Other Metagames Team for Casual Tourney Between Friends (Anything Goes)

I'm putting together a team for a casual tournament between friends, which has some additional rules that make it so this team does not fit in any particular format (I guess that makes this an Anything Goes team).

The rules are:
1. Single battles. Each match is a Best-of-3
2. The team includes a primary 6 pokemon, and 3 additional "bench" pokemon that can be swapped out between battles.
3. Can use any pokemon, but may only include one Uber-tiered pokemon in the entire roster.
4. Dynamax is allowed, but Gigantimax pokemon are considered Ubers.
5. No Smogon-wide clauses... but this is casual, and I know my friends. I'm expecting no one to bring troll teams that spam sleep/evasion or cause endless battles.

I think I have a pretty good primary 6 pokemon, making a decent Balanced team with a few pivots. I've been testing this out on Anything Goes on Pokemon Showdown lately, and it is performing pretty well. However, I'm pretty new to SS team building and I'm not entirely aware of this team's weaknesses, or how to cover them via the 3 additional bench pokemon. So, I'm looking for advice on pokemon to include on the bench.

Galvantula (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Level: 100
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch

Galvantula is my Sticky Web lead. This team (as I see it) is a Balanced team that consists primarily of wall breakers with less than 100 base speed, so Sticky Web is very useful for it. Most people underestimate Galvantula, so after it sets up, it usually can nail something hard with a Thunder. Paralysis is a bonus, especially if I can hit something that none of my team can outspeed even with Sticky Web, or if the Sticky Web gets removed. Volt Switch lets Galvantula act as a pivot, provided that it doesn't sacrifice itself.

Excadrill (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is my spinner (though my team isn't especially susceptible to Stealth Rock), and my answer to most bulky fairy or poison types (which I expect to run in to a lot, given my friend group). AV lets me tank some Moonblasts and hit back with Iron Head, and it also is a good switch in to poison, electric, or rock types that might want to hit or status my walls (or Galvantula if he's still alive).
I'm on the fence about keeping this as an AV set, or to switch in Leftovers so I can run Swords Dance.

Zapdos (Kanto) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Zapdos is my physically defensive 'wall'. Not running Defog because I don't want to get rid of Sticky Web, and because I don't have access to a Zapdos that can learn Defog (I'm building this team on Shield only, no past-generation moves). Hurricane helps a lot when dealing with fighting types, lets me hit the ground types I might switch in to, and has some synergy with Kyogre. Zapdos also functions as another pivot, and it is slower than most sweepers, so it can take a hit and pivot to something for a safe switch.

Kyogre @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Kyogre is my go-to wall, and my Uber pick. He basically has equal Def and SpD, so I switch him in whenever I don't think I can outspeed, and I need to take a hit. Drizzle has some synergy with Zapdos' Hurricane, and with Urshifu's water moves (although this is pretty specifically not a rain team). Calm Mind lets me switch in on a special attacker and start setting up, then hit Rest and start sweeping without much hinderance... but just in case I can't set up, Scald is there to inflict burns, and Ice Beam is my primary answer to dragon types.
I'm on the fence between Chesto Berry and Leftovers. Leftovers helps in the situation when I can't set up Calm Mind, but Chesto Berry is really nice for those times when I'm just getting chipped away while setting up (if Kyogre got hit by Toxic for example), and then I catch my opponent off guard, being full-health again.
Kyogre is also a great Dynamax option, capable of using Max Guard and setting up rain again after it has been on the field for a while.

Urshifu (Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Urshifu is another pivot, physically hitting wallbreaker, and has a much needed priority move in Aqua Jet which can be boosted by Kyogre's rain. It can go through Protect and Substitute with Unseen Fist + Surging Strikes. So, it primarily serves as my late-game cleanup and my check to bulky normal, steel, and ground types. It also sports some decent bulk and great typing, being able to take a hit (such as a rock or fire type move aimed at Zapdos or Excadrill) and punch holes in something in return.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Nidoking is my specially hitting wallbreaker, and he has a lot of coverage that I need. He's great to switch in against fairy types (which I expect I will face a lot), and can take out dragons if Kyogre isn't available. He's also great to switch in to something that tries to hit Kyogre or Urshifu with an electric attack, since a good prediction combined with his sheer amount of coverage moves will allow for some hefy hits. It's also useful that he removes toxic spikes on switch-in while being an offensive powerhouse, able to take out the typical users of that move (such as Ferrothorn).

So... yeah. It's a pretty simple team, I think. I'm having trouble thinking about what other members would be good switch-ins to cover what weaknesses this team has... since I'm not really weak to any particular types, and not particularly weak to Stealth Rock.
I'm thinking I might just include a Swift Swim Barraskewda, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and/or Swords Dance Blaziken, since this team lacks coverage moves against Ghost and Psychic types, and could use some faster threats (maybe leaning heavier in to Kyogre's rain) and a setup sweeper.

What could you see this team having trouble against, primarily?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)