The only easy day was yesterday
Welcome to the official Sword and Shield RU Viability Rankings thread! In this thread, we as a community will rank every usable Pokemon into ranks. You're encouraged to civilly post your thoughts and opinions on the various Pokemon that are usable in RU and what rank they should fall under. The general idea of the topic is to rank each RU Pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Keep in mind that this thread is simply a reference list and should not be treated as anything more than that. Pokemon are arranged alphabetically within subranks. This will be changed some time in the coming months as the VR team works out where each Pokemon fits best within its subrank.
Sword and Shield RU Viability Rankings
When nominating Pokemon to rise or drop in this thread, be sure to try avoiding personal bias. Some things to consider bringing up when discussing a Pokemon are how trends favor or disadvantage it, how it compares to competition for its role, and how it has adapted to shifts in the overall metagame. Replays are also great tools to help support a nomination, especially if it's for an unranked Pokemon to find a rank somewhere. Now, without further ado, it's time to get to our rankings. Enjoy!
Speaking of our viability team, our Viability Rankings team includes the following members:
D Rank - Blacklisted from Discussion
Current Discussion Slate
Viability Thread Rules
- Don't discuss anything in the blacklist (D Rank). Ever.
- Avoid one liners and flesh out your post, but remain concise. This helps further the discussion and gives your post more credibility.
- Do not derail the thread by asking "why did this move up/down". This is a discussion thread and posts like this don't add to the discussion. If you disagree about X Pokemon's placement, nominate it to move up/down. Similarly, do not derail the thread with other simple questions.
- Should you want to nominate an unranked Pokemon, it will only be ranked if you have at least 3 replays showing the Pokemon being used successfully vs good teams and it must have a distinguishable niche seen in these replays.
- If something didn't move up in the prior update, don't keep nominating it again and again unless a significant metagame shift occurs.
- This thread has nothing to do with tiering. Remain civil when posting in this thread.