Tournament TLT V: Round Five [Losers Only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1638764993184.png

Banner by the one and only sirDonovan | Approved by Nol

Welcome to the fifth iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:
SS Ubers
SS OU
SS UU
SS RU
SS NU
SS PU
SS LC
SS DOU
SS Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Ax is seed #1, while Nol is seed #16. Nol, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by Ax locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Nol, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. Ax follows with OU. Nol then eliminates LC, and Ax eliminates Doubles OU. Nol then eliminates NU, and Ax eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Nol locked in), RU (what Ax locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, Ax, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. Ax then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - read these, especially if you're new to forum tours
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Five Matchups

Losers Bracket

Crunchman vs Meminger21
(LC) | (Ubers)

Elfuseon vs Stareal
(UU) | (OU) | (LC)

Lukasjoel1 vs skimmythegod
(LC) | (PU)

PokemonCestDur vs RichardPepper
(Ubers) | (RU)

Higher seed is on the left.

You can find the full bracket here. You may not play battles for the next round until it has been posted.

The deadline for this round will be Sunday, December 26th at 11:59 PM EST.

Replay are not mandatory but they are appreciated.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Next Round is When Best of 5 Begins.

Predicts season 5:

Crunchman (55) vs Meminger21 (45): Crunch takes DOU, then it's up in the air, tough to predict without seeing tiers but I'll edge crunch (only slightly tho)

Elfuseon (51) vs Stareal (49): Another really tough one. Stareal takes OU but I do believe Elfuseon has what it takes to take any other tier.

Lukasjoel1 (60) vs skimmythegod (40): If this is the MU we get, I think lukas takes it over skimmy, not much to say tho.

Lukasjoel1 (25) vs Blimax (75): If this is what we get, I don't think lukas stands a chance (not that blim will lose against skimmy)

PokemonCestDur (1) vs RichardPepper (99): Trade got the 1% chance win over the goat last week. Lightning does not strike twice tho, richard advances.

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
Predicts season 5:

Crunchman vs Meminger21: Mem takes DOU, then it's up in the air, tough to predict without seeing tiers but I'll edge Mem.
Walruses are very susceptible to noise and disturbance. During their mass gatherings, stampedes can occur as easily spooked walruses attempt to reach the water.

Elfuseon vs Stareal : Star has never missed a triple axel in his life. Elfu played better last week but like hundreds of Elves die every year from falling stars. There are two main subspecies of walrus. The Atlantic and Pacific, which both occupy different areas of the Arctic. There's thought to be around 25,000 Atlantic and around 200,000 Pacific walrus in the wild.

Lukasjoel1 vs (Blimax / skimmythegod) : Have not watched a single game of Lukasjoel1's matches. I think blimax is good at pokemon and skimmy scares me. Thus Lukas will lose. Male Pacific walruses can reach 3.6 m long and weigh over 1,500kg (that’s 1.5 tonnes!). And big is beautiful, they need fat to stay alive.

RichardPepper vs PokemonCestDur: HL mu. PCD wins. Unfortunate it has to come at the cost Richard losing early tho. Both male and female walrus have large tusks. They use these tusks to help them haul themselves out of the water and onto sea ice. Their tusks are also used for fighting with other walruses, and defense against predators.

792cb20b3091389cacbca90b75aa20911ad9fb7d_hq (1).jpg

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
Predicts season round 5:

Crunchman (DOU) vs Meminger21 (Ubers): Prob the best dou match that will be played although meminger is gonna load 6 genesects and beat the heck out of t3ch. Just lock the 3rd tier already.

Elfuseon (50) vs Stareal (50): 2 GOATS at their own tiers, but seriously, no one wants to watch UU. Can we make that duu or metronome battle instead?

Lukasjoel1 vs (Blimax / skimmythegod) : This is literally a 1v2, how could this be fair?

RichardPepper vs PokemonCestDur: The bracket demon faces the french dude. I flipped a coin and it ended up on pcd's side so I'll give him the edge for this week.

Asking Mack Knife to teach me for future weeks/predicts

Last edited:
I can smell tlt nearly reaching its final stage so i have nothing to do so some predicts

LOSERS ROUND SEASON 5

Crunchman vs Meminger21 :Meminger is a solid player beating baloor,sificon and halaman but he has a really solid player to play against so i think Crunchman takes this.

Elfuseon vs Stareal: Really hyped match might be depended on what they pick elfu takes lc and stareal takes ou (ig) and (according to me....)Stareal win uu.

Lukasjoel1 vs skimmythegod :This is a bit hard to predict but i think Lukasjoel1 wins this.

PokemonCestDur vs RichardPepper: Really cool match Richard wins Mono PCD wins ru and the last one will be (according to me and i had to pick randomly ...)RichardPepper wins this.....
Hope y'all having a fun tlt:):psyglad:

Last edited:
Am I late? Yes. Could this be strategic lateness so that I could have all the locked tiers and result of skimmy vs blim to make more accurate predicts? Maybe. Is that my excuse for being lazy? Absolutely. Now for what you actually wanna read: Predicts!

Crunchman vs Meminger21 - This is the closest matchup of the week. Originally, I had predicted crunchman to win here, but after seeing all 3 tiers, I now favor meminger. Crunch is great at ou, having beat crying in it just last week. I would say this is his best tier after doubles, and I think he should win this. Although, meminger can play ou pretty well too... so this could go either way. With the other 2 tiers, meminger should be favored in both. Ubers was his lock, and from what I've seen, he is pretty good in it, while crunch lost his ubers game last week after playing kinda weirdly. As for lc, I've both seen and faced meminger in this tier a lot in room tours, and he's really good in it, so I def expect meminger to take lc, and the entire set in 3. These two might be almost equal in terms of playing skill, but in these tiers, crunchman might be in a bit of a crunch, man.

Elfuseon vs Stareal - As versatile as Elfuseon is, stareal is now the real star of the loser's bracket. Even looking at the tiers, I still favor star here. OU is star's absolute specialty, and unless he gets hax or bad mu like last week, I don't see him losing in it. As for the other 2, while star isn't exactly known for playing lc or uu, the guy has the ability to play well in most tiers given the right prep. I don't really know how either of these players fare when it comes to uu so I'll favor star for being the better player. As for lc, I think Elfuseon has the best shot in this tier, as he is pretty good in it. I feel star is gonna be the shooting star of the losers bracket, he'll shoot through the competition and shoot Elfuseon straight out of it. He'll blast off like team rocket.

Lukasjoel1 vs skimmythegod - After pulling the Uno reverse card on "u done" girl, Lukasjoel won thanks to a speed tie, but his luck ends here. This match already happened, so if you want, you can skim through this one. Idk what the third tier was, but I think I would have favored skimmy regardless, cause he's a god. I'm not surprised skimmy won pu, I believe he's pretty good in that tier despite what happened last week. As for lc, I may have favored lukasjoel but I guess this can be boiled down to "skimmy better". I expected skimmy to win here as the better player overall, not necessarily in 2, but this is a nice way to come back after being 2-0ed by blim. As for lukas, "lukasjoelwon" just became lukasjoel lost. So now he is Lukasjoeldone and lukasjoelgone, or lukasjoel0, cause he is 0ut.

Watched the replays, pu was a curbstomp, and lc was kinda unfortunate cause it came down to a 1v1 and lukas might have won if not for his pory being poisoned.

PokemonCestDur vs RichardPepper - I'd keep an eye on PCD cause this guy dropped into losers r1 and is still going, and based on how I predict this will play out, I think he'll continue to keep going. Idt PCD is as washed as people have been saying, he's been doing fine. Its hard to say who is really favored in terms of tiers, since both locked their mains and their third tier is a tier neither of them really play, to my knowledge. So PCD should take ru, Richard should take Mono... then it comes down to ubers. Since I think PCD is the better player here, I think he'll take this in 3, unless Richard busts out the Pepper Spray and gets hax or good mu.

Would just like to point out, since Skimmy already won... if PCD beats Richard, it'll be a rematch for Skimmy vs PCD! Hype!

Anyways, thanks for reading and see you next week.

(Apologies to anyone I may have possibly offended. Please do not take these very seriously.)

Last edited:
It's ova !

I write this little text to thank some people : first off : Gray , your help was always top notch during this tour, making my weakness less visible. I hope to see you around showdy stronger than ever :yellowheart:

Sirwings and Astrø my fellow french teammates for their inexhaustible builds.

Micoy / PokeArt2004♥ get a better mic/internet please :blobthumbsup: peace

Gl for the remaining people of that TLT,

And guys see you in 2022, happy end year to everyone !

:swole:

Don't worry RichardPepper it's pokemon ;) :smogduck::smogduck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)