Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
B>A>G>C=D=E=F=H=I
H>D>A>B=C=E=F=G=I
G>B>D>A=C=E=F=H=I
D>B>A>C=E=F=G=I
G>D>B>A=C=E=F=H=I
B>G>C>A=D=E=F=H=I
If we input this here, the winner is team B by Tapeworm!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 27: Weavile

Here's another ice cold killer: Weavile! Ever since Cinderace and Magearna have left the scene, Weavile has experienced a huge uptick in usage.
You have one week to submit a team featuring Weavile. Good luck!​

Dark Impetus, my Weavile team
:weavile: :corviknight: :slowking-galar: :tapu fini: :garchomp: :zeraora:
Huge, fat thank you to Savouras for helping me build this team.
https://pokepast.es/8ff0b08eb9f4eb6c
Blitz (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Slowking-Galar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

:weavile: Kicking off this team is the shivery slasher, Weavile. I chose to make it hold a Choice Band for the raw, immediate power it gives, and it also allows me to run an attack in the last moveslot, which is where Swords Dance would usually take its place. Low Kick is the move in that slot to hit mons like Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. With Tapu Fini and Clefable in the tier, it is also a good option to go for Poison Jab, to net a clean 2 hit KO on both. Sadly, this set is susceptible to chip damage like Stealth Rocks, and usually cannot come in for free. Its defensive typing and frailty are the causes for this.
:corviknight: To combat some of these weaknesses, the next Pokemon is the dauntless Corviknight. Its bulk is very nice coupled with its defensive typing of Flying and Steel. This allows it to be a great defensive asset to this team. The Rocky Helmet was given to this bird to punish any conact moves that come its way. A good portion of Pokemon that can smash Weavile's fragile skull in can be beat by Corviknight, like Kartana, Rillaboom, Sand Rush Excadrill, Melmetal, Tyranitar, and more, which is a great help. Corviknight also greatly benefits Weavile because its Defog can clear the field of the Pesky Sneaky Pebbles™, and its slow U-Turn(26 Speed IVs allow it to underspeed Pelipper and outspeed Pokemon like Tyranitar and Hippowdon while still being slow)gets Weavile in for free.
:slowking galar: This monarch is a good addition to the team due to its ability to eat special attacks(truly a meal for a king)and easily regenerate it off. Slowking with its bevy of coverage allows it to run Assault Vest well, and combined with Regenerator, it doesn't need a recovery move. Before Slowking was added, Corviknight and Weavile turned to ash at the sight of a Heatran. But now we have Slowking with the Earthquake tech to fend off Heatrans coming in to steal your royal lunch money. Moving on to other moves, Flamethrower is a good option to fend off Ferrothorns, and Sludge bomb is a nice STAB move that has a good poison chance. The main attraction here is obviously Future Sight, which was an underrated move before, but now a good strategy that pushes a wallbreaker(like Weavile)'s strength to new heights, due to the pressure a ticking bomb like this can put on your opponent.
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini is a good specially defensive Pokemon in this team combined with Slowking, and its typing gives this team the resistances it needed, like Fire and Water. It defensively beats many threats like non-Thunderbolt Latios and Dragapult, Urshifu-Rapid Strike, Hydreigon, Heatran, and more. Its checks like Ferrothorn and Toxapex switching into it will be greeted with a nasty surprise because of the health-halving Nature's Madness, which can be the damage needed to open doors for Weavile and the last two Pokemon.
:garchomp: Returning to offensive threats, we have the iconic Garchomp, our Stealth Rocks Pebbles setter and one of my Electric immunities. It also serves as a strong Swords Dancer, due to its great EdgeQuake coverage. This Pokemon can force many switches, which is great because it can allow Garchomp to get its Pebbles up or do a lil dance, then proceed to kill everything slower than it. I chose this Pokemon over Landorus-Therian because of its Dragon typing and higher speed. Its also a small (but nice) advantage that it can punish contact for a little bit of chip while not activating Zapdos-Galar's scary Defiant ability.
:Zeraora: The final Pokemon here is the speed demon Zeraora. I chose this Pokemon over Tapu Koko because of its superior speed, coverage and Electric immunity(get trolled Regieleki). I also did not want any conflicting Terrains, because I liked the benefit of no status moves Tapu Fini's Misty Terrain gave me. Returning to Zeraora's strengths, its a very fast offensive pivot that goes in and out with relative ease due to Volt switch and its item, the Heavy-Duty Boots. Its coverage moves, Close Combat and Knock Off are very useful tools, namely being able to hit Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Blissey, Hydreigon, etc. and item displacement (also Slowking-G, a good Tapu Koko check also gets its ass beat by Knock off).

Thank you very much for reading, and have a good day.

Team name was based on the battle theme of one of the most bullshit superbosses in Kingdom Hearts history, the Mysterious Figure. The reason why this team + its description was posted so quickly was because this team was actually in my builder around a week before this week's competition started. How convenient.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Choice Band Weavile Bulky Offense
:landorus-therian: :slowking: :volcarona: :weavile: :heatran: :tornadus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Defog
description: this bulky offense team is built around cb weavile with stealth rock landorus-t and defog tornadus-t, landorus-t and slowking check opposing heatran and weakens it for volcarona, landorus-t also checks zeraora and tapu koko and slowking checks nidoking, latios, and tapu lele. volcarona with quiver dance is incredibly difficult to deal with after a boost and it can pressure rillaboom, kartana, and hydreigon. weaviles item is choice band to pressure a lot of pokemon with a strong, boosted knock off. heatran has the specially defensive set but its 3rd slot is dragon pulse to be able to pressure dragapult better and it can also lure in hydreigon and other dragon-types such as latios and dragonite. tornadus-t checks rillaboom, kartana, and tapu bulu and it has focus blast to help itself out versus opposing heatran and also melmetal.

King's Rock Weavile + Magnezone Balance

i decided to run kings rock weavile as an approach for building this team. amazing for generating 50/50s when you eventually fish for a flinch and an SD set as a wincon.

backed the defensive core with slowking + tang + corv because kart is my worst enemy and with the members it made a massive weakness. i backed it with regen longevity to check threats defensively, examples being kartana, landorus-t, lele, heatran, and rilla. slowking is an amazing staple to weavile because FS support lets you break through pex and nab important KO's / go for the roll.

magnezone and nidoking are my last two members for the team because i wanted a specially offensive presence and a way to trap ferrothorn and corv. ferro will seed everything and get free switch-ins + momentum, so i used the sub + bp set to help this matter. corv will just sit on the team so i gave nidoking tbolt to remedy that.

at a quicker glance this looks like a looney tunes cartoon tbf but i hope you enjoy

magnezone should be 140 speed
https://pokepast.es/627a995e7faba81a

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Some standard stuff, where Weavile acts as a fast mode and a breaker, together with Nidoking and Heatran. This offensive core matches up really well versus fatter teams, and the pivoting part consisting of Corviknight and Slowking enhances its efficiency while, alongside Clefable, also offering counterplay to many important threats and protecting the team's offensive part from faster Pokemon.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
:weavile: :reuniclus: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :zapdos:

Kings Rock Weavile + LO Reuniclus

Weavile @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
- Scald

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Description

This is a cool combo I found while looking at teambuilder. Weavile is an anti-lead and a win-con for the team, creating deciding 50/50s with flinches, and SD making it more fearsome than it already is. Reuniclus works well as an ally with its unresisted coverage and good bulk allowing to fare well against multiple Weavile checks.

Clefable is here as a bulky offensive presence with coverage in Thunderbolt and reliable recovery in Soft Boiled. I did this because I felt like the team needed some sort of defensive back-bone if it wanted to succeed, but still wanted to maintain some sort of offensive presence. Which leads me to my Slowking, which is just the standard set, which just does Slowking things, walling Special attackers, Future Sight support, etc.

Landorus-Therian allows the team rocks along with a great offensive presence that further enables the other team members’ offensive presence with momentum and the chip of Rocks. And finally, Zapdos exists as a solid offensive presence that brings Defog to the table.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there :afrostar:

Three Man Weavile
:weavile::skarmory::slowking::blissey::Landorus-Therian::zeraora:

This team was built around the Weavile with Spikes support which can help it clean late game. I went with a Choice Banded set since I've grown very fond of its wallbreaking capabilities and it does very well with Future Sight support. Zeraora is here for speed control and as an extra Future Sight abuser since it and Weavile can put a lot of pressure on opposing teams. The two can also pressure out common Defog users like Mandibuzz, Zapdos and Corviknight which can prevent them from Defogging away the Spikes. Slowking helps with common wallbreakers like Heatran and Tapu Lele and to offer said Future Sight support to Weavile. Blissey offers free switch ins for Weavile with Teleport and offers Stealth Rocks to the team. LandorusT helps out against Zeraora, and Dracozolt, and eases pressure on Skarmory to check threats like opposing LandorusT, Excadrill and Garchomp. This team has performed well in my experience hopefully you'll like it too.
Bye :blobwizard:

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Heavy Metal Influence Type Team

:crawdaunt::rillaboom::kartana::garchomp::dragonite::weavile:
I was looking for somewhere to share ideas on offense teams and stumbled upon this thread. I went on a small building spree recently and thought i'd share the above team. The team revolves around the most consistent priority users in the tier, Weavile Rillaboom and Crawdaunt. These three allow you to clean lategame with strong STAB priority attacks. Garchomp helps get us rocks while helping weaken Landorus, Ferrothorn and friends with strong STAB Dracos and LO Fire Blast. Chomp is your main Heatran switchin but Dragonite can also abuse Heatran to set up. Dragapult is likely the team's biggest threat. You do have tools to help stop it, but a well played Dragapult can be a huge issue. Grassy Seed Hawlucha can be slotted over Dragonite to help outpace Dragapult. You can opt for Scarf Rillaboom to outspeed Pult and OHKO with Knock Off. You can run a scarf Landorus potentially over Garchomp, or even a Scarf Stealth Rocks Garchomp to help with Dragapult. Focus Sash on Garchomp may also help you surprise Dragapult and score the knock out with Draco Meteor. I have had success with this version and have been able to maneuver the team in a way to beat Pult. But make no mistake, if a good player has a Heavy Duty Boots U-Turn Dragapult, you're not going to win the game. The obvious answer would be to add an AV Magearna, but Gear was recently banned and that's the reason Dragapult is starting to gain so much popularity to begin with. Overall, true Hyper Offense isn't used by many players as it takes a while to get the hang of. But strong priority based teams have a lot of positives and can shut down your opponent's options. I've loved Adamant Kartana specifically and think it should be used more to bust through teams. If you like offense you might like giving this a try! Edit: Bisharp is a good way to pack something for dragapult if you can find a way to pack it in. Scizor is also a nice priority option in general for OU.

EDIT:

Man Killed America

:magnezone::kartana::weavile::crawdaunt::landorus-therian::dragonite:
Ok guys i'm sorry but I had a couple of crazy ideas while sleeping i'm not sure the rules but I did not want to make a second post so i'm editing two teams in here. Weavile has a ton of offensive potential and I think Magnezone makes a really good pairing. This team abuses Triple Knock Off users to remove Shed Shells on things like Corviknight and Skarmory to make sure you trap and kill them. Garchomp over Landorus can give you a more consistent Heatran switch-in at the cost of a Ground immunity. SpDef U-Turn landorus is also an option but doesn't fit 100% with the theme of the team. But could work. I thought about Stone Edge on Dragonite in order to OHKO Tornadus, which is really annoying, but then I realized Outrage is probably better as it gives you a good revenge killer against Kingdra in the Rain. Dragon Claw is also a more consistent option to make sure you're always going to be able to kill Kingdra as long as you keep your multiscale. Scarf Kartana is probably more consistent to outspeed things like Dragapult and Tornadus which are a huge pain for this team. Tapu Koko is an option over Magnezone and I have a version of this team with Tapu Koko below for that reason alone. Banded Weavile is probably a better fit for this team to allow for immediate power if you go with Scarf Kartana. But i'm kind of throwing caution to the wind here as far as speed control goes to totally dominate the Bulky Offense / Balance matchups. This type of build also fairs much better against stall. You pick and chose your weaknesses in the builder, that's for sure. Overall I think there is a lot of potential with this and there's something beautiful to be said about Knock Off spam + Magnezone. Scarf Steel Beam on Magnezone traps and OHKOs Kartana, which would otherwise be a huge problem.

Remorseless Poison

:tapu koko::kartana::weavile::crawdaunt::landorus-therian::hawlucha:
This is probably the most aggressive of the three. Tapu Koko gives you the most reliable Tornadus answer in the game. You can go for Specs Koko here specifically since your main plan is to add on damage as quickly as possible. +2 Crawdaunt does a nice job of baiting and OHKOing Ferrothorn so Koko has an easier time spamming STAB attacks. Hawlucha can also use Ferrothorn as a setup opportunity as long as they lack Thunder Wave. Overall you should be able to pressure Ferrothorn until Weavile can safely set up and knock it out. Scizor is probably your toughest matchup. Fire Blast Garchomp over Landorus can help with Scizor to an extent and again offers a better Heatran answer. But losing Landorus means you don't have an early game Ground immunity. SpDef U-Turn Lando again can helps vs Heatran and Toxic to help vs opposing Lando. But losing offensive options like Stone Edge and Explosion hurt you against Zapdos and Fini among other things. Hawlucha rarely offers much support as an early game ground immunity. As per usual you have Dragapult issues etc. Jolly Kartana here because Urshifu-Rapid Strike is really annoying for Weavile and Crawdaunt. Poison Jab Hawlucha helps you against annoying Koko. Losing Stone Edge is annoying but you can weaken Zapdos with Weavile, Crawdaunt, Jolly Stone Edge / Explosion Lando and Banded Kart Knock Off. Jolly Lando also helps with annoying Fini. You could try to fit Poison Jab onto Weavile to help bait Fini, which would open up things for Crawdaunt. Probably Banded Weavile would be the way to go at that point. Or just dropping Ice Shard. Wide Lens is also an option on Weavile to increase Triple Axel accuracy to 99% per hit.

I'm sure there a lot of offensive teams and concepts with Weavile but wanted to edit these in since the round is still open! Wanted to share my ideas. Thanks for reading :p

Last edited:

i decided to run kings rock weavile as an approach for building this team. amazing for generating 50/50s when you eventually fish for a flinch and an SD set as a wincon.

backed the defensive core with slowking + tang + corv because kart is my worst enemy and with the members it made a massive weakness. i backed it with regen longevity to check threats defensively, examples being kartana, landorus-t, lele, heatran, and rilla. slowking is an amazing staple to weavile because FS support lets you break through pex and nab important KO's / go for the roll.

magnezone and nidoking are my last two members for the team because i wanted a specially offensive presence and a way to trap ferrothorn and corv. ferro will seed everything and get free switch-ins + momentum, so i used the sub + bp set to help this matter. corv will just sit on the team so i gave nidoking tbolt to remedy that.

at a quicker glance this looks like a looney tunes cartoon tbf but i hope you enjoy

You have pretty much no reason to go for tbolt on Nido instead of flame or fire blast imo . Great team tho!

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
weavile + latios bulky offense
:weavile::ferrothorn::clefable::slowking::landorus-therian::latios:

This team is primarily centered around Choice Specs Latios and Swords Dance Weavile as the offensive core, with lots of easy momentum through Teleport and U-turn from the defensive core. Latios lures and breaks through Steel-types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Melmetal for Weavile to clean up late-game, especially when aided with Spikes support. It can also run through teams without Dragon-type resists by itself with its insanely strong boosted Draco Meteor. The defensive core here of physically defensive Ferrothorn + mixed defense Clefable + Slowking + defensive Landorus-T is extremely difficult to break through. Ferrothorn is a check to common offensive threats like Garchomp, Kartana, Excadrill, Melmetal, and much more, and can provide Spikes and Knock Off support to help whittle Steel-types for the Weavile sweep late-game. Clefable provides utility in the form of Knock Off and Thunder Wave spam and ensures I don't get 6-0d by Kyurem. Slowking gives me a special wall and form of easy momentum into Latios, with Dragon Tail > Future Sight to force special attackers setting up like Reuniclus or Latias out, and ensure I don't get trapped by Heatran. Landorus-T is obviously here for Stealth Rock and more insurance vs physical attackers and Ground or Electric-types like Zeraora, Excadrill, and Garchomp to preserve Ferrothorn's health.

This team has no removal, but considering 5/6 of its members are immune to Spikes and 3/6 are immune to Stealth Rock it's not 100% necessary. It is slightly weak to Knock Off spam, considering nothing here wants to lose its item, and Kartana in particular is a pain to deal with without a more dedicated Flying-type check. Choice Specs Latios is an insane wallbreaker if you get the 50-50s right, however, and is extremely good at letting Weavile clean up lategame.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by oliVes
Dark Impetus, my Weavile team
:weavile: :corviknight: :slowking-galar: :tapu fini: :garchomp: :zeraora:
Huge, fat thank you to Savouras for helping me build this team.
https://pokepast.es/8ff0b08eb9f4eb6c
Blitz (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Slowking-Galar (M) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

:weavile: Kicking off this team is the shivery slasher, Weavile. I chose to make it hold a Choice Band for the raw, immediate power it gives, and it also allows me to run an attack in the last moveslot, which is where Swords Dance would usually take its place. Low Kick is the move in that slot to hit mons like Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. With Tapu Fini and Clefable in the tier, it is also a good option to go for Poison Jab, to net a clean 2 hit KO on both. Sadly, this set is susceptible to chip damage like Stealth Rocks, and usually cannot come in for free. Its defensive typing and frailty are the causes for this.
:corviknight: To combat some of these weaknesses, the next Pokemon is the dauntless Corviknight. Its bulk is very nice coupled with its defensive typing of Flying and Steel. This allows it to be a great defensive asset to this team. The Rocky Helmet was given to this bird to punish any conact moves that come its way. A good portion of Pokemon that can smash Weavile's fragile skull in can be beat by Corviknight, like Kartana, Rillaboom, Sand Rush Excadrill, Melmetal, Tyranitar, and more, which is a great help. Corviknight also greatly benefits Weavile because its Defog can clear the field of the Pesky Sneaky Pebbles™, and its slow U-Turn(26 Speed IVs allow it to underspeed Pelipper and outspeed Pokemon like Tyranitar and Hippowdon while still being slow)gets Weavile in for free.
:slowking galar: This monarch is a good addition to the team due to its ability to eat special attacks(truly a meal for a king)and easily regenerate it off. Slowking with its bevy of coverage allows it to run Assault Vest well, and combined with Regenerator, it doesn't need a recovery move. Before Slowking was added, Corviknight and Weavile turned to ash at the sight of a Heatran. But now we have Slowking with the Earthquake tech to fend off Heatrans coming in to steal your royal lunch money. Moving on to other moves, Flamethrower is a good option to fend off Ferrothorns, and Sludge bomb is a nice STAB move that has a good poison chance. The main attraction here is obviously Future Sight, which was an underrated move before, but now a good strategy that pushes a wallbreaker(like Weavile)'s strength to new heights, due to the pressure a ticking bomb like this can put on your opponent.
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini is a good specially defensive Pokemon in this team combined with Slowking, and its typing gives this team the resistances it needed, like Fire and Water. It defensively beats many threats like non-Thunderbolt Latios and Dragapult, Urshifu-Rapid Strike, Hydreigon, Heatran, and more. Its checks like Ferrothorn and Toxapex switching into it will be greeted with a nasty surprise because of the health-halving Nature's Madness, which can be the damage needed to open doors for Weavile and the last two Pokemon.
:garchomp: Returning to offensive threats, we have the iconic Garchomp, our Stealth Rocks Pebbles setter and one of my Electric immunities. It also serves as a strong Swords Dancer, due to its great EdgeQuake coverage. This Pokemon can force many switches, which is great because it can allow Garchomp to get its Pebbles up or do a lil dance, then proceed to kill everything slower than it. I chose this Pokemon over Landorus-Therian because of its Dragon typing and higher speed. Its also a small (but nice) advantage that it can punish contact for a little bit of chip while not activating Zapdos-Galar's scary Defiant ability.
:Zeraora: The final Pokemon here is the speed demon Zeraora. I chose this Pokemon over Tapu Koko because of its superior speed, coverage and Electric immunity(get trolled Regieleki). I also did not want any conflicting Terrains, because I liked the benefit of no status moves Tapu Fini's Misty Terrain gave me. Returning to Zeraora's strengths, its a very fast offensive pivot that goes in and out with relative ease due to Volt switch and its item, the Heavy-Duty Boots. Its coverage moves, Close Combat and Knock Off are very useful tools, namely being able to hit Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Blissey, Hydreigon, etc. and item displacement (also Slowking-G, a good Tapu Koko check also gets its ass beat by Knock off).

Thank you very much for reading, and have a good day.

Team name was based on the battle theme of one of the most bullshit superbosses in Kingdom Hearts history, the Mysterious Figure. The reason why this team + its description was posted so quickly was because this team was actually in my builder around a week before this week's competition started. How convenient.
Team B by Katy
Choice Band Weavile Bulky Offense
:landorus-therian: :slowking: :volcarona: :weavile: :heatran: :tornadus-therian:
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Defog
description: this bulky offense team is built around cb weavile with stealth rock landorus-t and defog tornadus-t, landorus-t and slowking check opposing heatran and weakens it for volcarona, landorus-t also checks zeraora and tapu koko and slowking checks nidoking, latios, and tapu lele. volcarona with quiver dance is incredibly difficult to deal with after a boost and it can pressure rillaboom, kartana, and hydreigon. weaviles item is choice band to pressure a lot of pokemon with a strong, boosted knock off. heatran has the specially defensive set but its 3rd slot is dragon pulse to be able to pressure dragapult better and it can also lure in hydreigon and other dragon-types such as latios and dragonite. tornadus-t checks rillaboom, kartana, and tapu bulu and it has focus blast to help itself out versus opposing heatran and also melmetal.
Team C by t045t3r

Team D by Egor

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Some standard stuff, where Weavile acts as a fast mode and a breaker, together with Nidoking and Heatran. This offensive core matches up really well versus fatter teams, and the pivoting part consisting of Corviknight and Slowking enhances its efficiency while, alongside Clefable, also offering counterplay to many important threats and protecting the team's offensive part from faster Pokemon.
Team E by BreakthrU89
:weavile: :reuniclus: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :slowking: :zapdos:

Kings Rock Weavile + LO Reuniclus

Weavile @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
- Scald

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Description

This is a cool combo I found while looking at teambuilder. Weavile is an anti-lead and a win-con for the team, creating deciding 50/50s with flinches, and SD making it more fearsome than it already is. Reuniclus works well as an ally with its unresisted coverage and good bulk allowing to fare well against multiple Weavile checks.

Clefable is here as a bulky offensive presence with coverage in Thunderbolt and reliable recovery in Soft Boiled. I did this because I felt like the team needed some sort of defensive back-bone if it wanted to succeed, but still wanted to maintain some sort of offensive presence. Which leads me to my Slowking, which is just the standard set, which just does Slowking things, walling Special attackers, Future Sight support, etc.

Landorus-Therian allows the team rocks along with a great offensive presence that further enables the other team members’ offensive presence with momentum and the chip of Rocks. And finally, Zapdos exists as a solid offensive presence that brings Defog to the table.
Team F by Abhisdn417
Hey there :afrostar:

Three Man Weavile
:weavile::skarmory::slowking::blissey::Landorus-Therian::zeraora:

This team was built around the Weavile with Spikes support which can help it clean late game. I went with a Choice Banded set since I've grown very fond of its wallbreaking capabilities and it does very well with Future Sight support. Zeraora is here for speed control and as an extra Future Sight abuser since it and Weavile can put a lot of pressure on opposing teams. The two can also pressure out common Defog users like Mandibuzz, Zapdos and Corviknight which can prevent them from Defogging away the Spikes. Slowking helps with common wallbreakers like Heatran and Tapu Lele and to offer said Future Sight support to Weavile. Blissey offers free switch ins for Weavile with Teleport and offers Stealth Rocks to the team. LandorusT helps out against Zeraora, and Dracozolt, and eases pressure on Skarmory to check threats like opposing LandorusT, Excadrill and Garchomp. This team has performed well in my experience hopefully you'll like it too.
Bye :blobwizard:
Team G by Valentine
Heavy Metal Influence Type Team

:crawdaunt::rillaboom::kartana::garchomp::dragonite::weavile:
I was looking for somewhere to share ideas on offense teams and stumbled upon this thread. I went on a small building spree recently and thought i'd share the above team. The team revolves around the most consistent priority users in the tier, Weavile Rillaboom and Crawdaunt. These three allow you to clean lategame with strong STAB priority attacks. Garchomp helps get us rocks while helping weaken Landorus, Ferrothorn and friends with strong STAB Dracos and LO Fire Blast. Chomp is your main Heatran switchin but Dragonite can also abuse Heatran to set up. Dragapult is likely the team's biggest threat. You do have tools to help stop it, but a well played Dragapult can be a huge issue. Grassy Seed Hawlucha can be slotted over Dragonite to help outpace Dragapult. You can opt for Scarf Rillaboom to outspeed Pult and OHKO with Knock Off. You can run a scarf Landorus potentially over Garchomp, or even a Scarf Stealth Rocks Garchomp to help with Dragapult. Focus Sash on Garchomp may also help you surprise Dragapult and score the knock out with Draco Meteor. I have had success with this version and have been able to maneuver the team in a way to beat Pult. But make no mistake, if a good player has a Heavy Duty Boots U-Turn Dragapult, you're not going to win the game. The obvious answer would be to add an AV Magearna, but Gear was recently banned and that's the reason Dragapult is starting to gain so much popularity to begin with. Overall, true Hyper Offense isn't used by many players as it takes a while to get the hang of. But strong priority based teams have a lot of positives and can shut down your opponent's options. I've loved Adamant Kartana specifically and think it should be used more to bust through teams. If you like offense you might like giving this a try! Edit: Bisharp is a good way to pack something for dragapult if you can find a way to pack it in. Scizor is also a nice priority option in general for OU.

EDIT:

Man Killed America

:magnezone::kartana::weavile::crawdaunt::landorus-therian::dragonite:
Ok guys i'm sorry but I had a couple of crazy ideas while sleeping i'm not sure the rules but I did not want to make a second post so i'm editing two teams in here. Weavile has a ton of offensive potential and I think Magnezone makes a really good pairing. This team abuses Triple Knock Off users to remove Shed Shells on things like Corviknight and Skarmory to make sure you trap and kill them. Garchomp over Landorus can give you a more consistent Heatran switch-in at the cost of a Ground immunity. SpDef U-Turn landorus is also an option but doesn't fit 100% with the theme of the team. But could work. I thought about Stone Edge on Dragonite in order to OHKO Tornadus, which is really annoying, but then I realized Outrage is probably better as it gives you a good revenge killer against Kingdra in the Rain. Dragon Claw is also a more consistent option to make sure you're always going to be able to kill Kingdra as long as you keep your multiscale. Scarf Kartana is probably more consistent to outspeed things like Dragapult and Tornadus which are a huge pain for this team. Tapu Koko is an option over Magnezone and I have a version of this team with Tapu Koko below for that reason alone. Banded Weavile is probably a better fit for this team to allow for immediate power if you go with Scarf Kartana. But i'm kind of throwing caution to the wind here as far as speed control goes to totally dominate the Bulky Offense / Balance matchups. This type of build also fairs much better against stall. You pick and chose your weaknesses in the builder, that's for sure. Overall I think there is a lot of potential with this and there's something beautiful to be said about Knock Off spam + Magnezone. Scarf Steel Beam on Magnezone traps and OHKOs Kartana, which would otherwise be a huge problem.

Remorseless Poison

:tapu koko::kartana::weavile::crawdaunt::landorus-therian::hawlucha:
This is probably the most aggressive of the three. Tapu Koko gives you the most reliable Tornadus answer in the game. You can go for Specs Koko here specifically since your main plan is to add on damage as quickly as possible. +2 Crawdaunt does a nice job of baiting and OHKOing Ferrothorn so Koko has an easier time spamming STAB attacks. Hawlucha can also use Ferrothorn as a setup opportunity as long as they lack Thunder Wave. Overall you should be able to pressure Ferrothorn until Weavile can safely set up and knock it out. Scizor is probably your toughest matchup. Fire Blast Garchomp over Landorus can help with Scizor to an extent and again offers a better Heatran answer. But losing Landorus means you don't have an early game Ground immunity. SpDef U-Turn Lando again can helps vs Heatran and Toxic to help vs opposing Lando. But losing offensive options like Stone Edge and Explosion hurt you against Zapdos and Fini among other things. Hawlucha rarely offers much support as an early game ground immunity. As per usual you have Dragapult issues etc. Jolly Kartana here because Urshifu-Rapid Strike is really annoying for Weavile and Crawdaunt. Poison Jab Hawlucha helps you against annoying Koko. Losing Stone Edge is annoying but you can weaken Zapdos with Weavile, Crawdaunt, Jolly Stone Edge / Explosion Lando and Banded Kart Knock Off. Jolly Lando also helps with annoying Fini. You could try to fit Poison Jab onto Weavile to help bait Fini, which would open up things for Crawdaunt. Probably Banded Weavile would be the way to go at that point. Or just dropping Ice Shard. Wide Lens is also an option on Weavile to increase Triple Axel accuracy to 99% per hit.

I'm sure there a lot of offensive teams and concepts with Weavile but wanted to edit these in since the round is still open! Wanted to share my ideas. Thanks for reading :p
Team H by ashwins72
weavile + latios bulky offense
:weavile::ferrothorn::clefable::slowking::landorus-therian::latios:

This team is primarily centered around Choice Specs Latios and Swords Dance Weavile as the offensive core, with lots of easy momentum through Teleport and U-turn from the defensive core. Latios lures and breaks through Steel-types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Melmetal for Weavile to clean up late-game, especially when aided with Spikes support. It can also run through teams without Dragon-type resists by itself with its insanely strong boosted Draco Meteor. The defensive core here of physically defensive Ferrothorn + mixed defense Clefable + Slowking + defensive Landorus-T is extremely difficult to break through. Ferrothorn is a check to common offensive threats like Garchomp, Kartana, Excadrill, Melmetal, and much more, and can provide Spikes and Knock Off support to help whittle Steel-types for the Weavile sweep late-game. Clefable provides utility in the form of Knock Off and Thunder Wave spam and ensures I don't get 6-0d by Kyurem. Slowking gives me a special wall and form of easy momentum into Latios, with Dragon Tail > Future Sight to force special attackers setting up like Reuniclus or Latias out, and ensure I don't get trapped by Heatran. Landorus-T is obviously here for Stealth Rock and more insurance vs physical attackers and Ground or Electric-types like Zeraora, Excadrill, and Garchomp to preserve Ferrothorn's health.

This team has no removal, but considering 5/6 of its members are immune to Spikes and 3/6 are immune to Stealth Rock it's not 100% necessary. It is slightly weak to Knock Off spam, considering nothing here wants to lose its item, and Kartana in particular is a pain to deal with without a more dedicated Flying-type check. Choice Specs Latios is an insane wallbreaker if you get the 50-50s right, however, and is extremely good at letting Weavile clean up lategame.
You have 2 days to vote.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
G > Everything else voted as equal.

Voting based on first team, which I think is physical offense done right. Ignoring the others for purpose of thread regardless thanks for the extra contributions Valentine.

Last edited:

Ruft

OU Leader
The voting phase is over, sorry for being massively late with this. These are the votes:
D>F>A=B=C=E=G=H
G>F>E>H>A>C>D
G>B>H>F>D>A>C
G>A=B=C=D=E=F=H
D>F>G>A>B>C>H>E
G>F>E>H>B>A>C>D
B>F>H>A=C=D=E
G>H>B>D>A=C=E=F
G>H>D>A>B=C=E=F
If we input this here, the winner is team G by Valentine!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 28: Scizor

Scizor has been making waves recently. Not only does it have many attractive defensive traits, posing a solid check to threats like Rillaboom, Kyurem, Tapu Lele, and Weavile, but it can be potent offensively as well. You have one week to submit a team featuring Scizor. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Swords Dance Scizor VoltTurn with Choice Scarf Kartana

:garchomp: :scizor: :rotom-wash: :dragapult: :tornadus-therian: :kartana:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Defog

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
this team is built around to get in scizor as safe as possible with the help of garchomp setting up stealth rocks and moreover dragapult helping out with status and hex. garchomp can check electric-types such as zeraora and tapu koko, whereas scizor can check kyurem for it. rotom-wash is an amazing pivot and in combination with dragapult and tornadus-t a great and effective voltturn team. tornadus-t checks grass-types such as rillaboom and kartana. focus blast is there to hit heatran, whereas kartana is a strong wallbreaker with the choice scarf set and a strong knock off alongside its great dual-stab.​

Scizor Balance
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team revolves around scizor and urshifu chipping mons by pivoting out and slowly breaking down popular cores and offensive teams. Teams that abuse Lando-T, Kyurem, Nidoking, and Heatran all fall to this U turn core, for on the switch in either scizor or urshifu u turn out to one of the breakers on the team. Teams that also rely on defensive cores die to this heavy hitting offensive core. Blissey and toxapex are mainly to cover scizors fire type weakness (special and physical), and tornadus is aimed to cripple defensive mons as well as defog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)