The Farewell Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

As I announce my final day on Smogon (specifically the OM section- I may still be apart of the OI section), is August 5, I wanted to say that I enjoyed the good sides of my time here, and want to focus on that.

I appreciate the kindness of E4 Flint, and others whom have ever defended me, or reminded me to focus on the objective. I realized many of my personality traits were attracting attention, good and bad, and thus I feel it's best to leave things now, on a reflective, and hopefully positive note.

I am glad that at least one idea made it to the VR list, (Darmanitan-Zen Mode), in BH, and that while I would be a frequent poster, I see that sometimes there is such a thing as "too frequent" and/or "too long don't read". I do need to fulfill my free time with more than distractions online, and starting more healthy routines like exercise will be beneficial to my health, appearance, and fitness level.

I think this goodbye isn't just to the forums, its to a habit, and it will allow me to move forward, not with a chip on my shoulder, but rather a weight off of my shoulders, and a sense of freedom, rather than a nagging need to respond to a criticism, or even just a general question. I don't need to be so proactive it makes others feel they are passive, (when someone has a lot to say, it might give little room for others to speak up, especially if they agree and felt you took the words out of their mouth).

I am glad that I am finally facing this, rather than postponing just moving on. If Misty's exit from the anime taught us anything, it's that sometimes a goodbye is a good thing, hence the "good" in "goodbye". She didn't need to carry Ash, and didn't need to leave upset, she left because it was simply at that point where there was her own destiny, and instead of focusing on others, she could be a more independent version of herself.

To everyone, it truly is time to say goodbye to the OM forums. I feel it has come to that stage.
If I pop in, please don't call me a hypocrite. Maybe I will make a cameo every so often, probably just not on Discord.

Storm Eagle

Banned deucer.
I appreciate the kindness of E4 Flint, and others whom have ever defended me, or reminded me to focus on the objective. I realized many of my personality traits were attracting attention, good and bad, and thus I feel it's best to leave things now, on a reflective, and hopefully positive note.

I am glad that at least one idea made it to the VR list, (Darmanitan-Zen Mode), in BH, and that while I would be a frequent poster, I see that sometimes there is such a thing as "too frequent" and/or "too long don't read". I do need to fulfill my free time with more than distractions online, and starting more healthy routines like exercise will be beneficial to my health, appearance, and fitness level.
I don't think you ever had any sort of negative attention after you joined the discord. The stuff you've sent me in DM was particularly helpful. I've wanted to try Technician Dragon-types for a while now and you brought Zekrom to mind with Dual Chop.

Also, I feel like long posts are very good, but sometimes spoilers may help, even I should have learned this. If other people don't have the attention span to read your posts then that's their problem.

I would like to personally say goodbye, even though I've only been around for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)