OU Tapu Lele

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
:ss/tapu lele:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt
- Future Sight / Psyshock / Thunderbolt

This guardian deity serves to protect its team, revenge killing fast threats like Dragapult and Weavile for a variety of playstyles while keeping a wallbreaking force to its name. Its STAB moves in particular make it nigh unwallable, save the troubling Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn, but even those can fall to Focus Blast. Future Sight offers great offensive pressure to back up Urshifu-R and Kartana in wallbreaking, and it can be used several times when Tapu Lele comes in to force out its prey. Psyshock can dent specially defensive switch-ins like Galarian Slowking and Blissey, but at the cost of sacking Future Sight's utility. Of course, there is Tapu Lele's biggest enemy, Corviknight, which can take hits from it pretty well, but even Corviknight doesn't like Thunderbolt. A Modest nature can be utilized to further expand the set's wallbreaking prowess at the cost of missing a major speed tier in Arctozolt under hail. Tapu Lele also provides Psychic Terrain, which can protect teammates that are set-up and ready to win from being revenge killed by priority moves. It can additionally activate Hawlucha's Psychic Seed, making it a stellar option on hyper offense.

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Heloooo Aurodian,
Reminder that Tapu Lele is a woman in an egg

• Id mention the fact that Future Sight is mainly used when it is forcing Pokemon out.
  • I wouldnt say that Slowking-Galar and Blissey stand tall as mighty walls (even though it sounds amazing), since they both do get 2HKO'd by it.
  • Id mention its ability to thwart offense, and be a rlly good revenge killer in general somewhere here, and if youre having trouble with charectors cause of it let me know. I think you could try to snip down on some of the flavour, if need be since that does add to the charector count, but i really am a fan of it.
  • Instead of Hawlucha Id mention Urshifu-R tbh, since it can abuse Future Sight and also pivot out of checks like Toxapex and Tapu Fini to give Tapu Lele a breaking opportunity.
QC 1/1, rlly like the creative writing, lmk if theres any issues with charectors

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

:ss/tapu lele:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt
- Future Sight / Psyshock / Thunderbolt

This guardian deity serves to protect its team, providing great speed control revenge killing fast threats like Dragapult and Weavile (I imagine?) for a variety of playstyles while keeping a wallbreaking force to its name. Its STAB moves in particular make it nigh unwallable, save the troubling Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn, but even those can falter fall to Focus Blast. Future Sight offers great offensive pressure to back up Urshifu-RS and Kartana in wallbreaking, and it can be used several times when it Tapu Lele comes in to force out it's its prey. Psyshock can dent specially defensive switch-ins like Slowking-G Galarian Slowking and Blissey, but at the cost of sacking Future Sight's utility. Of course, there is Tapu Lele's biggest enemy, Corviknight, who which can take hits from it pretty well, but even Corviknight doesn't like Thunderbolt. A Modest nature can be utilized to further expand the breaking prowess Tapu Lele can have, the set's wallbreaking prowess at the cost of missing a minor speed tier in not outspeeding ("minor" would make me wonder why modest wasn't default, so I imagine this makes sense?) Arctozolt under hail. Tapu Lele also provides Psychic Terrain, which can protect teammates that are set-up (added hyphen) and ready to win (RC) from being revenge killed by priority moves. It can additionally activate Hawlucha's Psychic Seed, making it a stellar option on hyper offense. On a similar note, it is praised highly for being an excellent revenge-killer, most notably against fast offensive threats like Dragapult and Weavile.
adeleine.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)