Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I would like to build a sword dance lucario ru team, I've been trying to go hyper offense but I don't know if I'm going wrong somewhere, lucario is my favourite ru pokemon for having a flexible movepool and cool design. I would very much appreciate your help please and thank you.

SD Lucario is a good fit on hyper offense as you said, it needs some support to facilitate a sweep becuse of prominent Pokemon like Cobalion that instantly revenge-kill it. This can be done through Tailwind (as MrAldo did above); I chose to do it with Sticky Webs.

https://pokepast.es/031f6c5b89c7f466

Ribombee sets webs, Necrozma sets Rocks and generally just breaks a ton of stuff with its powerful attacks. I almost always lead with these 2 in either order.

SD Lucario comes next; it hits extremely hard after an SD, and Webs support helps it get past typical Normal resists that would revenge it like Cobalion. If you really want to not be walled by Chandelure, you can run Crunch > SD, since with an LO p much nothing avoids being 2HKOd; however, that costs you some sweeping potential (plus you requested SD, so just hope you dont run into Chandelure).

Note that Adamant nature can help to guarantee the +2 ESpeed OHKO on Thundurus but makes you slower than Chandelure (and thus even more screwed over by it).

Bulk Up 3 Attacks Zarude, which isn't that common, really helps Lucario sweep by weakening Noivern into range of its ESpeed or using up Cobalion's Chople Berry if it has one. Boots is nice for random stuff like opposing webs as well as making it generally harder to revenge kill by keeping it at 100%. Other items are cool here, though. You can use Lum Berry to make up for no Jungle Healing, Chople Berry to setup to +2 on Cobalion, or Coba Berry to muscle through Togekiss and Hurricane Noivern more easily.

Raikou helps the matchup against opposing Electrics like Thundurus and Xurkitree; having no Ground isn't ideal, but Raikou+Zarude is ok because with Webs up you should never lose to Scarf Xurkitree, which is outsped by your entire team. CM + Shuca Berry helps you break through Seismitoad, letting you beat it after Aura Sphering it on the switch once, which Lucario appreciates.

Mimikyu is my cleaner of choice; the typing helps against Noivern, always a threat to Webs, and lets you spinblock (although spinners are rare).

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Id like to request a team with choice band bewear and any variant of dragalge two very powerful hitters on their respective sides, i feel they could make a decent core
gonna go out on a limb and say that my team request was buried or forgotten since it has been 3 weeks, no rush take your time, I know you guys have lives other then this

Expulso

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
gonna go out on a limb and say that my team request was buried or forgotten since it has been 3 weeks, no rush take your time, I know you guys have lives other then this
Iirc we had trouble using CB bewear + Drag bc both are sort of uncommon Pokemon in RU (mostly Bewear), we might try to split it up into 2 different teams for Bewear / Dragalge or use a different CB fighter over bear but will do our best. So sorry for not talking to you about the delay I'll try to work on it soon!

I would like to request a Spikes BO/Balance team (preferably with lots of knock off spam)
Will do this soon - i have a few that fit that description in my builder already but want to make sure they are good (and ideally kinda cool too, lol). Any particular offensive Pokemon that you want on the team to take advantage of Spikes?

Pretty tough request ngl. Lucario is certainly a very niche pick that only really works with pretty heavy offenses, so there is an hybrid that can work as a Bulky Offense but still uses Hyper Offensive "gimmicks" to support Lucario. I have always liked tailwind and proper use of the move can turn the tide on a game very easily. Lucario is a real neat wallbreaker tbh, just really needy of support. Lucario makes good use of the tailwind early-game to just press close combat and meteor mash then late game is just cleanly with espeed. Incineroar is a neat pivot and necessary ghost alongside lucario to bring it safely versus something like a rhyperior. The speed takes into consideration tailwind since it outspeeds scarf heracross under tailwind, could come handy. Toxtricity is another slow unwallable breaker that with tailwind can just finish a team up. Straight forward set just with life orb over specs for added flexibility. Whimsicott and Noivern provide the tailwind support, and we using noivern cause the added speed tier is nice over something like tornadus, and whimsicott adds priority tailwind for the clutch and a soft zygarde check (could run some more bulk tbh if needed). Rhyperior just complements the team through added sturdiness and an excellent darm check

Hope you like it! Really tough so hopefully the efforts were worth it, now press some buttons

I really think a set like that would need focus blast, but the team ended up well with the set so guess we can let it slide. NP Croak is weird tbh, think swords dance is way better overall but vacuum wave has interesting targets like Sharpedo so we supported a team mainly focused to overwhelm on the special side alongside Raikou and Chandelure. Choice Band Zarude cause a team like this would really appreciate the power behind it instead of boots which is a flygon 2.0, and we already have a flygon! Speaking of which, Scarf is good and helps glueing the team together, no much to explain on the set since it is pretty self explanatory. Raikou provides solid electric check and calm mind user, metagross is the rocker of choice for different flavor and still being pretty effective at the rocker job. Chandelure adds an important fire immunity so some stuff dont be going for free fire moves you feel me.

Hope you enjoy!

Chople Berry is better for this meta, doesnt provide it as many freedoms as the NU metagame does. It needs this berry to stand out vs stuff like a cobalion which needs to be lured on this build or heracross and stuff. Hope you dont mind but the resist is by far the most optimal choice. Seismitoad is a no brainer as a rocker, fantastic partner to cover for the fire weakness and amazing rocker in general. Haunter is the most outlandish but it has the purpose of being a ghost able to outspeed stuff like togekiss and pressure/kill it, a way to make sure toxtricity doesnt spam boombursts freely and overall a pretty decent wallbreaker versus like glowbro builds so yeah. Protect is for scouting and general protection, redundancy aside, since it is pretty prone to get revenge killed by any scarfer. Noivern provides a great pivot and phenomenal speed tier to revenge kill stuff like a pseudo scarfer of sorts. Klefki gives spikes which the rest of the team appreciates and an important set of resistances and status spam for bewear to do its thing like thunder wave. Scarf Zarude rounds up the team for psychic immunity, additional pivot and solid speed control. Rock Slide over CC cause hitting noivern harder is essential for this build.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
very big good

Iirc we had trouble using CB bewear + Drag bc both are sort of uncommon Pokemon in RU (mostly Bewear), we might try to split it up into 2 different teams for Bewear / Dragalge or use a different CB fighter over bear but will do our best. So sorry for not talking to you about the delay I'll try to work on it soon!

Will do this soon - i have a few that fit that description in my builder already but want to make sure they are good (and ideally kinda cool too, lol). Any particular offensive Pokemon that you want on the team to take advantage of Spikes?
no worries I appreciate all effort you are putting into it, dont stress it, take your time

Expulso

I would like to request a Spikes BO/Balance team (preferably with lots of knock off spam)
I have a balance and a more offensive team for you.

Spikes + CM Reuniclus Balance:
:ss/klefki: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/dhelmise: :ss/incineroar: :ss/noivern:
https://pokepast.es/3f7f91724bb392d8

The goal of this team is that Klefki sets spikes, Incineroar provides Knock support to make them more damaging to the opposing team, and teammates like Taunt Noivern and Rhyperior help provide offensive pressure while Dhelmise completes your defensive backbone. This opens up the way for CM Reuniclus to win late-game.

You could go with Zarude > Dhelmise, especially if Thundurus is banned. I like Dhelmise's ability to take advantage of Reuniclus KOing Zarude, though. More importantly, it is a better check to Zygarde-10% and NP Thundurus while also providing hazard control of your own. However, if Thundurus is banned and Raikou is the most common electric, Zarude > Dhelmise would be a good change for you to try out; Jungle healing makes scald burns from Milo less crippling to the rest of the team besides Reuniclus.

other possible changes:
- tox > taunt vern, though taunt is sick to shut down togekiss but toxic makes u more reliable against milo/gastro switch ins. you can usually catch those with toxic from klefki or incineroar, though
- switcheroo klefki; something like choice scarf switcheroo > either toxic or twave lets you cripple another Pokemon on the opponent's team, potentially taking away boots and making spikes even better. i like that rocky helmet helps chip zarude / misc. uturners into range of reuni, but switcheroo works too

========

Double ghost Spikes offense:
:ss/klefki: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/dhelmise: :ss/mienshao: :ss/thundurus: :ss/mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/c41bf7245c818835

The goal of this team is for Mimikyu to sweep; although you have another win-con in Scarf Mienshao it is built around Mimikyu (without being a full HO). Klefki sets Spikes, and we have the same Klefki-Rhyp-Dhelm core as before with one difference: Dhelmise doesn't have Rapid Spin. Why? It is supposed to weaken Zarude for Mimikyu to sweep after it gets into +2 Sneak range, so it runs Anchor Shot > Spin to do ~35-40 per hit to it. You can then attack again due to Colbur, or go to Helmet Klefki as it is 'trapped' by Anchor Shot and chip Zarude further. Megahorn Rhyp and U-turn Thund are also good techs that help weaken Zarude, while Knock Mienshao and Thundurus each can remove Boots to force the opposing team to take hazard damage.

Seismitoad > Rhyp is probably fine on the team too, it gives you another Water resist and a third(!!) Knock user. Iirc I just wanted more insurance against Togekiss and Noivern, and wanted more offensive presence - Rhyp's ability to keep Rocks up versus Heal Bell Toge is valuable to keep the hazard pressure coming.

If Thund is banned you'd need to build differently, but if you try a spikes balance of your own just make sure to have Knock Off users in it somewhere. Can't let anybody avoid the chip!!

========

EmpoleonForLife I tried to use an electric + incineroar but didn't work with the other ideas I had, lmk if you want Spikes+Elec+Incin specifically and i'd be happy to make another team.

TripleCx3 Your CB Bear+Dragalge team is almost ready, it'll be posted by the time the suspect results are announced (Thursday-Friday)

I have a balance and a more offensive team for you.

Spikes + CM Reuniclus Balance:
:ss/klefki: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/dhelmise: :ss/incineroar: :ss/noivern:
https://pokepast.es/3f7f91724bb392d8

The goal of this team is that Klefki sets spikes, Incineroar provides Knock support to make them more damaging to the opposing team, and teammates like Taunt Noivern and Rhyperior help provide offensive pressure while Dhelmise completes your defensive backbone. This opens up the way for CM Reuniclus to win late-game.

You could go with Zarude > Dhelmise, especially if Thundurus is banned. I like Dhelmise's ability to take advantage of Reuniclus KOing Zarude, though. More importantly, it is a better check to Zygarde-10% and NP Thundurus while also providing hazard control of your own. However, if Thundurus is banned and Raikou is the most common electric, Zarude > Dhelmise would be a good change for you to try out; Jungle healing makes scald burns from Milo less crippling to the rest of the team besides Reuniclus.

other possible changes:
- tox > taunt vern, though taunt is sick to shut down togekiss but toxic makes u more reliable against milo/gastro switch ins. you can usually catch those with toxic from klefki or incineroar, though
- switcheroo klefki; something like choice scarf switcheroo > either toxic or twave lets you cripple another Pokemon on the opponent's team, potentially taking away boots and making spikes even better. i like that rocky helmet helps chip zarude / misc. uturners into range of reuni, but switcheroo works too

========

Double ghost Spikes offense:
:ss/klefki: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/dhelmise: :ss/mienshao: :ss/thundurus: :ss/mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/c41bf7245c818835

The goal of this team is for Mimikyu to sweep; although you have another win-con in Scarf Mienshao it is built around Mimikyu (without being a full HO). Klefki sets Spikes, and we have the same Klefki-Rhyp-Dhelm core as before with one difference: Dhelmise doesn't have Rapid Spin. Why? It is supposed to weaken Zarude for Mimikyu to sweep after it gets into +2 Sneak range, so it runs Anchor Shot > Spin to do ~35-40 per hit to it. You can then attack again due to Colbur, or go to Helmet Klefki as it is 'trapped' by Anchor Shot and chip Zarude further. Megahorn Rhyp and U-turn Thund are also good techs that help weaken Zarude, while Knock Mienshao and Thundurus each can remove Boots to force the opposing team to take hazard damage.

Seismitoad > Rhyp is probably fine on the team too, it gives you another Water resist and a third(!!) Knock user. Iirc I just wanted more insurance against Togekiss and Noivern, and wanted more offensive presence - Rhyp's ability to keep Rocks up versus Heal Bell Toge is valuable to keep the hazard pressure coming.

If Thund is banned you'd need to build differently, but if you try a spikes balance of your own just make sure to have Knock Off users in it somewhere. Can't let anybody avoid the chip!!

========

EmpoleonForLife I tried to use an electric + incineroar but didn't work with the other ideas I had, lmk if you want Spikes+Elec+Incin specifically and i'd be happy to make another team.

TripleCx3 Your CB Bear+Dragalge team is almost ready, it'll be posted by the time the suspect results are announced (Thursday-Friday)
:D Thank You

I would like to request a team that has cloyster as an end game sweeper or a team with offensive Sigilyph. These two have amazing potential and can be very good with the right support, it's a good oportunity to push developments in their gameplans and sets.
Cloyster can be fearsome, I managed to sweep with it in OU using white herb even with my bad teambuilding/setbuilding skills.

Id like to request a team with choice band bewear and any variant of dragalge two very powerful hitters on their respective sides, i feel they could make a decent core

To start this team, I went with Adamant Choice Band Bewear and Heavy-Duty Boots Dragalge. Since both Bewear and Dragalge are super slow, this core was very hard to work with as 9/10 times Noivern would be preferred over Dragalge. However, I was able to find the one time Dragalge worked better: with haze. Haze Dragalge allows it to 1v1 Slowbro-Galar, which this team definitely stuggles against.
1612640964850.png
Zarude was the next member added to the squad as the Thousand Arrows resist. Additionally, it provided the team with another means of grabbing momentum for Bewear or even Dragalge. Iron Tail was opted over Jungle Healing as a way to surprise Togekiss, another Pokemon that this team struggles with.
1612641777483.png
Seismitoad was added as the Stealth Rocker of the team due to it's ability in checking Pokemon like Cobalion, being an overall fantastic defensive sponge, as well as providing the team with a Volt Switch immunity.
1612641870789.png
Metagross was chosen as the Steel-type for the team as well as the speed control with Choice Scarf.
1612641897414.png
Lastly, Togekiss was added as a check to Zarude as well as Zygarde-10%, the primary fighting resist, and as a Defogger.

Hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:

To start this team, I went with Adamant Choice Band Bewear and Heavy-Duty Boots Dragalge. Since both Bewear and Dragalge are super slow, this core was very hard to work with as 9/10 times Noivern would be preferred over Dragalge. However, I was able to find the one time Dragalge worked better: with haze. Haze Dragalge allows it to 1v1 Slowbro-Galar, which this team definitely stuggles against.
View attachment 313831Zarude was the next member added to the squad as the Thousand Arrows resist. Additionally, it provided the team with another means of grabbing momentum for Bewear or even Dragalge. Iron Tail was opted over Jungle Healing as a way to surprise Togekiss, another Pokemon that this team struggles with.
View attachment 313833Seismitoad was added as the Stealth Rocker of the team due to it's ability in checking Pokemon like Cobalion, being an overall fantastic defensive sponge, as well as providing the team with a Volt Switch immunity.
View attachment 313834Metagross was chosen as the Steel-type for the team as well as the speed control with Choice Scarf.
View attachment 313835Lastly, Togekiss was added as a check to Zarude as well as Zygarde-10%, the primary fighting resist, and as a Defogger.

Hope you enjoy :)
Thanks so much for the team I appreciate all the time and effort put into it!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
I want to request a team around Indeedee Specs if thats possible
Edit: also, if possible i'd would like to see a toxic spikes mon paired with it (optional), also, the sets are up to the builder

Hello I would like to request a balance/offensive team based around chandelure. I don't really have any other pokemon I would like to feature per say so here is the chandelure set I have in mind feel free to change the set

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect

Expulso

Hello! Id like to request a team that has scarf metagross and a variant of incineroar, they seem like a good core.
I had some struggles with your core because it stacked a Ground-type weakness and didn't have much speed; there were a few times i wanted to use a faster fire-type over Incineroar. However, I think this team is pretty solid!

:metagross: :incineroar: :dhelmise: :rhyperior: :noivern: :toxtricity:
https://pokepast.es/6e8f02e71357c7ea

Scarf Metagross, Incineroar, and Rhyperior all wear down bulky waters for each other; Dhelmise can very solidly switch into Seismitoad/Gastro, and Toxtricity takes on the non-Ground-type waters. Rhyperior is very nice here to lure Zarude with Megahorn while providing a back-up check to Togekiss [since our Metagross is offensive and, thus, not too bulky]. Dhelmise is great to patch up some of the team's weaknesses, most notably Fighting-types and Zyg-10.

Zarude is a bit annoying bc it u-turns on the incoming incin/noivern, try to be aggressive abt hitting it on the switch w rhyp megahorn / metagross ice punch and/or doubling to toxtricity or incineroar as it switches in.

==========

I would like to request a HO with a volturn core (any mons u like), please and thank you!
HO isn't the same as Volt-turn; HO is typically suicide lead + sweepers while voltturn is pivot + wallbreakers. However I tried to throw together a unique offensive volt-turn with some HO elements and this was the result:

:toxtricity: :zarude: :noivern: :seismitoad: :stakataka: :mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/db897a8208877452

OTR Stakataka is the centerpiece of the team, it's a very cool set. The premise of the team is having a solid all-around core between zarude+noivern+seismitoad, then a breaker + voltturn mon in Toxtricity. instead of completing it in a more standard way I added Mimikyu + OTR Stakataka onto the end of the team. Mimikyu benefits from the chip damage caused by the volt-turn core by potentially sweeping late-game. Stakataka benefits from this benefit too, it really appreciates Seismitoad or Noivern toxic-ing bulky waters like Gastrodon. [you can run uturn > toxic Noivern to make it more of a Volt-Turn team like you asked, but slapping a toxic on staka checks like gastro/milo is usually more helpful than uturning]. Finally, staka's trick room can lead to specs toxtricity sweeps against offensive teams, which kept their fast pokemon around late-game to deal with Mimikyu.

Seismitoad can run Ice Punch or Knock. Ice Punch makes it better vs Noivern, which is nice so that Staka doesn't have to come in vs noivern and can save its health for sweeping later. Knock has more all around utility and is better at chipping waters. If u go Knock Seismitoad u can probably go U-turn Noivern.

here's 2 replays of me using this team in ssnl:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1282990955-x6b11atchsfyjeyk5r0nw7fw8d0i6a9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1282090644-3wq98nj85dry019i90m8b8d66ph0zdlpw

==========

Hey y’all I’d like to request a team based around CB Tyrantrum and maybe a mimikyu as well.
ok LOL so I had a ton of fun with this request. They both appreciate paralysis support + a check to Cobalion, so I added Sandaconda, a mon that isn't really RU relevant at all but actually fits perfectly with this idea. Forgive me for using RU Sandaconda LOOL but it is cool and good I promise.

YOUR REQUEST:
:tyrantrum: :mimikyu: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:
https://pokepast.es/2a3d7e642c66f159

Altered, scarf metagross > Mimikyu:
:tyrantrum: :metagross: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:
https://pokepast.es/d83eed76820d9728

Sandaconda's para support + forcing in zarude means that mimi can outspeed and play rough the zarude (and thus beat it) if it ever gets parad on the turn it jungle healings after glare, which is bound to happen eventually.

NP Togekiss helps w opposing zarude and noivern while also benefitting from para support (yea, im evil like that:pimp:); it also weakens Rhyperior and Steel-types, which Tyrantrum benefits greatly from. Zarude gives the team a badly needed Water-type resist, switching into Seismitoad and Gastrodon with ease. Toxicroak is a second Water-type answer while also benefitting from, say, potentially catching Gastrodon with Outrage from Tyrantrum.

Sadly this team has no Fairy resist so that's a problem n_n opposing Togekiss can also be really annoying with flying resist Ttrum.

I'd recommend you go with Scarf Metagross > Mimikyu to solve both those issues. There is an import of that version above.

Enjoy!!!! Genuinely i hope you do enjoy, this one was very fun to make [though a bit unconventional, lol]. Some misc. weaknesses to both versions, like Chandelure, but you can play offensively and win with ur win cons because it isn't that fast.

==========

To everyone else who requested and hasn't gotten your team yet: we have made drafts for each of yours but aren't quite finished with testing/discussing. Expect them soon!!

I had some struggles with your core because it stacked a Ground-type weakness and didn't have much speed; there were a few times i wanted to use a faster fire-type over Incineroar. However, I think this team is pretty solid!

:metagross: :incineroar: :dhelmise: :rhyperior: :noivern: :toxtricity:
https://pokepast.es/6e8f02e71357c7ea

Scarf Metagross, Incineroar, and Rhyperior all wear down bulky waters for each other; Dhelmise can very solidly switch into Seismitoad/Gastro, and Toxtricity takes on the non-Ground-type waters. Rhyperior is very nice here to lure Zarude with Megahorn while providing a back-up check to Togekiss [since our Metagross is offensive and, thus, not too bulky]. Dhelmise is great to patch up some of the team's weaknesses, most notably Fighting-types and Zyg-10.

Zarude is a bit annoying bc it u-turns on the incoming incin/noivern, try to be aggressive abt hitting it on the switch w rhyp megahorn / metagross ice punch and/or doubling to toxtricity or incineroar as it switches in.

==========

HO isn't the same as Volt-turn; HO is typically suicide lead + sweepers while voltturn is pivot + wallbreakers. However I tried to throw together a unique offensive volt-turn with some HO elements and this was the result:

:toxtricity: :zarude: :noivern: :seismitoad: :stakataka: :mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/db897a8208877452

OTR Stakataka is the centerpiece of the team, it's a very cool set. The premise of the team is having a solid all-around core between zarude+noivern+seismitoad, then a breaker + voltturn mon in Toxtricity. instead of completing it in a more standard way I added Mimikyu + OTR Stakataka onto the end of the team. Mimikyu benefits from the chip damage caused by the volt-turn core by potentially sweeping late-game. Stakataka benefits from this benefit too, it really appreciates Seismitoad or Noivern toxic-ing bulky waters like Gastrodon. [you can run uturn > toxic Noivern to make it more of a Volt-Turn team like you asked, but slapping a toxic on staka checks like gastro/milo is usually more helpful than uturning]. Finally, staka's trick room can lead to specs toxtricity sweeps against offensive teams, which kept their fast pokemon around late-game to deal with Mimikyu.

Seismitoad can run Ice Punch or Knock. Ice Punch makes it better vs Noivern, which is nice so that Staka doesn't have to come in vs noivern and can save its health for sweeping later. Knock has more all around utility and is better at chipping waters. If u go Knock Seismitoad u can probably go U-turn Noivern.

here's 2 replays of me using this team in ssnl:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1282990955-x6b11atchsfyjeyk5r0nw7fw8d0i6a9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1282090644-3wq98nj85dry019i90m8b8d66ph0zdlpw

==========

ok LOL so I had a ton of fun with this request. They both appreciate paralysis support + a check to Cobalion, so I added Sandaconda, a mon that isn't really RU relevant at all but actually fits perfectly with this idea. Forgive me for using RU Sandaconda LOOL but it is cool and good I promise.

YOUR REQUEST:
:tyrantrum: :mimikyu: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:
https://pokepast.es/2a3d7e642c66f159

Altered, scarf metagross > Mimikyu:
:tyrantrum: :metagross: :sandaconda: :zarude: :togekiss: :toxicroak:
https://pokepast.es/d83eed76820d9728

Sandaconda's para support + forcing in zarude means that mimi can outspeed and play rough the zarude (and thus beat it) if it ever gets parad on the turn it jungle healings after glare, which is bound to happen eventually.

NP Togekiss helps w opposing zarude and noivern while also benefitting from para support (yea, im evil like that:pimp:); it also weakens Rhyperior and Steel-types, which Tyrantrum benefits greatly from. Zarude gives the team a badly needed Water-type resist, switching into Seismitoad and Gastrodon with ease. Toxicroak is a second Water-type answer while also benefitting from, say, potentially catching Gastrodon with Outrage from Tyrantrum.

Sadly this team has no Fairy resist so that's a problem n_n opposing Togekiss can also be really annoying with flying resist Ttrum.

I'd recommend you go with Scarf Metagross > Mimikyu to solve both those issues. There is an import of that version above.

Enjoy!!!! Genuinely i hope you do enjoy, this one was very fun to make [though a bit unconventional, lol]. Some misc. weaknesses to both versions, like Chandelure, but you can play offensively and win with ur win cons because it isn't that fast.

==========

To everyone else who requested and hasn't gotten your team yet: we have made drafts for each of yours but aren't quite finished with testing/discussing. Expect them soon!!
Ayeee I absolutely love it. I love using unconventional teams so this is right up my alley. Thanks a bunch

I want to request a team around Indeedee Specs if thats possible
Edit: also, if possible i'd would like to see a toxic spikes mon paired with it (optional), also, the sets are up to the builder

Indeedee was honestly a very hard mon to build around but was very fun to use when I finally got a team working with it. Sorry that I couldn't find a way to add Toxic Spikes to the team :(

- Choice Specs Indeedee was obviously the first Pokemon that I started with. For it's movset, I opted to go with Expanding Force / Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / Mystical Fire. Expanding Force doesn't need an explanation, Hyper Voice was chosen over Dazzling Gleam as a way to 2hko Incineroar, Shadow Ball is used to hit Bulky Psychics like AV Reuniclus, and Mystical Fire is used to hit not only Steel-types for super effective damage but Zarude as well.
1613663864390.png
- Noivern was added next as its just a fantastic glue mon that can also pivot Indeedee onto the battlefield on certain Pokemon like Togekiss and Rhyperior.
1613663960254.png
- Mienshao was added as the speed control for the team utilizing Choice Scarf. Additionally, it forms a great U-turn spam core with Noivern to try and get Indeedee onto the field as much as possible.
- The later three were added as a defensive backbone to the team. Steelix provides the team with hazards, an electric immunity, and a Steel-type. Milotic is the bulky Water-type of the team and also gives the team even more momentum via Flip Turn. Finally, Zarude was added as a Thousands Arrows resist as well as an additional check to Pokemon like Xurkitree and Raikou.

Have fun!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny

Indeedee was honestly a very hard mon to build around but was very fun to use when I finally got a team working with it. Sorry that I couldn't find a way to add Toxic Spikes to the team :(

- Choice Specs Indeedee was obviously the first Pokemon that I started with. For it's movset, I opted to go with Expanding Force / Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / Mystical Fire. Expanding Force doesn't need an explanation, Hyper Voice was chosen over Dazzling Gleam as a way to 2hko Incineroar, Shadow Ball is used to hit Bulky Psychics like AV Reuniclus, and Mystical Fire is used to hit not only Steel-types for super effective damage but Zarude as well.
View attachment 316847 - Noivern was added next as its just a fantastic glue mon that can also pivot Indeedee onto the battlefield on certain Pokemon like Togekiss and Rhyperior.
View attachment 316848 - Mienshao was added as the speed control for the team utilizing Choice Scarf. Additionally, it forms a great U-turn spam core with Noivern to try and get Indeedee onto the field as much as possible.
- The later three were added as a defensive backbone to the team. Steelix provides the team with hazards, an electric immunity, and a Steel-type. Milotic is the bulky Water-type of the team and also gives the team even more momentum via Flip Turn. Finally, Zarude was added as a Thousands Arrows resist as well as an additional check to Pokemon like Xurkitree and Raikou.

Have fun!
Thank you, it seems super fun to play with, no need to sorry btw, it's fun even without toxic spikes :)

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello I would like to request a balance/offensive team based around chandelure. I don't really have any other pokemon I would like to feature per say so here is the chandelure set I have in mind feel free to change the set

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect
Hey there Crawdaunt 4 Ubers, I have your Chandy team right here!
:ss/cobalion::ss/chandelure::ss/milotic::ss/noivern::ss/rhyperior::ss/zarude:
Pokepaste

Alright, so you wanted a BO or balanced team around :chandelure: and that's exactly what we have here. I did use the set you wanted for Chandy but Energy Ball > Protect, otherwise you'd be relying on a scarfer with no Jungle Healing for Grass hits. The damage it dealt was nice and the Toxic + Hex is a nice combo. Now, next I thought of issues it faces like Dark-types like Zarude, Obstagoon, Umbreon, etc. Because of that, I went with SD:cobalion: and man does this thing work nicely. Standard SD set and nothing out of the ordinary here. Next we needed a serious switch-in to Water types and not to mention a way to handle Zydog. That's where :milotic: came in. I originally had Flip Turn on it but was recommended that Ice Beam is nice for decent damage to Zarude and Noivern. Haze is there for those annoying setup sweepers too! Speaking of :noivern:, that's what next on the team. Funny enough, I had Dhelmise in it's place originally, but shoutout to Expulso for recommending the change there. If I kept Dhelmise, I'd have 2 Grasses + 2 Ghosts. Good switch though, since it outspeeds Zydog and can Defog too. Next is :rhyperior: and he's your rocker. Nothing weird about it other than the EV spread. The Attack EVs guarantees an OHKO on 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss. The Speed EVs let it creep min. Speed Dragalge and the rest went into bulk. Now, we come to arguably the most common mon in RU in :zarude:. He's your scarfer and yet another Zydog check. He's also your main Grass-move user, but must be handled with caution of course. You can run Jungle Healing > CC if you so choose just in case its scarf gets knocked off and then it serves as a status absorber, but by default, it's your scarfer. Other than that, I had this team built already and the only big change was Dhelmise --> Noivern.

I hope you enjoy it!​

Hey there Crawdaunt 4 Ubers, I have your Chandy team right here!
:ss/cobalion::ss/chandelure::ss/milotic::ss/noivern::ss/rhyperior::ss/zarude:
Pokepaste

Alright, so you wanted a BO or balanced team around :chandelure: and that's exactly what we have here. I did use the set you wanted for Chandy but Energy Ball > Protect, otherwise you'd be relying on a scarfer with no Jungle Healing for Grass hits. The damage it dealt was nice and the Toxic + Hex is a nice combo. Now, next I thought of issues it faces like Dark-types like Zarude, Obstagoon, Umbreon, etc. Because of that, I went with SD:cobalion: and man does this thing work nicely. Standard SD set and nothing out of the ordinary here. Next we needed a serious switch-in to Water types and not to mention a way to handle Zydog. That's where :milotic: came in. I originally had Flip Turn on it but was recommended that Ice Beam is nice for decent damage to Zarude and Noivern. Haze is there for those annoying setup sweepers too! Speaking of :noivern:, that's what next on the team. Funny enough, I had Dhelmise in it's place originally, but shoutout to Expulso for recommending the change there. If I kept Dhelmise, I'd have 2 Grasses + 2 Ghosts. Good switch though, since it outspeeds Zydog and can Defog too. Next is :rhyperior: and he's your rocker. Nothing weird about it other than the EV spread. The Attack EVs guarantees an OHKO on 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss. The Speed EVs let it creep min. Speed Dragalge and the rest went into bulk. Now, we come to arguably the most common mon in RU in :zarude:. He's your scarfer and yet another Zydog check. He's also your main Grass-move user, but must be handled with caution of course. You can run Jungle Healing > CC if you so choose just in case its scarf gets knocked off and then it serves as a status absorber, but by default, it's your scarfer. Other than that, I had this team built already and the only big change was Dhelmise --> Noivern.

I hope you enjoy it!​
Ayeeee thanks homie appreciate all of you that work in this thread

Sorry to bother, but my team request is almost three weeks old, my doubt is if it is included in what Expluso said earlier or if it was even considered as a request in the first place lol
Eitherway, i have a cool pair of mons that can work very good together but i don't know how to build arround them.
Meteor beam stealth rock Necrozma and Heracross, my thinking is that they cover each other's types nicely and heracross can scare away dark types and bring the opponent's flying mon, then necrozma comes in and meteors beam them away (and necrozma can lure in dark types for heracross to feast on). Idk what team style is better for this pair, but my intuition says they could work good in offense and balance.

And Crawdaunt 4 Ubers is right, you all put a lot of work in this and boy if it shows, all of your teams are amazing and the dedication put in here is what keeps the forum going.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
My apologies Raxelgrande for how much time it took, Sigilyph can be very rewarding but is a bit tricky to build around, however, I think I made it work.

:sigilyph::dhelmise::cobalion::gastrodon::sylveon::heracross: (clickclickclick)

Starting off with Sigilyph I knew I wanted to make it CM as an offensive Slowbro counter seemed like one of its big niches in the metagame, however, you can change the CM slot to a multitude of other moves as well. Most of the time you don't even have to calm mind at all during a game, as even unboosted Sigilyph is extremely powerful and almost nothing switches into psychic + fire coverage. Next, I added Dhelmise as I needed removal and I also wanted to make the teams have spikes, in order to pressure the switches Sigilyph forces. You can go Knock Off > Poltergeist, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference. After that, I went helmet Cobalion as a good knock switch-in, and a Zarude counter as well. I finished the defensive backbone with Gastrodon + Sylveon, as I wanted some staying power in order to actually take advantage of my spikes and Sigilyph's offensive pressure. Lastly, I went scarf Heracross as the team needed both speed control and I still wanted the spikes. You could experiment with Golisopod last slot, although I personally think Heracross does it better. Again, I apologize for the amount of time, but we are working on the new request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)