Tournament TLT III: Round 6

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion
FJeTsqx.png

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the third iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is seed #1, while Xiri is seed #16. Xiri, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Xiri, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. TWW follows with OU. Xiri then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. Xiri then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Xiri locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 6 Matchups
Winners Bracket

Akashi vs 100%GXE
Hamhamhamham vs Nat

Losers Bracket
SMB vs frisoeva
PD vs EternalSnowman

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.

Congratulations to our top 8 players. From this round onwards, matches will be conducted in a bo5 format. Otherwise, the same rules apply.​

Deadline will be 9th of October at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Replays are now mandatory. If you do not post replays, your win will be nullified, and the match will be coinflipped.

Last edited:

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
finally early

Akashi vs 100%GXE - personally a fan of both players but i consider gxe to be better. should be a great one tho (GXE in 4)
Hamhamhamham vs Nat - i have these 2 as my finalists, and i said ham was gonna be in the winners so im sticking to that (Ham in 5)

SMB vs frisoeva - literally a tossup. my gut says smb
PD vs EternalSnowman - GOOOO PD, i have no idea for this one logically

ngl i want gxe vs pd in finals

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I don't have time for a saucy intro but here are my Fragalicious predicts for round 6, can I get a drum roll PLEASE:

Jeran vs GXE -- I feel like Jeran has yet to face top tier player this tour so it'll be an interesting one but I gotta roll with GXE (wasn't gxe the name of a Yu-Gi-Oh series?)
Ham vs Nat -- both good players but Nat once ignored me in pms so Ham will deliver the HAMmer of justice

SMB vs Friso -- I don't think Friso can take SMB in dou and both are pretty on par with each other for most other tiers so I'm going with Sizzling Matza Balls (this is what SMB stands for right)
PD vs ESM -- ngl I just closed my eyes and pointed to a name

And there we have it, if any of these predicts are incorrect I'm kidnapping Robb and making him listen to esm vids for the rest of his life so for his sake follow the script. Good luck dudes and dudettes!

Last edited:
I'm just gonna casually drop my -100 IQ predicts cuz I want to procrastinate harder:

Jeran vs 100%GXE: my man's gonna hit me up with those saucy V-bucks so I have to go with GXE here (side note, that ESM review parody was hella entertaining to watch). (Jokes aside, 35 - 65)
Hamhamhamham
vs Nat: I got absolutely rolled in TPC totally and definitely not because I lucked my way into finals but Ham's definitely got the skills to pull off a win against Nat. (60 - 40)

SMB vs Frisoeva: This match could go either way since both of these players are GOATs (50 - 50)
PD vs ESM: I'mma just trust the power rankings here but both of these players have won against some really tough competition, so I see this being a good series. (45 - 55)

Really tough calls here but here we go.

Jeran vs GXE - I consider GXE to be a tad better here. Rooting for gxe from ominousgxe1111.
Ham vs Nat - the first dilemma. But because this is bo5 I'm gonna give the edge to ham though nat winning here won't come as a surprise at all. She is a hell of a good player and should give ham a run for his money.
Friso vs smb - the second dilemma. As much as close this will be, SMB has had a lot of success in past tlts. I see em taking this one over friso just for that reason. Though again ngl smb winning would still be a bit of a surprise seeing how good friso can be at his best.
PD vs ESM - the third dilemma. Rosey's pick of the tour vs my pick of the tour. As much as I would love to see PD to ahead, ESM has it in him to stop em. Gonna go with esm just because I predict em to win. Though ngl pd has an equal chance to win here.

Won't pick hls here cuz let's face it every game is a highlight. But personally I wanna see PD vs ESM.
Also I know this is a bit much to ask but can we have commentary on these matches if possible?

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Winners Bracket
Akashi
vs 100%GXE - Not super familiar with GXE so this one is a little biased, but almost everytime I see Akashi playing he ends up winning.
Hamhamhamham vs Nat - Very cool matchup, ham is super acclaimed by the tours room for good reason, and I have no doubt it'll be a close series. However, I'm gonna have to go with Nat here. She's got top results in SPL, Snake, (even won a Smogon Tour recently) and is generally regarded as one of the higher calibre lower tier players on Smogon. It'll take an extraordinary performance from one of the remaining players in the Winners Bracket for me to not bold her name every time.

Losers Bracket
SMB
vs frisoeva - SMB is my other favorite to win this tournament, he's a top class player, ridiculously good at DOU and from what I've seen he's more than competent in singles tiers too. Frisoeva is a very solid contender and it'd be foolish to write him off here, wouldn't be surprised to see this go to a game 5. Edge to my fellow Bushmaster SMB.
PD vs EternalSnowman - Don't know much about PD, but I've seen EternalSnowman quite a bit in many lower tier circuits for a while now, and he seems to have pretty consistent results, slight edge as long as we dont see a Clauncher in the LC game.

Why not let my predicts out there too. So here goes

Akashi vs GXE - I say 55-45 jeran. Will be close
Hamhamhamham vs Nat - I'd say ham wins comfortably as its a best of 5. (70-30)

SMB vs Frisoeva - Hard to pick against my BLT captain :p He won us every game. (65-35)
PD vs Eternalsnowman- Just a gut feeling he will pull of an upset (51-49)

Good luck to all. Do post ur MATCH TIMES.

this is the first ever youtube video I've created revolving around pokemon (just slight commentary and predictions dont expect much)
  1. dont ask me about my tabs
  2. my video got cut short btw
  3. EternalSnowman when do you want to play?
  4. I will be recording our battle of 5 so stay tuned.
  5. good luck everyone!
:bloblul::bloblul::bloblul:

Last edited:

this is the first ever youtube video I've created revolving around pokemon (just slight commentary and predictions dont expect much)
  1. dont ask me about my tabs
  2. my video got cut short btw
  3. EternalSnowman when do you want to play?
  4. I will be recording our battle of 5 so stay tuned.
  5. good luck everyone!
:bloblul::bloblul::bloblul:
dont ever do this again

Good evening Tours Room and TLT enthusiasts,

It’s a bittersweet ending to my 2nd and farthest TLT run ever. I’m sad I didn’t have the grit nor the time/effort to make it further but I am glad this long journey of 6-10 weeks in TLT has come to an end. Really wish it didn’t have to collide with school but I’m glad I got back into mons after a while. I can still post my commentary of our battle if anyone would like but for the sake of saving time during midterm week I won’t post otherwise.​

• With that said, gl to ESM and the others left in top 6. Props to you man and in all seriousness I respect the amount growth you’ve accumulated in a couple of years. The meta knowledge gained and commitment you’ve made to the Pokémon community is admirable.​
  • Hys - Hys is the unsung hero who has helped me prep and build for NU despite me never really using his teams. This last battle vs ESM I actually would’ve enjoyed the matchup better had I brought the team HYS built for me so big mistake on my part there, but thanks for being a good friend for me since my return bro. neomon Thanks for passing me the NU teams that I actually used this tour and for being cool PrinceOfAllTacos 100%GXE SMB Dj Breloominati♬ OminousDraco Leo idk if this is king Leo v or not but — these are the dudes I tested with the most throughout the tour so thank you all a bunch for helping me to practice and prep for my matches. Mishimono FloristtheBudew sad I didn’t get to use florist’s DOU team in TLT vs ESM but shoutouts to these fellas in Tohjo Falls for helping me w DOU prep. Big shoutout to the NFE community in supporting me during my matches as well ayedan FU SHUN HA Anime Sans Simbo Toy Time King Elgino10 and shoutouts to Robb576 and Roseybear for rooting me on to win the whole thing
    s/o to Jeran for being more tolerable than he was in the past and actually becoming a friend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)