Pokémon Suicune

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised CroCune isn't getting more attention. I started using him, and it's absurdly easy to stall just about any offensive threat. His spd bulk from calm mind coupled with scald make it almost impossible to do any better a 3HKO on him. Not to mention, what seems like a very "Prankster status inducer" heavy metagame, the ability to rest away status makes him a great switch in to Klefki, Sableye, etc. Then, because they can't do much to hurt him, just set up with 2-3 calm minds and RestTalk your way to victory/ragequit.

With Suicune's 100 / 115 / 115 Base Defenses, only 2 weaknesses(Grass and Electric), it can really be a good Special Wall or Physical Wall.
Suicune also have an access to Tailwind to further support it's team. ^^
But I wish Water Absorb will be released ASAP. XD

What?!? No Aeroblast?!?
Sadly, Suicune can't learn Aeroblast. XD

Ehm... Just curious... Why is there a slight investment in speed?
I believe it is to outspeed minimum speed Rotom. Maybe.
Well, Suicune(has a base 85 speed) can outspeed a 252 Speed Donphan(Donphan has a base speed of 50). But if Donphan Run's on Jolly, It outspeed's 12 Speed Suicune.

A 12 speed EV investment is useless. Just invest them on it's defenses rather than speed to make Suicune more bulky. ^^

EDIT by Haunter: can you, please, stop using these annoying colors and learn how to quote multiple posts? Thank you very much ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
while water absorb will be great when it comes out, pressure has come through in big ways for me, letting me break gliscor toxic heal sub/protect stall and other similar stalling strats.

while water absorb will be great when it comes out, pressure has come through in big ways for me, letting me break gliscor toxic heal sub/protect stall and other similar stalling strats.
Water Absorb seems nearly useless, especially in a meta where Hydro Pump spamming and Rain are gone. Pressure is its best ability, and "best" is certainly an understatement.

Cune is crazily good in this gen. It can be such a winning condition, or the holy-shit-how-tragically-I'm-playing fix button. It makes people ragequit, tanks effortlessly super effective special attacks, after one or two boosts, can beat its own counters by burning them with scalds, and only sleeps for two turns :p. It works great on my team!

For people still running 12 speed evs, i'm pretty sure at this point rotom's have started running at least 32 speed evs. I can't remember what exactly caused it, but would it be worth it to run 44evs on crocune now?

For people still running 12 speed evs, i'm pretty sure at this point rotom's have started running at least 32 speed evs. I can't remember what exactly caused it, but would it be worth it to run 44evs on crocune now?
Rotoms can run 44 for Azumarills that try to be cheeky and speedcreep them with 252 Jolly. I don't think those spreads for either 'mon are common though.

Rotoms can run 44 for Azumarills that try to be cheeky and speedcreep them with 252 Jolly. I don't think those spreads for either 'mon are common though.
252 Jolly Azumarills? Didn't even know that was a thing. But i've just heard 32 as some magic number.

Edit: While 252 Jolly Zum isn't common, i think the bigger reason for 44evs is to outspeed and burn 252 Jolly Mawile before it has the chance to PR. Idk how common that is, but i can totally see people running 44 speed evs just as insurance. Might actually have to change my rotom-w now.

I find it's better to under speed Rotom with Suicune. Lets you hit the switch in (who can potentially counter you) with scald on the switch and go for a burn, which can stop your counter. Even if you're unboosted, volt switch doesn't hit you very hard.

If rotom really is running more speed then it's probably not worth it. I would still run enough to outspeed uninvested though just because you don't really lose any bulk to do it and a free calm mind is worth it to threaten whatever comes in.

Is modest viable at all? I am fascinated with Calm Mind, Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Scald/Hydro Pump, is it just strictly worse than something else or could I use the CroCune set with modest? How badly does it mess up his 3hko thresholds (I assume at least a moderate amount)?

Is modest viable at all? I am fascinated with Calm Mind, Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Scald/Hydro Pump, is it just strictly worse than something else or could I use the CroCune set with modest? How badly does it mess up his 3hko thresholds (I assume at least a moderate amount)?
Idk about offensive suicune, it's offensive stats aren't great, but it's doable, with modest. But you can't run modest w/air slash because it's an event only move and the set nature for that event is relaxed.

Idk about offensive suicune, it's offensive stats aren't great, but it's doable, with modest. But you can't run modest w/air slash because it's an event only move and the set nature for that event is relaxed.
Oh that's right. I have the event Relaxed one -_-, can't seem to find a Bold one anywhere. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Is Relaxed even the worst thing in the world since he's not outspeeding anything anyways the majority of the time? It give's +Def which is kinda meh, not a lot of Leaf Blades and Bolt Strikes out there.

Oh that's right. I have the event Relaxed one -_-, can't seem to find a Bold one anywhere. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Is Relaxed even the worst thing in the world since he's not outspeeding anything anyways the majority of the time? It give's +Def which is kinda meh, not a lot of Leaf Blades and Bolt Strikes out there.
If you keep looking for a non-relaxed air slash suicune, you'll be looking for awhile. Air slash doesn't even really give any coverage you lack otherwise. Unless it's trying to underspeed things, never run -spe natures. And even 85 base speed is something worth running +spe natures. Look at nidoking last gen, at had base 85 and it ALWAYS ran +speed natures, without it, it would be outspeed by a multitude of threats

If you keep looking for a non-relaxed air slash suicune, you'll be looking for awhile. Air slash doesn't even really give any coverage you lack otherwise. Unless it's trying to underspeed things, never run -spe natures. And even 85 base speed is something worth running +spe natures. Look at nidoking last gen, at had base 85 and it ALWAYS ran +speed natures, without it, it would be outspeed by a multitude of threats
I meant a Bold one for the Rest/Talk set. I wasn't suggesting you should, I asked if it was at all viable due to him attacking second typically anyways. I completely understand Bold is optimal.

Ohhhh. Ok i'm assuming you're playing on cart then. In that case, i guess you could use relaxed for crocune if you REALLY don't wanna try and get a bold one. Not the best thing but if you can't get a bold one, use relaxed if you have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)