The Best Offense is a Good Offense- An OU All-out offense team

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
So, I decided to make another RMT, nut this time it's full of offensive powerhouses. No hazards, no status (Except Hypnosis,) just a couple setup moves and sheer terror. The reason for me building this team was to try and make a team that won often, ended battles, and could still take a hit. So far, this team is 20-1, with about 6 being 6-0 sweeps.
THE OVERVIEW

THE TEAM
Thundurus-Theriman (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Thundurus-Theriman is my Choice Scarf role, and he devastates everything he comes across. HP Ice takes out Garchomp, Latios, Salamence, and DNite(After any prior damage) in one shot. Volt Switch allows me to get out of a dangerous situation, or just provide some hit-and-run damage. Thunderbolt is for a solid electric-type move if any Ground-types have been taken out. Lastly Focus Miss Blast is used to maul Heatran and Ferrothorn, and wipe Tyranitar off of the face of the earth.

Archimedes (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Archimedes is unconventional, and he doesn't care. Life Orb is used for that nifty, no-recoil 30% damage boost. Sure, he could've been replaced with OTR Reuniclus, but that suffers from 4-moveslot syndrome. Archimedes is running HP Ice on dragons, who get knocked off, not realizing that there's no sash on this fox. Psyshock helps him bypass special walls like Blissey, and Focus Blast, like n Thundurus-Theriman, takes out steels and Tyranitar. Shadow Ball is for other Psychics like Espeon, who Archimedes normally can't touch.

Halberd (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

"Abandon all hope...."

Halberd is an absolute monster. When I send him out as a lead, people immediately switch to their Jirachi, Jellicent or Rotom-W, giving me a free Dragon Dance. I dance again as their status move hits (or misses, I once had 4 WoWs in a row miss) and gets cured by Lum Berry. I then proceed to sweep. Outrage OHKOs or 2HKOs anything in the metagame (Bar Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forry, and defensive Heatran, but even then you can't be so sure.) Earthquake is for non-Balloon Heatran and anything ground-weak, usually Steel-Types. Those two moves nail everything in the meta (Bar Skarmory) for at least neutral damage. Superpower is for Tyranitar, or some early power with the option to switch.

Buzz Lightyear (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Buzz hits to infinity and beyond. After a Swords Dance, he is nigh upon unstoppable. I sacrificed Roost for Brick Break, allowing me to OHKO Heatran on the switch when Buzz is at +2. Bullet punch devastates everything, and unboosted, deals a solid 35% to Volcarona. Bug Bite helps stop berry users, potentially ruining their ChestoRest or Lum Berry strategies.

SlamClam (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

When dangerous sweepers call, SlamClam answers. As I try my best to eliminate hazards before they come down, I can almost always get in with Sash intact. On opponents that I know are going to be faster than me after I smash (Like Volcarona at +2 speed,) I take advantage of that free turn to devastate them with base 125 power moves like Rock Blast and Icicle Spear. Razor Shell helps keep the physical theme going, but sadly, doesn't do anywhere near as much damage to Skarmory. However, SlamClam is a trusty Pokemon that can wreck whole teams if left to set up.

Casper (Gengar) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Despite his name, Casper is no friendly ghost. I enjoy faking a choice set, and putting their switches to sleep. I then proceed to pummel them with devastating STABs and Thunderbolt. Expert Belt also works well with Casper's great coverage, and I prefer it over Life Orb. I've won 3 battles where Casper was below 10% health and was my last Pokemon. I got the SE boosts and took no recoil, saving my win. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Skarmory, who could destroy Casper otherwise. Shadow Ball hits Psychics and other Gengar hard (If I win the speed tie) and Sludge Bomb destroys Breloom.

Comments are always appreciated! If you want to know how this team was built, just comment and I'll put it up!

REPLAYS-
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53194172
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-53194030

Solid team, I like seeing a well played Haxorus every once in a while.

Just keep in mind U-turn is an option on Thundurus to help beat Celebis on the switch. Chnge Life Orb to Leftovers on Scizor. I hate when people set up with Cloyster turn 1 mindlessly and expect to sweep, it just doesn't happen, but I would change his item to Kings Rock. Take Hypnosis off Gengar and give it Focus Blast or HP Fire, and make his item Life Orb.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No hazards means that sashes will always be intact and defensive mons will always have just enough health to tank you. For an offensive team, this is bad news. You'll at least want a Pokemon with Stealth Rock to shave some health off switch-ins. In your replays, Alakazam is basically never used. I'd suggest getting rid of Alakazam in favor of an offensive Stealth Rocks setter such as Garchomp, Terrakion, or Mamoswine (or even Custap Skarm, who also gets access to Spikes). A Stealth Rock Garchomp lead might work best for you as he can work well with Haxorus to overload the opponent's Dragon counters.

Also, don't use Sludge Bomb on Gengar. 30% chance to OHKO a sashed technician Breloom is not worth the lack of Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Heatran coverage. Use Focus Blast instead.

No hazards means that sashes will always be intact and defensive mons will always have just enough health to tank you. For an offensive team, this is bad news. You'll at least want a Pokemon with Stealth Rock to shave some health off switch-ins. In your replays, Alakazam is basically never used. I'd suggest getting rid of Alakazam in favor of an offensive Stealth Rocks setter such as Garchomp, Terrakion, or Mamoswine (or even Custap Skarm, who also gets access to Spikes). A Stealth Rock Garchomp lead might work best for you as he can work well with Haxorus to overload the opponent's Dragon counters.

Also, don't use Sludge Bomb on Gengar. 30% chance to OHKO a sashed technician Breloom is not worth the lack of Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Heatran coverage. Use Focus Blast instead.
That isn't the only reason to have Sludge Bomb, he can just put Focus Blast over Hypnosis. Also how did I miss not having SR? You definitely need it somewhere.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I was thinking of HP Fire over Hypnosis, but against pokemon like TTar/Heatran (Tran especially,) I Hypnosis them, switch out to something like Halberd who can take car of them, DD and eliminate. FB COULD be an option for me, but I really don't like its shaky accuracy on Gengar in particular, as Theriman is my cleanup sweeper, and really won't be running FB unless there's a TTar.
Garchomp could work as an offensive SR setter, but what with dragon getting nerfed, I think that a steel would work better.
LO on Buzz really helps a lot, and as a breaker, I like him to hit until he dies, and hit hard. LO Gengar is an option, but I dunno about U-Turn thundy.
And King's rock cloyster is super fun, but I don't always smash. I sometimes use the sash as a way to switch in on a threat, take the hit(if no hazards are up) and hit back.

I'll take all these ideas into consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)