Taking Orange Islands Back to Its Roots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
At its heart, Orange Islands is a place to discuss playing Pokémon games, watching Pokémon anime, and reading Pokémon manga. There are a few components to this statement that I think need to be made clear. :toast:

Discussion: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas
  • Threads that are posted in Orange Islands either need to work toward a specific goal (i.e., generating a list of tiers for "efficient" runthroughs of a game) or they need to promote discussion among users. Threads that ask users to post once and never look at a thread again are not what we are looking for. — We want threads that draw users back time and time again. We want threads that facilitate an exchange of an ideas, rather than threads that serve as a dumping ground for ideas.
Additionally, Orange Islands discussion should be about active processes. This turn of phrase can be a bit confusing, so let me break it down for you!
  • Threads should deal with your experiences either playing Pokémon games, watching Pokémon anime, or reading Pokémon manga. This forum isn't for casual Pokémon discussion in general; threads like "What is your favorite Pokémon?" and "What is your least favorite trainer class?" don't promote active engagement with the games and do not promote the aforementioned exchange of ideas between users. Threads like The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2 and Battle Maison Discussion & Records push people to play the games and to discuss their experiences.
Hopefully this clears things up a bit for everyone! If you have further questions, please contact either myself (Stellar) or DHR-107. We are both more than happy to chat with you about our vision for Orange Islands. Additionally, you can always find us on #orangeislands on SynIRC's server.

Happy holidays! Use the time to relax and to dive back into some of your favorite Pokémon games from the past. Try out a nuzlocke of Pokémon Crystal, or achieve a high score in Pokémon Pinball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)