Team lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is already around, but I haven't seen it around, and think this would be both interesting and helpful to a lot of users. I play a lot of magic the gathering, and there is always a compilation of decklists that do well, and put up on various websites. An example is shown here, from the website Magic.tcgplayer.com

http://imgur.com/toPNDMn

From here, you can click on various events, and the decklists that placed well in these events. What I am suggesting is this exact same thing, but with Pokemon teams.

This would be helpful because of the amount of people that maybe aren't sure about some ev builds, some team synergy, or just straight up ideas for stuff to use in teams. Players would also be able to take teams straight up and try them. They would be able to browse high placing teams, and go "Oh wow, this is a good idea, I'll try it." or, "Oh wow, Dragonite seems to be used a lot by these high placing teams, maybe I should be using it too if I want to win." etc. I am aware of the server statistics that are posted every month, but sometimes that's just not enough.

I can also see this being used to help determine banlists. It's very easy to see "Oh wow, 7/8 of the top 8 in this tournament had this OP Dragonite lead, maybe we should do something about this."

Tl;dr
Put up complete teamlists for high placing players for every tournament for all to see, so people can see what people are using, where the metagame is starting to shift, what is currently popular in countering other popular strategies, etc.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most tournament winners or ladder players jizz over their team in RMT already.

Theres an archive for the for agreed up on best ones too. Analyses already show you optimal ev spreads and sets for pokemon and provide you with information on team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)