Pet Mod The Pokedex Redone v2 (Moved to V3, check post #112)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been on vacation and unable to check the thread and just saw that my sub got DQed. I think the reason for so many subs going over the move limit is that that when dealing with Pokemon that are changing their types from normal type to another type, such as electric in the case of my line, it doesn’t really make sense flavor-wise to remove the normal type moves, as almost almost every Pokemon has a relatively wide array of bland normal moves available to them. I think the removed move for an added move rule works well when changing the secondary type of a Pokemon from say water to fire, as each water move can be swapped one for one with a fire move, however this is not so much the case when removing the normal typing. Although all the changes to past submissions are already set in stone, I think it might be a good idea for the future to consider amending the rule saying only when a one-typed Pokemon is given a second typing can it add 15 moves to also include adding 15 moves when the normal typing is changed.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pokemon: Sewratter-A
Typing: Water/Poison
Stats: 40/26/35/52/45/55
Abilities: Storm Drain/Corrosion/Intimidate
Changed Moves (Respective to Sewratter-Base): -Energy Ball, Double-Edge, Last Resort, Skull Bash, Retaliate, Boomburst, +Surf, Hydro Pump, Waterfall, Bubble
Pokédex Entry: This form of Sewratter has adapted to swimming in its sewer water so much that it could survive in the wild as a fully aquatic species. It forms tough rivalries with regular Sewratter.
Weight: 3.1 kg
Height: 1 ft 2 in
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Egg Groups: Field/Amorphous
Evolution: Cholerat-A at Level 20

Pokemon: Cholerat-A
Typing: Water/Poison
Stats: 70/36/60/92/60/90
Abilities: Storm Drain/Corrosion/Intimidate
Changed Moves (Respective to Cholerat-Base): -Energy Ball, Double-Edge, Last Resort, Skull Bash, Retaliate, Boomburst, +Surf, Hydro Pump, Waterfall, Bubble
Pokédex Entry: Cholerat's newer form can completely control the buoyancy of its body by creating bubbles out of fumes inside its body. A lone Cholerat has been shown to cross canals by itself, thus allowing its species to invade new territory.
Weight: 13 kg
Height: 2 ft 5 in
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Egg Groups: Field/Amorphous
Explanation: Lower tier Nasty Plot user. Raticate has a pretty good Special movepool to help this out at least.

Also, last I checked the spreadsheet, Harpierce was still misspelled "Harpiece." I mentioned this in the Discord but it's pretty inactive so I don't know if it was noticed.

Last edited:
I would like to join the council. I have a few nitpicks with how the current system is and don't want to submit, especially when I don't see an example format. One thing I'd like to point out is the extremely arbitrary BST stat minimum requirements. Besides being completely random, they also were meant for Gen 1, as the original mod was a Gen 1 mod, and need to be updated. This was already stated by Petuuuhhh, the original mod owner, so I don't know if you didn't read it or what. What I'd like to see is stat minimums and maximums determined on a case-by-case basis. Also, I feel that there needs to be less required fields. Although this is mostly a flavor mod, this is Smogon, so I'd like the option to only focus on the competitive stuff. I'll be joining the Discord shortly to see if you're available to discuss.

I would like to join the council. I have a few nitpicks with how the current system is and don't want to submit, especially when I don't see an example format. One thing I'd like to point out is the extremely arbitrary BST stat minimum requirements. Besides being completely random, they also were meant for Gen 1, as the original mod was a Gen 1 mod, and need to be updated. This was already stated by Petuuuhhh, the original mod owner, so I don't know if you didn't read it or what. What I'd like to see is stat minimums and maximums determined on a case-by-case basis. Also, I feel that there needs to be less required fields. Although this is mostly a flavor mod, this is Smogon, so I'd like the option to only focus on the competitive stuff. I'll be joining the Discord shortly to see if you're available to discuss.
So what do you propose?

So what do you propose?
I just told you...
One thing I'd like to make clear is you can declare stat minimums and maximums per Pokemon. That level of control imo would be necessary to tailor subs toward specific Pokemon. I PMed you (I think) on Discord. There was somebody in the Pet Mods Discord with your name and profile pic, at least.

I just told you...
One thing I'd like to make clear is you can declare stat minimums and maximums per Pokemon. That level of control imo would be necessary to tailor subs toward specific Pokemon. I PMed you (I think) on Discord. There was somebody in the Pet Mods Discord with your name and profile pic, at least.
Sure thanks. Do you really want to be in the council?

Also, I’m officially stepping down as a member of the council and I’m relinquishing ownership of TPR, since my main focus is now on Megas for All.

I am appointing FinalF as my successor. Feel free to create a new thread for TPR v3, as well as revamping this. Make sure to ask G-Luke for permission first before posting the new thread.

It has been fun, seeya in Megas for All!

Also, I’m officially stepping down as a member of the council and I’m relinquishing ownership of TPR, since my main focus is now on Megas for All.

I am appointing FinalF as my successor. Feel free to create a new thread for TPR v3, as well as revamping this. Make sure to ask G-Luke for permission first before posting the new thread.

It has been fun, seeya in Megas for All!
Uh I’m okay with that but you really should check with me first before doing something like this. What if I just wanted to be a council member and not a leader? Anyway, I appreciate you handing the Pet Mod off to me, and I’ll post for approval soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)