~Feather Rest
~Swords Dance/Taunt/Whirlwind
~Drill Peck

Glion @ Life Orb

~EQ
~Baton Pass
~Swords Dance
~SRock

This team was a little hard to make. I think it relies on Sweeping more than setting up, but I do have some set-up with skarmary.

I lead with Salamence to scare off Gabby, and I have Mswarm just incase. (probably with + attack, - Sp. defense) nature, to save my SP. A. for MSwarm. Generally Intimidate and good speed and attack is a good lead.

Staraptor is my Secondary Physical Sweeper. Good Speed, good moves, and Strong Attack. Also has intimidate. Handles Tyranitar with ease, and heals very good when it gets a good attack in, possibly healing from recoil.

Mantine is my Bulky Water counter. Unless Gyarados has Stone Edge, (it will more likely carry Water fall and Ice Fang), Gyarados doesn't really affect it. It is immune to Eq, and Ice fang is naturally weak. It can haze the Dragon Dances, unless it is taunted. Suicune doesn't really stand a chance, as it cannot surf/calm mind to hit it. Ice beam is the only move it can use, but it wont do much, with its mighty defenses.

Togekiss is there for support as a Flinch-haxer, and can either boost her attack with Scheme, or be more supportive with Thunderwave to paralyze opponents. As the DP game gets closer, it will be easier to decide her best role in the team. Also I put Grass Rope (as a possibility) for Bulky Waters that may come along and try and Ice Beam Toge, or simply if Mantine dies. I believe Wish support from Togekiss can be helpful, but I just didn't want to put so many variations in 1 moveset.

Skarmary is there for Stealth Rocks/Spikes. It can also turn sweeper with its Feather Rest+Swords Dance combo, to make Drill Peck strike hard, and since it can tank moves, it can build up without worrying about survivability. Also, I think Taunt is important as a possiblity, so you can Taunt other Skarmaries, or other Pokemon who want to Taunt you.

Glion has SR, so Skarmary has more options. I gave it Swords Dance to boost its less than average attack, but Somersault can be helpful as well, so it can switch to Mantine to take Ice Beams. I had a hard time finding a moveset. I could give Glion Bpass to go with Sdance to help out Staraptor as well.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol Stealth Rock weak!!!

Needs more Zapdos. Gliscor would be good too. Make Salamence a Choice Glasses user.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mandatory huge electric weak post! Gligar evo might help you out there but it still won't save you from Starmie.

EDIT:Misty beat me to Gliscor.

I originally had Glion in there, but couldnt decide the right moveset. Yeah, I thought about AG Salamence, Ill change him now.

Mantine is a pokemon I'm not sure is necessary, but having both a physical and special tank do help, although togekiss can do pretty well as a special tank.

Hmm, what do you think I should take out?

Since most mono teams are novelty really, make Skarmory a "sweeper" just for the hell of it.

Make Crobat more offensive too, his speed gives him free hits from Somersault most of the time. Hypnosis support would be nice too, especially if he catches their Electric type with it.

Scyther, Aero and Gyarados are all good choices for mono flying.

I put in Glion, and took out Crobat. Immunity to Sandstorm, and Thunderbolt, and it also has good Stab off of EQ. Switched Skarm a bit.

How about Sub/Encore Jumpluff? Encore a Thunderbolt, switch to Gliscor, Encore an Ice Beam switch to Gyarados/Mantine/Charizard/Moltres, etc.

stealth rock puts a dent in an all-flying team :( as does PZ and Starmie. its cool and all to have a mono team but it wont be able to stand in competitive battling unfortunately

SKarm/Glion are not weak to Sr, and are immune to SStorm, Togekiss has feather rest, as does skarm, and My team has 2 sweepers to try and finish off the opponents quickly. 1 special, 1 physical, and potentially togekiss.

This team kind of is meant to prevent long games b/c of the speed and power the 2 sweepers bring to 1hko many pokemon, ie: CBand Infight vs Blissey.

I wont use Charizard/Moltres/Articuno b/c of Sr, but Jumpluff seems usable, and sleep would be helpful, but who to replace?

King's Rock only adds flinch chance to moves that don't already have it, meaning it doesn't do anything to Air Slash's flinch chance. Unless you somehow feel like making Pulse Bomb make things flinch, in which case go for it.

It says so in the Serebii dex that it does, as well as headbutt. Check it out. Also If you are sitll correct, I could give it leftovers... Right now Im more concerned about movesets, and the natures/evs.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
~Dragon Pulse/Hp Grass (Surprise Swampert!)
Modest, 350 Special Attack Salamence's Adherence Glasses Meteoric Swarm against 401HP/216SpD (near-max/min) Swampert: 91-108%
Modest, 350 Special Attack Salamence's Adherence Glasses Dragon Pulse against 401HP/216SpD (near-max/min) Swampert: 59-69%

Since Swampert takes over 53% from Dragon Pulse if it switches in, it will die if it stays in. If you ever have Salamence against Swampert and are free to choose a move, Meteoric Swarm will likely OHKO. If you aren't free to choose a move, you were either switching anyway or it knows you have HP Grass and the surprise factor is wasted.

So it's really only an issue of when you're bringing Salamence in on a Swampert that has 85% HP or more (Leftovers recovery), in which case I would just bring in Togekill and its 125 SpD and Feather Rest (put Leftovers on it please).

I edited my team. I still feel Glion's only purpose is its typing. It really has no real use, except maybe Hyper Cutter+Swords Dance, but even then its still slow. (95 base speed isn't much in DP w/o salac/Ascarf). Baton Pass is nice, but Glion really need to attack rather than BPass( b/c of stab EQ) and Sr is to make Skarmary a little less troubled with deciding a moveset.

Hm I have trouble deciding what to use on Togekiss, a sweeper or a supporter (TW vs Scheme), and GRope vs PBomb.

Skamary has Sdance incase Gyarados switches in, and thinks it can just Taunt+Ddance to victory. With a Sdance - Intimidate, skarmary can deal some pretty decent damage with that +1 Attack, 120 BP Drill Peck, since I have no Electric attacks. (I was even thinking of Brave bird, but didn't like the recoil).

SKarmary still would have max defenses/Hp, since Swords Dance would be there to make up for its low Base Attack. Maybe a few leftover Evs into attack, but nothing highly invested. Maybe 16 evs into attack to make it 200 and double to 400 after 1 SDance, which is a nice 300 after 1 intimidate.

Gliscor is far better at BPing than it is at sweeping. That's why I'd suggest using Gyarados over Mantine. One SD pass from Gliscor and Gyarados just needs to DD once and will more than likely sweep an entire team.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Posting to say that mono teams are really, really pointless at this stage of the game and honestly aren't worth rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)