SS OU Sticky offense w/ Regieleki

The general idea for this team is to have as much firepower as possible and be able to hit before being killed thanks to sticky web

1617629751561.png

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

The first member of the team, the team I played before was very vulnerable to it so I wanted to take advantage of it. I hesitated between SD and brick break but ended up picking the former as Bisharp's great defensive typing allows you to often pull it of.
It's low speed is a problem so I paired it with a sticky web mon as it gets rid of that problem and can even grant a +2 atk if you come in on an ennemy getting rid of it with defog

Here are some calcs that came in handy :
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses :bisharp: Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def :garchomp: 424-499 (118.7 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses :bisharp: Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def :corviknight: 306-360 (76.5 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses :bisharp: Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def :zeraora: 370-436 (116.7 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses :bisharp: Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def :landorus-therian: 270-318 (70.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk :bisharp: Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def :tyranitar: 516-608 (127.7 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk :bisharp: Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def :clefable: 492-578 (124.8 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
1617631517853.png

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Not a lot to say here, I needed a sticky webber and ribombee was here, I picked it over shuckle and gave it u-turn with the idea in mind to have it come back to set the web again at least once. Stun spore is to prevent mons from setting up in it's face, I picked spore over toxic as it helps with the speed issues of the team more immediatly than toxic, also moonblast along with ground and dragon immunity and 333+ speed is pretty good to deal with lead or setup garchomp

1617631714389.png

Zapdos-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- U-turn

Another mon that benefits from web being up or it being defoged in it's face. CC and BB are both awesome stabs although BB spam wears it down quickly so a sitrus berry might be better.
Facade is here to not be utterly useless after a flame body/will-o-wisp burn and u-turn can give momentum against a switching foe
It could also be a great late game sweeper with a scarf
1617629609631.png

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoking is here as a wallbreaker to help late game sweeps from the rest of the team, as such timid would probably be better as it would outspeed mons such as :dragapult: or :zeraora: after web.
Both stabs are here for good damage all around, tbolt mostly for :corviknight: but helps with :moltres: and :pelipper: ice beam is for :zapdos:, unsuspecting :landorus-therian: switching in and to cover the occasional :hawlucha: switching after :rillaboom:

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force :nidoking: Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD :corviknight: 221-260 (55.2 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force :nidoking: Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD :moltres: 304-359 (79.3 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force :nidoking: Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD :zapdos: 299-354 (78 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force :nidoking: Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD :rillaboom: 367-432 (107.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
2 52+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force :nidoking: Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD :hawlucha: 395-465 (132.9 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

At that point I felt my team needed a late game fast sweeper and a way to come in for my mons w/o taking too much cheap.
I never played :regieleki: before and figured I should give it a try now it's back to OU, in the mean time :slowbro:'s regenerator+teleport combo would allow my mons to come in fast without wasting too much time recovering with :clefable: or :blissey:

1617633153376.png

Slowbro @ Ring Target
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Trick
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Full PhysDef slowbro with teleport support to bring in slower mons, scald to punish those who think sword dancing in it's face is a good idea, slack off could honestly be switched for t-wave due to the fast paced gameplay of the team.
I figured there are too much ground type in the tier to not try giving trick ring target a chance to ease Regieleki late game sweep

1617633705479.png

Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect

He do be very fast --- thanks for coming to my TED talk
The speed is to outspeed adamant :dracozolt: on sand (not that you can deal much to it anyway but it will often be very low). The idea is to late game sweep with it with tbolt spam so specs can be envisioned the rest of the move are up to personal preference although I would keep spin to prevent being sticky webed yourself, Volt switch is surprisingly useful as people somewhat often try to overpredict it and end up giving you a free switch along with a hefty amount of damage

Honestly :tapu lele: would also be a very good addition to protect against priority moves and would be very good with psychic seed :hawlucha: so maybe replace :regieleki: and :zapdos-galar: or :nidoking: your call at this point

When it comes to threats fast fliyng types such as :tornadus-therian: or fast HDB users like :volcarona: or :zeraora: so keep your :nidoking:/:regieleki: healthy if you encounter one of these

Exportable : https://pokepast.es/7acecea4c264c011

Reactions: eu

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Well I like the Ring Target idea, but I think offensive Regieleki requires too much support to work properly, as every serious team has an Electric-immune Pokemon. If you want to keep Regieleki, try this:

:ss/regieleki:
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Regieleki is far better off used for support, especially in a hyper offensive team. The screens it can set help your Pokemon take more hits and set up more easily, and you no longer need a dedicated slot for luring Grounds, which should improve the performance of the team.

Whilst they are both decent choices for hyper offense, I don't think you need both Gapdos and Bisharp on the same team, as their roles overlap heavily. Try replacing Gapdos with:

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Rillaboom is used on most successful hyper offensive teams, and for good reason: it can set up fairly easily with its decent bulk boosted further by screens, it hits hard, which is necessary when you only have a few turns of screens, and it has strong priority to ease your matchup against the fast Heavy-Duty Boots users that plague Sticky Webs teams like Tapu Koko and Zeraora.

Finally, since you no longer need Slowbro without offensive Regieleki, another offensive Pokemon is probably the best choice to replace it. Here's an example:

:ss/moltres_galar:
Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane

Moltres-G is an extremely potent Pokemon on hyper offensive teams as it can survive a wide variety of attacks behind screens and set up, which combined with Berserk and a Weakness Policy boost, can allow it to reach huge amounts of power extremely quickly. I haven't used it with Sticky Web specifically, but not needing a Speed boost to sweep in many situations would surely help it out. Other things you could try in this slot are Hawlucha, Calm Mind Tapu Lele, Cloyster, Dragonite, Azumarill, Scarf Victini, Autotomise Celesteela, Volcarona, Slowbro-G... The possibilities are endless and I suggest you try different Pokemon in this slot and see what works out best.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
I think the changes above make a lot of sense and I have a similar idea behind mine, I think it makes the team just flow better with some overlapping or suboptimal roles for an HO team being present rn, so the changes should help quite a bit. I was already half way done writing when that one was posted so I'm finishing what I was thinking for another alternative

Major Changes
:slowbro: --> :volcarona:
Slowbro just doesn't fit on Hyper Offense teams. It's too slow, too weak, and doesn't offer anything aside from being a slow fat mon that can be used to Defog on. HO should stick to all out offense on every mon, which is why I'm suggesting Volcarona over it. You mentioned it at the bottom as an offensive boots abuser, and that's exactly what it's doing here. Being a super strong boosting special mon it can hopefully compliment Nidoking's ability to remove things and also the plenty of Physical mons you have to break some special walls like Heatran and Blissey which it can't.

:regieleki: + :zapdos-galar: --> :tapu-koko: + :hawlucha:
For the roles that they play, I think koko lucha is a much better core than eleki zapdos. You already have a defiant user that can deter Defog, and Hawlucha typically has a larger offensive presence because of how threatening Unburden Acrobatics with SD is. Tapu Koko is needed to support it with terrain, so it was chosen over eleki which is already falling out of favour in the ou tier due to Tapu Koko being able to give Light Screen and Reflect while also supporting Hawlucha, which is one of the most dangerous sweepers rn.
:hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

:tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- U-turn

Minor Changes:
:nidoking:
Modest --> Timid

Without Timid you get outsped by things like Dragapult even with webs up, so it's a small change but one that can help quite a bit sometimes.

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated team, I hope you like these changes! It's a slightly different approach than the one above but a similar concept, remove the Slowbro and Zapdos to form a more offensively potent core, I just took it in a different direction with the koko lucha core and Volcarona which was a mon you mentioned considering. Similar in structure to the original but some big changes that I think will increase the effectiveness quite a bit.

I think the changes above make a lot of sense and I have a similar idea behind mine, I think it makes the team just flow better with some overlapping or suboptimal roles for an HO team being present rn, so the changes should help quite a bit. I was already half way done writing when that one was posted so I'm finishing what I was thinking for another alternative

Major Changes
:slowbro: --> :volcarona:
Slowbro just doesn't fit on Hyper Offense teams. It's too slow, too weak, and doesn't offer anything aside from being a slow fat mon that can be used to Defog on. HO should stick to all out offense on every mon, which is why I'm suggesting Volcarona over it. You mentioned it at the bottom as an offensive boots abuser, and that's exactly what it's doing here. Being a super strong boosting special mon it can hopefully compliment Nidoking's ability to remove things and also the plenty of Physical mons you have to break some special walls like Heatran and Blissey which it can't.

:regieleki: + :zapdos-galar: --> :tapu-koko: + :hawlucha:
For the roles that they play, I think koko lucha is a much better core than eleki zapdos. You already have a defiant user that can deter Defog, and Hawlucha typically has a larger offensive presence because of how threatening Unburden Acrobatics with SD is. Tapu Koko is needed to support it with terrain, so it was chosen over eleki which is already falling out of favour in the ou tier due to Tapu Koko being able to give Light Screen and Reflect while also supporting Hawlucha, which is one of the most dangerous sweepers rn.
:hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

:tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- U-turn

Minor Changes:
:nidoking:
Modest --> Timid

Without Timid you get outsped by things like Dragapult even with webs up, so it's a small change but one that can help quite a bit sometimes.

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the updated team, I hope you like these changes! It's a slightly different approach than the one above but a similar concept, remove the Slowbro and Zapdos to form a more offensively potent core, I just took it in a different direction with the koko lucha core and Volcarona which was a mon you mentioned considering. Similar in structure to the original but some big changes that I think will increase the effectiveness quite a bit.
it might not matter having timid if the dragapult is clear body though

it might not matter having timid if the dragapult is clear body though
Very true, however, that is very situational and uncommon. For many teams, functionality is within a strong majority of decks with weaknesses. It is better to have a team suited for most situations, rather than a niche that barely shows up and prevents the team from applying itself to most matchups. The key is efficiency, and without that consistent efficiency the team becomes weak. In this case, outspeeding threats like Dragapult are huge, as not much can switch into it and you end up sacking either HP or a full mon, which is unfavorable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)