Project SS NU Team Building Competition (Quagsire)

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Thank you all for your submissions & congratulations S1nn0hC0nfirm3d for winning this round of the Teambuilding Competition!

The Pokemon for this week is...
:ss/Glastrier: and/or :ss/Entei: and/or :ss/Arctozolt:
The new drops!!!!!
With the latest wave of drops, we gained three potentially really threatening pokemon in Glastrier, Entei, and Arctozolt. Since the meta is still adapting to this monsters I am curious what you guys come up with as Counters/Checks and sets for the pokemon themself!!!
The deadline will be on Friday April, 9th. Get building everyone!!!​

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
CB Entei + DD Flygon + Status and Hex Jellicent

:ss/entei: :ss/jellicent: :ss/rotom-mow: :ss/flygon: :ss/copperajah: :ss/passimian:

CB Entei tears through everything but Vaporeon, which Speed-invested Taunt Jellicent can annoy, forcing it to either heal off the burn or heal its hp (it can never do both, since you Taunt it). Defog Rotom-Mow removes hazards for CB Entei; with Will-o-Wisp, most hazard setters cannot switch into it and set them up. Wisp Mowtom + Sacred Fire Entei can make Jellicent's Hex very annoying to switch into. Copper checks threats like Dragalge and can break through teams; in particular, Power Whip is useful to weaken Vaporeon for Entei. This Copper drops Steel-type coverage, since DD Flygon + Entei can cover that. DD Flygon also pressures Vaporeon and can sweep vs teams with a <299 spe scarfer (i.e. one that isnt Flygon); scarf Flygon can often be forced to take a burn by CB Entei. Finally, Passimian can sweep late-game with its typical switch-ins like Mudsdale and Vaporeon.

One possible change is AV Copper + Mudsdale > SR Copper + DD Flygon, but this makes the team apply a little less pressure to Vapo and have less of a wincon. However, it makes you more solid defensively vs opposing Flygon and Fighting-types.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Arctic Ice Arctic Zolt Hyper Offense with Buddies!

:espeon: :blastoise: :toxicroak: :talonflame: :flygon: :arctozolt:
Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn

Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Flygon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Throat Chop

Arctozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Bolt Beak
- Freeze-Dry
- Stomping Tantrum
this team is build with espeon as a dual screen setter and of course blastoise as it can abuse shell smash behind dual screens perfectly, toxicroak is nasty plot with its dual stabs and dark pulse, dark pulse can hit psychic types which try to switch into it to check it and is in general reliable coverage for toxicroak. talonflame has swords dance with flame charge so it can maximum its speed to great levels and is therefore able to outrun most choice scarfers due to its natural great speed tier. the fifth slot is flygon, as flygon reliably sets up dragon dance and can help to burst throug teams lategame, meanwhile arctozolt the ice-cold shooting star substitutes and abuses its great boltbeam stab option alongside stomping tantrum as coverage option.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manual Hail Arctozolt offense
:Arctozolt::Omastar::Decidueye::Braviary::Inteleon::Flygon:
team import
This team is pretty straight forward. Lead Omastar (Hail as a last move is a cool tech to get up Hail at 1% and get in Zolt right after - thanks Shiloh for this one) and apply constant offensive pressure to a) prevent opposing offense and b) prevent any kind of hazard removal. Decidueye + Braviary makes a great 'anti-removal' core with Decidueye stopping Rapid Spin and Braviary punishing Defog. Inteleon is a fun late game wincon due to its high natural speed tier which is the only reason I chose it over Blastoise. Dragon Dance Flygon is the best dragon-dancer and really appreciates the hazard support wearing down checks like Sylveon. Arctozolt holds Shuca Berry because it lets it set up Hail versus pokemon like Mudsdale and Flygon which otherwise scare it out and KO them with Blizzard (I think Mudsdale needs some chip damage before tho).
Play the team aggressively and it will reward you.​

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
It is time to revive this old horse!
Lets start this off with our only drop

The Pokemon for this week is...
:ss/Quagsire:
Cheetos tail Quagsire!!
The Unaware staple returns for its second round of SSNU! But does the powercreep stop it from being a stall staple / good at stoping set up sweepers? I'm looking forward to what you guys are going to build!
The deadline will be on Friday July, 9th. Get building everyone!!!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
A Quags arrival, feat. what makes you Comfey and Choice Specs Goodra!

:bronzong: :comfey: :quagsire: :vileplume: :goodra: :talonflame:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Body Press
- Toxic

Comfey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Synthesis

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap
- Corrosive Gas

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Bronzong and Quagsire with Comfey are a great trio, as Bronzong is capable of setting up Stealth Rocks, while Comfeys ability is to Defog opposing entry hazards away, which Quagsire dislikes, meanwhile Quagsire is able to setop Mudsdale, Arcanine, Tyrantrum, and it can check Sirfetchd in a pinch as well. Vileplume can check Rotom-Cut, whereas Talonflame is great for checking Copperajah, and Pokemon such as Dhelmise and Decidueye, with Vileplumes help. Goodra is the breaker here with Choice Specs, and is able to break through a lot of bulkier Pokemon with its amazing coverage options. In overall, this team achieves its goal due to its own entry hazards, status spreading and the item removal with Corrosive Gas of Vileplume. Have fun!​

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
:Bronzong::Guzzlord::Quagsire::Sylveon::Talonflame::Rotom-Mow:
https://pokepast.es/9deb6b7656ac1fce
Old fashioned Guzzlord team. Quag + Guzzy is a nice core with Guzzy taking care of annoying Grass types for Quag. Bronzong checks Exploud and Fairy types and also eases the matchup versus Vileplume which is annoying otherwise. Sylveon as a clearic which is pretty standard and Talon + Rotom-Mow as some kind of speed control.
Team has been doing pretty well so far, Toxic Spikes are pretty annoying tho face tho.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Sorry for responding so late to this, I was hoping to get more than two submissions. Again, I won't be calling myself the winner so congrats Katy and her team for winning this cycle!
I will keep this thread on hold because of the little interest and submissions (not to blame anyone, it is your fair choice!). I will update on further changes to this project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)