Something I randomly put up

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Don't steal this
This is my probable WiFi team

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Snow Slide
- Stealth Rock
SR pogey. If someone can kindly donate a relaxed Swampert I will gladly accept it. Surf for Dosaidon

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 20 Atk / 144 Def / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall/Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
Holds off Gaburiasu decently. I can't decide between Aqua Tail and Waterfall. Aqua Tail OHKOs Weavile after a Dance, but Waterfall is more stable. The 232 Speed EVs lets it outrun Jolly Weavile after a Dance; it's my only counter to that thing. Also, Her'a CB In Fight/Megahorneys is a 4HKO

Skarmory @ Beautiful Skin/Lefties
- Standard moveset and EVs
No need to explain this

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SA and Def, 6 in HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled
Can hold up Gyarados pretty well as long as Falls doesn't flinch

Agunomu (I hate Azelf) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: TBD
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scheme
- Psychic
- Grass Rope
- Flamethrower
Always wanted to use this

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: Well, I want this thing to be able to survive 2 Surfs from Starmie while still packing a lot of power
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
- Megahorn
- In Fight
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
Killer.

Rate/Hate, etc.

100 HP EVs on Heracross makes it take 42 - 49% from a Timid Starmie's Surf (without Choice Glasses). You need to be almost maxed out in both HP and special defense to guarantee survival against a boosted one.

Go with Waterfall on Gyarados, Weavile can't OHKO him anyway. Unless it gets some luck with Blade Test. CB Jolly Weavile does 50 - 59% to your Gyarados with Ice Punch and 34 - 40% after Intimidate. You've also got Stealth Rock and Spikes to make up the extra damage, plus Skarm and Swampert can take on an Intimidated Weavile well enough.

Besides CM Blissey it looks fairly standard, I can't see you having major problems with anything.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yep, it's a team of standards >:O

Okay, I guess the Blissey isn't standard... A Schemer could be an issue for this variant.

uh, is the Swampert Impish? That's Adamant that I see...

Either way, wouldn't Waterfall be better on it than Surf if it has a -SAtk nature?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I wish I have a -Spd one. I don't have a Relaxed Ditto/Anything with Synchronize unfortunately.

Surf 2HKOs Dosaidon. Waterfall does squat.

I can always stick in Pumps if everyone else approves this.

I am also currently trying to plan an uber team but I'm awaiting for more uber teams to get a general idea for it. In the meantime I posted this team because I finally found a way I can stick Agunomu in a team without having to fear other weaks

Yikes stripes, man. That's too many old standards for my taste. It's like Advance 2.0 with Azelf. And Skarmbliss. At least you don't have Dugtrio.

I don't have anything constructive to say, really, other than I actually like your Blissey set. Pretty uncommon. I don't think anyone will suspect CM Bliss.

Unfortunately such a Swampert has severe troubles with a simple Salamence, but I suppose that's what Gyarados, Skarmory and Blissey are for.

Edit: POST #5700 BETTER MAKE A HUGE FUCKING THREAD ABOUT IT

Pray that your opponent does not use Boah, or it will literally destroy you. Heracross definitely won't last forever, especially in SS.

Tyranitar(300 SpA) attacking Heracross(100 HP)
28-33% damage

With SS's 6% off, it's 3HKOed, and so is Pert, and the rest 2HKOed and on.

I have a relaxed Swampert on ruby, but it was the starter so I have no idea what the IVs and EVs are :N

Really don't see how effective Snow Slide is going to be. Swampert can't KO Gablias with it without being hit first. (with neutral nature max ATK Swampert does 69-82% to neutral no HP/DEF Gablias, obviously less since Swampert won't max attack). A smart player will just Dance a second time and KO Swampert with +4x attack. Snow Slide won't be much effective against anything else for that matter, besides maybe Donkrow or something with weak DEF and can't set up.

Gyarados looks great, Waterfall>Aqua Tail (Aqua Tail has slightly more BP factoring in 90% acc, but missing sucks and Waterfall flinches). Attacking Bliss looks intriguing, Agnome might be better off with Thunderbolt somewhere, the other moves leave an opening for Scheme Houndoom to exploit, especially one with powerful herb solarbeam.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pray that your opponent does not use Boah, or it will literally destroy you. Heracross definitely won't last forever, especially in SS.

Tyranitar(300 SpA) attacking Heracross(100 HP)
28-33% damage

With SS's 6% off, it's 3HKOed, and so is Pert, and the rest 2HKOed and on.
Swampert can take a couple Focus Punches with Leftovers recovery... there is a reason Swampert is considered a Boah counter...

On the other hand, Swampert has some problems with CBtar, and that could be hard for your team to handle, especially given how easily it comes in.

It's not a bad idea, but I assume you want it to wear down the likes of Weavile. However, your current attacks will finish most of the likely candidates for Pursuit (Tyranitar, Heracross, Metagross, Weavile) if you hit them on the switch. You will need to give Azelf either Life Orb over Leftovers or Fire Blast over Flamethrower to OHKO Weavile on the switch though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)