Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the team!
:Sirfetch :Inteleon: :Heliolisk: :Dragalge: :Bronzong: :Golurk:
Sirfetch'd + Inteleon is the main offense duo of the team. Sirfetch'd has no immunities switch in wise thanks to Scrappie and threatens out slower pokemon such as dhelmise or Copperajah. Inteleon is there to pray the opp doesnt have a Gastrodon/Vaporeon (or just flinch twice smh), maybe not the most solid Pokemon but can be fun to use. Scarf helioisk is the speed control of the team, being a nice water immune to scare Arctovish from spamming Fishious Rend and being faster than Passimain. Dragalgae helps against Rotom Mow and Salazzle while offering a nice momentum move in Flip Turn, similar to helioisk, to help get in Sirfetch'd for free. Bronzong is the main Ice/Dragon/Fairy resist and Rocker, as the team has little defensive utility up to this point and it helps tremendously against Tyrantrum. Lastly, Colburk Golurk is a nice Drapion lure and gives a nice Volt Switch immunity. Enjoy!
Ty very much, while focus energy can be awful against gastro vapereon it's still got me alot of wins. Would be so good if we could have hp grass :(

Reactions: GW
Why does the meta ban at least one Pokemon made from the teambuilder lol. Anyways I would like to request a balanced team with an offensive Copperajah as the star. I know the meta change, so it might take some time. I am just putting in my request.

Hello, I'd like to request a team build around tauros and celebi as I think they are 2 fun mons to use rn.

I would prefer to have a team build around these sets,

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Zen Headbutt

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'd like to request a team build around tauros and celebi as I think they are 2 fun mons to use rn.

I would prefer to have a team build around these sets,

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Zen Headbutt

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Psychic
Reserving

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Could I get a Stallbreaker Salazzle (taunt+toxic + Stabs) team? Thanks!!
Test Techles i got your team for you right here, sorry for the wait!
:ss/Salazzle: :ss/tyrantrum: :ss/vaporeon: :ss/uxie: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/copperajah:

Started with your lazzle set, which although I don’t believe is it’s best set,does Java a good match up against certain teams. I wanted to add another breaker which benefitted from a toxic’d Mudsdale or Gastrodon, so I opted for CB Tyrantrum. Salazzle and Ttrum work together to wear down their joint checks. The next four mons makeup the defensive core to support those two breakers, and because Vaporeon is basically standard on most decent builds, I went for a Calm Vape to better deal with opposing Salazzle while still having some defensive presence. I went with Flip Turn to bring in Salazzle on Grass Types that like to switch into Vaporeon. The next guy was Uxie, an underrated Fighting resist with a lot of utility. It gave me a pivot into Sirfetch’d which otherwise claims a kill every time it is in. U turn gives you a way to bring in Salazzle or Ttrum safely, Knock Off to remove pesky items, and Psychic+Future sight to both immediately pressure fighting/poison types and to stack future sight+CB Head Smashes, further ruining what would be a safe switch in. Next I wanted a SR user and a ground type, so I went with Mudsdale. Roar is used to prevent BU Braviary from sweeping the team, and also to just roar out other annoying set up Pokémon. The last mon added was a more reliable Ice resist, as Vanilluxe seems generally annoying. Copper also gives you a flying resist for Articuno Galar.

A few notes,
:decidueye:
Seems kind of annoying, as SD sets must be outplayed and for Specs sets your “ghost resist” is AV Copperrajah. Nonetheless you have plenty of ways to offensively pressure it.

:Braviary:
Still annoying even with Roar, just make sure you don’t give it a chance to set up.

:Starmie:
LO Starmie also seems annoying but you have vape which generally lives two Thunderbolts, and AV Copper so you should be fine if you keep Copper healthy with Wish passes.

HAZARDS
Wanted to note that there is no hazard removal on this team, so play offensively against spike setters such as Roserade, Golisopod or Garbodor. Most of the team is Heavy Duty Boots or levitating, and the other three can be wish passed to with Vape. Just wanted you to be wary that it could be an issue if you let the opponent get up their hazards.
Hope you enjoy the team!

Hello I would like to request a team with a little core I think works
:garbodor: :sylveon:
A spikes team that uses garbodor as the setter and specs sylveon as one of the main abusers, other than that I have no other especifications for the team, last time I made a request it was way to vague so I hope that this is fine :)
Thank you in advance!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hi, i have a request for us owo
:ss/indeedee-f: :ss/espeon:
Espeon could be Specs with Expanding Force / 3 slots are up to the teambuilder and Indeedee Female...all up to the builder.

Lmk if thats too hard to build and i wanna request other

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
It's an honor to be here, thanks for having me :) (This feels like a podcast intro)
s/o to Oathkeepre, xerovis & your____bro, who helped with this!!

Without talking to much around it here is your team Lucario!

:ss/Exploud::ss/Talonflame::ss/Passimian::ss/Dragalge::ss/Copperajah::ss/Vaporeon:
<<pokepast-link>>
As requested, we've build around Choice Specs Exploud. With the recent ban of Bewear is Exploud able to run a Modest nature to max out its damage output. Boomburst + Scrappy are no-brainer as this combination is the main reason Exploud is so strong. The next two moves are coverage for the usual Exploud switchins in Overheat for Steel types and Surf for Rock types. The last move is really up to you and what you prefere. We chose to add a more powerful way of hitting Rock types in Hydro Pump which can be really useful if you happen to fight against a Gigalith where the added power is really helpful. For the second pokemon we decided to use Talonflame, as it provides a pivot against the most common Exploud answers in the current meta which are Copperajah and Escavalier. The dual STAB combination of Flareblitz and Brave Bird gives you a way of hitting the Steel types for actual damage and also makes it tougher to wall Talonflame with a defensive Water type. Roost is used for obvious reasons, keeping Talonflame healthy throughout the match. Talonflame also adds Defog to the team. The next member on the team is Choice Scarf Passimian which adds speed control for fast threats like Focus Energy Inteleon and also an offensive pivot with U-turn. Close Combat is your main STAB of choice, while Knock Off and Rock Slide add coverage against Ghost and Flying/Bug types. Defiant is a unique way of punishing Defog from your opponent, making a well times switchin a nightmare for your opponent. Dragalge is the Rotom-Mow check on the team and makes a good VolTurn-core with Passimian. Toxic Spikes are really helpful in wearing down Rock types for Exploud (and the rest of the opposing team). Draco Meteor & Sludge Bomb are the main STAB attacks. Copperajah is the Cresselia answer on the team and provides the team with Stealth Rock. Copperajah is also a much needed defensive backbone, checking a lot of threats e.g. opposing Exploud. Vaporeon has good defensive synergy with Copperajah, providing Wish support to keep it healthy and taking on Fire types. Flip Turn also adds another pivot to potentially get Exploud onto the battle field.

I hope you enjoy the team, have fun! :)
I just realized there was a team for this, and it was 20 days ago. Sorry for not responding sooner, I never got a notif even though I was tagged (smogon notifs dont always work). Thanks for the team, however, looks fun!

Hey i was thinking of a storedpower setup articuno galar with wp. I tried to make a team but i failed miserably. I would like to see how you would make that pls.

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
QUICK UPDATE!!!!

To all of you who've made a request for a team, we are sorry for the delay. We have all been busy with IRL stuff and then the tier shifts just happened and with the mons we lost AND gained, it'll put a damper on building. With that said,

I will be closing the TB Lab temporarily until current requests are caught up with!

Oathkeeper

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

Hey guys, making this quick. We're going to do one megapost here with all the requests made to save room and time

Looking for a fat offense team ft. Goodra preferably w/ specs or ebelt, not really looking for a vest set. Happy to take a banded set if the builder is ready to bring the heat. Prefer if the team is pretty pivot heavy to ease switching into the fat dragon breaker. Maybe something like Sneasel or Jask for cleanup crew?
Got 2 teams for you and they work pretty well. One team has a Volt immunity but struggles vs Fairies, while the other has a better matchup vs. Fairies but no Volt switch-in. Both function great though.

https://pokepast.es/8b0c17d37b172f7e
https://pokepast.es/c31276f2ffc6f9c9

Hi, i have a request for us owo
:ss/indeedee-f: :ss/espeon:
Espeon could be Specs with Expanding Force / 3 slots are up to the teambuilder and Indeedee Female...all up to the builder.

Lmk if thats too hard to build and i wanna request other
https://pokepast.es/fe41731b795c4b80

Hey i was thinking of a storedpower setup articuno galar with wp. I tried to make a team but i failed miserably. I would like to see how you would make that pls.
https://pokepast.es/4a0225d7bd5c889c

https://pokepast.es/5b19c3cd5bfe1ed3

Hello I would like to request a team with a little core I think works
:garbodor: :sylveon:
A spikes team that uses garbodor as the setter and specs sylveon as one of the main abusers, other than that I have no other especifications for the team, last time I made a request it was way to vague so I hope that this is fine :)
Thank you in advance!
https://pokepast.es/f4c34e2087e3cafd

Could go Poltergeist on Dhelmise and make it itemless if you so choose

can i get a bulky offense surrounding specs starmie
https://pokepast.es/143f158d330ce99c

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

So, a couple of things to mention. quziel and Luck O' the Irish have stepped down as active builders due to IRL commitments and/or other commitments. banks is not quite as active either and that is a bummer too. However, this leaves room for adding another builder or two.

We would like to welcome NU council member Meri Berry to the lab staff!

I am looking for 1 or 2 more people. If you're interested, PM me here or on Discord (Oathkeepre#2335)​

I've wanted to use Guzzlord for awhile, but I really have no clue how to build around it, so I'm asking for a team built around guzzlord, can be defensive or banded, I don't mind either, as well as specs sylveon, since that's one of my favorite breakers to use. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
With the amazing edition of the Hidden Ability Capsule from the Crown Tundra, Arctovish's Slush Rush is now available. Unfortunately however, Snow Warning was banned from NU, really hindering Arctovish. Despite this, Arctovish can be deadly with any Hail mon, and what's a better set than Substitute Mixed? Choice Band lol

With Fishious Rend and Freeze Dry, it can be seen as having no resists. May I request a team around Substitute Mixed Arctovish? I'd prefer Metronome as an item but any item can be used if Metronome does not work out. Thank you!

Xerche sorry for the wait on the post, here are the imports

:guzzlord: :sylveon: :dragalge: :copperajah: :rotom-mow: :arcanine:

This team uses a double choice breaker core, relying on the offensive pressure that every Pokemon on the team has to pressure defensive cores such as Vaporeon, Copperajah, Mudsdale, and more. Arcanine is the only purely defensive mon on the team, easing the matchup versus tough bulky threats such as Talonflame and Glastrier. However, every Pokemon on the team has defensive utility, which allows for switchins to most of the tier.

This team struggles a lot against Tyrantrum, and it also has scarf defog, which isn't the best hazard control, but its a fun team.

:sylveon: :guzzlord: :bronzong: :rotom-mow: :talonflame: :inteleon:

Just a quick note, if you don't like the scarfer its completely changeable, scarf Inteleon is just a comfort pick I use to bait and pivot on Vaporeon as well as revenge most common threats such as Scarf Flygon and similar.

This team has more of a defensive backbone, relying on Guzzlord to tank many hits, as well as Bronzong to pivot into things such as Tyrantrum Head Smash. Flash Cannon + Levitate on Bronzong eases the Glastrier matchup, but Earthquake + Heatproof fits on this team as there are 2 ground immunes and it eases the tough MU against AV Copperajah.

This team has more sollid answers to everything, but it struggles a bit more to break. You can use Flare Blitz + Toxic on Talonflame if you need more Toxic spam to chip down teams for Sylveon, but BB + Wisp helps versus Fighting-types and other physical threats.​

Xerche sorry for the wait on the post, here are the imports

:guzzlord: :sylveon: :dragalge: :copperajah: :rotom-mow: :arcanine:

This team uses a double choice breaker core, relying on the offensive pressure that every Pokemon on the team has to pressure defensive cores such as Vaporeon, Copperajah, Mudsdale, and more. Arcanine is the only purely defensive mon on the team, easing the matchup versus tough bulky threats such as Talonflame and Glastrier. However, every Pokemon on the team has defensive utility, which allows for switchins to most of the tier.

This team struggles a lot against Tyrantrum, and it also has scarf defog, which isn't the best hazard control, but its a fun team.

:sylveon: :guzzlord: :bronzong: :rotom-mow: :talonflame: :inteleon:

Just a quick note, if you don't like the scarfer its completely changeable, scarf Inteleon is just a comfort pick I use to bait and pivot on Vaporeon as well as revenge most common threats such as Scarf Flygon and similar.

This team has more of a defensive backbone, relying on Guzzlord to tank many hits, as well as Bronzong to pivot into things such as Tyrantrum Head Smash. Flash Cannon + Levitate on Bronzong eases the Glastrier matchup, but Earthquake + Heatproof fits on this team as there are 2 ground immunes and it eases the tough MU against AV Copperajah.

This team has more sollid answers to everything, but it struggles a bit more to break. You can use Flare Blitz + Toxic on Talonflame if you need more Toxic spam to chip down teams for Sylveon, but BB + Wisp helps versus Fighting-types and other physical threats.​
Thanks for making these, can't wait to try them out!

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
With the amazing edition of the Hidden Ability Capsule from the Crown Tundra, Arctovish's Slush Rush is now available. Unfortunately however, Snow Warning was banned from NU, really hindering Arctovish. Despite this, Arctovish can be deadly with any Hail mon, and what's a better set than Substitute Mixed? Choice Band lol

With Fishious Rend and Freeze Dry, it can be seen as having no resists. May I request a team around Substitute Mixed Arctovish? I'd prefer Metronome as an item but any item can be used if Metronome does not work out. Thank you!
Hey dunderguy got ur mixed Arctovish team ready!

Before I start with the explanation, I want to give a quick disclaimer: Arctovish is a really dissapointing mon. Without Slush Rush, it’s ability to break has been greatly reduced, and even while using sub, it doesn’t do as much as it’s brother Zolt. That being said, this team allows it to have a solid niche by annoying Vaporeons. Now let’s get into the team!

:Arctovish: :Weezing: :guzzlord: :talonflame: :flygon: :Bronzong:

The idea of the team is weaken Vapo with Arctovish and Toxic Spikes so DD Flygon can win late game. Started with Arctovish and Weezing, as Weezing can switch into annoying fighting types and set Toxic Spikes. Since the Metronome nerf, I decided to go with Leftovers on Arctovish to give it a bit of longevity. I started with Sub+Protect, as that seems generally annoying for some teams, but because of its pitiful SpA stat, I decided to try Meteor Beam. The idea behind this is to set up Meteor Beam boosts on Vaporeon, so your Freeze Dry is actually doing significant damage. The Weezing is set to outspeed Sylveon, and the set is pretty standard. I then needed a Specs Decidueye switch in, and the best one around is Guzzlord. Opted for the Resttalk set because it has a ton of longevity. Heavy Slam is for Fairy types like Diancie and Sylveon. I needed a way to get hazards off our side of the field, so I opted for Talonflame. Wanted a SR setter and a Tyrantrum switch in, so I went with Physical D Bronzong. Lastly the team was looking extremely passive, so I went with DD Flygon to take advantage of the weakened Vaporeon. It also gives the team a win condition besides Vish, making the team less passive.

Some Potential Changes:

Flash Cannon>>>Heavy Slam
Flash Cannon is there on Zong for Glastrier, but if you feel like you have a really bad Sylveon match up Heavy Slam is a viable option.

Flare Blitz+Toxic>>>Brave Bird+Will-o-Wisp
I messed around with both, I feel like the team prefers Brave Bird+WoW, but I kept it as Blitz+Toxic because getting a Toxic off on Vaporeon is extremely helpful some games.

Taunt>>>Toxic on Talon or Toxic Spikes on Weezing
Taunt seems like a usable option on either of these to make your opposing fat match up a bit better.

Heavy Slam>>>Dragon Tail
Dtail could be helpful in shuffling opponents around on Toxic Spikes. Also helps with the Offense match up, just figured nuking a Sylveon or Diancie was too good an opportunity to pass up.

A few Replays of the team:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327129912
Vish and Flygon pave the way for a close win vs mi amigo GW

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327136827-0vb3t59l9jyfumzj57pfxtmdq5w5sdhpw
A few questionable(bad) plays by me ;-;
Either way Vish and Weezing did their jobs, allowing Guzzlord to cleanly beat the remaining mons vs my friend skierdude101

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327144556
A really good showing of Vish annoying the hell out of a team vs some dude on ladder

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327139463-lp5869016z0p3xlohjgj5hdzhwjia37pw
Another one vs ski, came down to a close endgame where I’m pretty sure he could’ve won, but the core managed to stay intact with Talonflame and Guzzlord once again walling most of the opponent’s team. DD Flygon weakened Vaporeon into Brave Bird range. Meteor Beam Vish managed to snag a kill too :)

Fun Team, nothing really jumps out as a blatant weakness besides Specs/CM Sylveon and Volt Switch into strong Fighting Type breakers, but there is viable counterplay to those so I think you’ll be fine. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Hey dunderguy got ur mixed Arctovish team ready!

Before I start with the explanation, I want to give a quick disclaimer: Arctovish is a really dissapointing mon. Without Slush Rush, it’s ability to break has been greatly reduced, and even while using sub, it doesn’t do as much as it’s brother Zolt. That being said, this team allows it to have a solid niche by annoying Vaporeons. Now let’s get into the team!

:Arctovish: :Weezing: :guzzlord: :talonflame: :flygon: :Bronzong:

The idea of the team is weaken Vapo with Arctovish and Toxic Spikes so DD Flygon can win late game. Started with Arctovish and Weezing, as Weezing can switch into annoying fighting types and set Toxic Spikes. Since the Metronome nerf, I decided to go with Leftovers on Arctovish to give it a bit of longevity. I started with Sub+Protect, as that seems generally annoying for some teams, but because of its pitiful SpA stat, I decided to try Meteor Beam. The idea behind this is to set up Meteor Beam boosts on Vaporeon, so your Freeze Dry is actually doing significant damage. The Weezing is set to outspeed Sylveon, and the set is pretty standard. I then needed a Specs Decidueye switch in, and the best one around is Guzzlord. Opted for the Resttalk set because it has a ton of longevity. Heavy Slam is for Fairy types like Diancie and Sylveon. I needed a way to get hazards off our side of the field, so I opted for Talonflame. Wanted a SR setter and a Tyrantrum switch in, so I went with Physical D Bronzong. Lastly the team was looking extremely passive, so I went with DD Flygon to take advantage of the weakened Vaporeon. It also gives the team a win condition besides Vish, making the team less passive.

Some Potential Changes:

Flash Cannon>>>Heavy Slam
Flash Cannon is there on Zong for Glastrier, but if you feel like you have a really bad Sylveon match up Heavy Slam is a viable option.

Flare Blitz+Toxic>>>Brave Bird+Will-o-Wisp
I messed around with both, I feel like the team prefers Brave Bird+WoW, but I kept it as Blitz+Toxic because getting a Toxic off on Vaporeon is extremely helpful some games.

Taunt>>>Toxic on Talon or Toxic Spikes on Weezing
Taunt seems like a usable option on either of these to make your opposing fat match up a bit better.

Heavy Slam>>>Dragon Tail
Dtail could be helpful in shuffling opponents around on Toxic Spikes. Also helps with the Offense match up, just figured nuking a Sylveon or Diancie was too good an opportunity to pass up.

A few Replays of the team:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327129912
Vish and Flygon pave the way for a close win vs mi amigo GW

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327136827-0vb3t59l9jyfumzj57pfxtmdq5w5sdhpw
A few questionable(bad) plays by me ;-;
Either way Vish and Weezing did their jobs, allowing Guzzlord to cleanly beat the remaining mons vs my friend skierdude101

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327144556
A really good showing of Vish annoying the hell out of a team vs some dude on ladder

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1327139463-lp5869016z0p3xlohjgj5hdzhwjia37pw
Another one vs ski, came down to a close endgame where I’m pretty sure he could’ve won, but the core managed to stay intact with Talonflame and Guzzlord once again walling most of the opponent’s team. DD Flygon weakened Vaporeon into Brave Bird range. Meteor Beam Vish managed to snag a kill too :)

Fun Team, nothing really jumps out as a blatant weakness besides Specs/CM Sylveon and Volt Switch into strong Fighting Type breakers, but there is viable counterplay to those so I think you’ll be fine. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Thank you so much!! I'll be sure to use this!

uhh i request a viable unpredictable team

roxiee: please read the rules and request a Pokemon or core like everyone else
mainly Dragon dance flinch with maybe a lapras?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)