Tournament TLT IV: Playoff Finals

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
FJeTsqx.png

Banner by sirDonovan
Approved by Zodiax
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the fourth iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in best-of-five format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is now Single elimination.

The tiers that will be played are:

SS Ubers
SS OU
SS UU
SS RU
SS NU
SS PU
SS LC

In order to fairly determine the five of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating one tiers, thus leaving five to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the five tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the remaining tiers is played for game two and so on until there's a series winner or a game five. Naturally, game five will be played in the last remaining tier.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs taking the record of the person they are subbing in for.

Finals:

4. Luthier
vs 6. Stareal

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.

Deadline will be 31st of January at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Tier bans that happened before this round was posted WILL apply.

Replays are mandatory.

Reminder Series Now are Best of 5 (Only Need to Lock 1 tier)

Last edited:
While I personally find these finals to be anticlimatic, a predict shall be done. But first...

To those who didn't see the lc game (game 2 of the series) between Kythr and Luthier since the replay wasn't saved, here's a bit of what happened: https://pastebin.com/4fCzww0y

Rip Kythr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now PREDICTS! Well, no s, its just one this time.

4. Luthier vs 6. Stareal - I think most of us expected luthier to end up here, but congrats star on making it to this point! But Stareal won't be the real star in this final matchup. I feel Luthier is more solid than star in most tiers aside maybe 1 or 2 of them. After watching these 2 throughout the tour, star has definitely impressed me a lot but comparing the 2, I think luthier has shined a little brighter. I'm predicting a 3 or 4 game series ending in luth's victory, as he's been the real star since round 1.

Gl to both and a big congrats to the winner!

(Apologies to anyone I may have possibly offended, please do not take these very seriously.)

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone and welcome to TLT Finals ! :Smogjynx:

I am the Great Mellow ! Renowned player known throughout France, I climbed to the top of the top 1 Girl Category France. But I am also nicknamed Mellow Grand Ecran ! Having covered very very big tournaments like the TPP as well as BLT, I will bring you closer to the action every match thanks to a great tool called Pokémon Showdown Replay. You will be able to live and admire each match of your favorite player ! :Gengar:

In order to reward your victory, you have the possibility of obtaining a small custom avatar next to your name ^^ I ask to choose the Pokémon of your choice that will represent you in the tournament (Your favorite Pokémon, a powerful Pokémon or whatever) :Smogjynx:

Here are the choices available to you are as follows ->

- All 898 pokémon differents --> https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_National_Pokédex_number

- All regionals Versions --> https://www.pokepedia.fr/Forme_régionale ( This is the French version but you can use the pictures for your choice )

- All Gigamax Version --> https://www.pokepedia.fr/Gigamax ( This is the French version but you can use the pictures for your choice )

- Shinylock --> Unfortunately all shiny are not available :psysad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

• Replays will be necessary in winposts.
  • The winners of the matches will have the possibility of having a small avatar of their favorite Pokémon in order to represent them at best (I know that it is a little poor but it is the best I can do to support and thank you for making this tournament
  • A big thank you to the staff who make this tournament possible, a big thank you to all the players who participate in this tournament and we are amazed in this crazy competition. :jynx:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Cresselia: Before starting the competition, we will take a few minutes to congratulate all our fallen who are despite all beaten with a lot of archery and who unfortunately had to give up or did not come out alive ! :Cresselia:

:Cresselia: Straighten up after a failure and proudly walk towards your goal ... This is the real strength ! :Cresselia:

:Bayleef: t0te :Bayleef: | :Skorupi: TheGreenRoman :Skorupi: | :Rayquaza: PrinceOfAllTacos :Rayquaza: | :Chatot: LethalHobo723 :Chatot: | :Fennekin: Maki :Fennekin: | :Sharpedo: realSurfyTeen :Sharpedo: | ( ??? ) Sets ( ??? ) | :Zacian: Baloor :Zacian: | :Infernape: Vamshi :Infernape: | :Luxray: NotAnHacker :Luxray: | :Meloetta-Pirouette: Failures :Meloetta-Pirouette: | :Ribombee: Gilgamesh9 :Ribombee: | :Chikorita: Skipkan :Chikorita: | :Absol: KabilaPok :Absol: | :Pignite: e~t~h~e~y :Pignite: | :Quagsire: micoytancinco12 :Quagsire: | ( ??? ) henguinie ( ??? ) | ( ??? ) Dragon246 ( ??? ) | :Blacephalon: Trade :Blacephalon: | :Blaziken: halaman95 :Blaziken: | :Lanturn: get_lucki :Lanturn: | :Swanna: Shadowmonstr7 :Swanna: | ( ??? ) giove97 ( ??? ) | ( ??? ) Atiman ( ??? ) | ( ??? ) Hoopa590 ( ??? ) | :Mawile-Mega: Roxiee :Mawile-Mega: | :Zacian-Crowned: blinkboy :Zacian-Crowned:| :Oshawott: FatFighter2 :Oshawott: | :Skorupi: Ronman5 :Skorupi: | :Cryogonal: Mr. DoTooMuch :Cryogonal: | :Yamper: Hys :Yamper: | :Jolteon: Let's Rumble Shall We :Jolteon: | :Dragonite: lkapkd1 :Dragonite: | :Crobat: Gray :Crobat: | :Hoopa: 7u9i2 :Hoopa: | ( ??? ) SiceXV ( ??? ) | :Altaria-Mega: Angels & Airwaves :Altaria-Mega: | :Alakazam: MJ :Alakazam: | ( ??? ) Alternatif ( ??? ) | :Kingdra: RichardPepper :Kingdra: | :Scrafty: saba1111 :Scrafty: | :Bisharp: 100%GXE :Bisharp: | :Passimian: RaJ.Shoot :Passimian: | :Bounsweet: Sificon :Bounsweet: | :Incineroar: APW001 :Incineroar: | :Cubchoo: iNoLife | :Smeargle: TheFranklin :Smeargle: | :Glalie-Mega: Cheese5555 :Glalie-Mega: | :Goodra: Decem :Goodra: | :Serperior: Sensei Axew :Serperior: | :Abomasnow-Mega: EternalSnowman :Abomasnow-Mega: | :Lopunny: TeamCharm69 :Lopunny: | :Shinx: kythr :Shinx:

The lessons we learn from suffering make us stronger.

When you have too much affection, you run to ruin, it is contrary to ambition.
Acts always occur suddenly, the reasons only appear afterwards.
It is our conception of justice that guides us.
We are quite ordinary fighters driven by a thirst for revenge which we have renamed justice, but by decreeing that his revenge is a fight for justice, one only breeds more thirst for revenge.
It is then that the circle of hatred takes shape.
The combatants will never be able to understand and get along, the world of combatants lives under the empire of hatred. It is only under the threat that peace can reign.
We cannot understand someone who suffers before having experienced the suffering for themselves, but it is not because we manage to understand each other that we necessarily get along better, c is the sad reality. The affection that combatants have for each other is too valuable for simple words to be enough to forgive everything. The war brings its share of defeats, wounds and suffering on both sides so whatever the outcome of the fight we all find ourselves victims, because the loss of a loved one is always difficult to overcome and to accept, we are says that this person cannot leave us so suddenly, we convince ourselves that everything is going to end well.

No matter how hard we try to grasp the idea of defeat, in the end all we have left is pain and an unbearable hatred, lives devoid of all values, an immense hatred which will fuel ceaselessly and a great pain that will never subside, that is what all the struggles in the world are all about. Fighting begins when you want to save something dear. If we fail, hatred is born.

:Gengar: Finals :Gengar:
4. Luthier :Charmander: vs 6. Stareal :Sableye-Mega: | Luthier :Charmander:

- Game 1 OU : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-539622 :Charmander:
- Game 2 RU : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ru-539617 :Charmander:
- Game 3 NU : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nu-539607 :Charmander:

Good Luck for TLV IV PlayOffs Finals ! :Smogjynx:

Important Information :

1. Replays will be necessary in winposts. | Replays are mandatory.
  2. Throughout this tournament, players will battle in best-of-five format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is now Single elimination.
  3. Tier bans that happened before this round was posted WILL apply.
  4. Deadline will be Deadline will be 31st of January at 11:59pm EST.
  5. Reminder Series Now are Best of 5 (Only Need to Lock 1 tier)

Here we are, always a little pinch in the heart to tell me that this adventure is coming to an end. We are all having a good time and I thank you all for the incredible games and all the moments we spent together. It was also my baptism of fire because I had not covered such a big tournament (64 players). Thank you all for playing the avatar game, for your patience and for all your efforts. Thank you to the organizers, to the members of the staff for allowing me to highlight the tournament, thank you to the players who took part in this superb tournament, thank you to all the people who expressed their sympathy in the reactions, thank you to all spectators present but also future which in a few years will come across this message but in the end I think the best thank you is as simple as this one. Thank you my friends.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)