Terrain for the team, strong priority with U-Turn, Fake Out and slow pivoting. It runs the exact same EVs that it has on regular SS Doubles OU because I don't know any important calcs to change its EVs. Knock Off removes Leftovers, Sitrus Berries, Toxic/Flame Orbs, and other stuff.
As for its items, it can run Choice Band, Life Orb, Sitrus Berry and Grassy Seed; however I prefer longevity over attack power, and Sitrus Berry is often not useful since Rillaboom rarely finds itself dropping at half HP.
Different choices for moves include Wood Hammer, Superpower, Swords Dance, Bulk Up and Taunt; my problem with them is that the first 2 hurt Rillaboom's longevity a lot and the last 3 can't be used on Assault Vest sets.

Zarude @ Choice Band

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- Grassy Glide
- Power Whip
Zarude is just an absolute unit, dealing absurd damage that can't be compared. It has a great speed tier and a powerful priority move in Grassy Glide. The combination of Choice Band, Tough Claws, Darkest Lariat, Close Combat, Power Whip and Grassy Terrain OHKOs most of the metagame at full HP and beats every single bulky setup that is not Kommo-O or Buzzwole.
For other abilities it doesn't really have much choice besides Regenerator, Intimidate and Grassy Surge. However I already have 1 for the last 2 and Zarude doesn't have the bulk or the typing to be an effective Regenerator user.
Other items can include Heavy-Duty Boots, Tanga Berry, Life Orb, Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, Assault Vest and Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf is not really needed since Band revenge Kills weather speedesters, Regieleki and slower priority users, while Scarf doesn't; Leftovers, Sitrus Berry, HDB and Assault Vest aren't a good trade to me, since most of my team is already fat and Zarude doesn't really need the extra longevity, although the first 3 are good on Bulk Up sets; LO is directly outclassed by Band since Zarude absolutely live a being locales into a move.
The only real alternatives Zarude has for moves are Jungle Healing, U-turn and Bulk Up. Although Zarude is a good Bulk Up user, the immediate power of Choice Band is more appreciated, and U-Turn offers terrible coverage for Grass. Jungle Healing is really good, but either not being choiced or being locked into the move is not ideal.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry

Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
Dragonite provides a way to deal with opposing weather teams and Rising Voltage spam.
Yache Berry and 252 HP allows Dragonite to live an Adaptability Modest Ice Beam from full HP and 168 Defense EVs helps it live an Icicle Crash from Choice Band Hustle Glastrier. An alternative spread could be 252HP/56Def/4SpA/196SpD with a Calm nature to live an Adaptability Modest Ice Beam after rocks and live an Icicle Crash from Choice Band Adaptability Glastrier at full. Lastly, a spread with 252HP/56Def/200SpA and a Modest nature still lives both of said moves with an Adaptability boost while maxing out Dragonite's special damage. Or you could just go max HP max SpA + 4Def since Yache + DStream lives every non-Choiced Ice move in the game that is not Triple Axel.
Roost gives Dragonite longevity, and 3 attacks gives it offensive pressure. The reason as to why Dragonite is specially offensive is because of Intimidate being so powerful in Doubles and because Dragonite's special moves tend to be stronger, more reliable and with less drawbacks than it's physical ones. The combination of moves guaranteed a OHKO on Buzzwole and Kommo-O, as well as giving it a way to hurt Heatran an a 50% chance to OHKO Kyurem.
Another item it can run is Heavy-Duty Boots, however Stealth Rock is rare and bad in Doubles.
Other move options are Superpower, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Heat Wave, Bulldoze, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Protect, Defog, Icy Wind, Heat Wave, Tailwind, Extreme Speed and Outrage. They are all viable and have their own uses, but I'm sticking to the current set right now.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
While Talonflame helps the team by dealing with physical attackers with Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp, Porygon2 provides durability againdt powerful special attacks such as -ate Boomburst, Eruption, Expanding Force and Rising Voltage, l while still providung a small shield against physical attacks.
The given EV spread equalizes Porygon2's bulk. Recover helps it survive the powerful attacks that it's ability does not shield it from, Toxic helps out Snorlax at activating Poison Heal and pressures bulky setups and walls. BoltBeam hurts a lot of Pokemons thanks to it's great coverage and Porygon2's naturally good special attack stat. A spread with minimal speed can be used to help Porygon2 at having a better time against Trick Room.
Other good move options are Tri-Attack, Protect, Icy Wind, Teleport, Speed Swap, Thunder Wave and Trick Room. I can't really fit most of them, though.

Raw Pokepast: https://pokepast.es/a7e8f9e598ec0987

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)