Tormenting Spirits

Very interesting, though the main thing I find interesting about it is the influence on the switching game -something has just used Close Combat? Then it's safe to switch in your Pokemon that laughs off its other moves and can take a single Close Combat, but not two, where that would be really risky in normal play. I don't think it actually has that much of an effect on most things.

But some notable points include...

-Focus Sash Shedinja is way better now, because if you only have one anti-Shedinja move you cannot take it out in two turns.

-Lum Berry is a lot more useful in general. They hit you with Will O Wisp or Spore or whatever, you laugh it off, and then you have a turn free to not fear it.

-Natural Cure Pokemon absorbing Spore is a lot more useful too -the enemy can't just Spore a second time on an anticipated switch. Same thing for other statuses in general, really.

-Sucker Punch is much more counterable. Put up Substitute or whatever, "dodging" Sucker Punch, and then attack confident they can't Sucker Punch. This is true of priority in general, but Sucker Punch in particular stands out since you can cause it to fail outright.

-Knock Off spam isn't possible anymore. Absorb Knock Off with your Mega, and then switch in something else.

Probably other cool stuff, but these are some obvious ones to me.

knock off spam is feasible it just isn't your go to move. after all you can only have one mega but alot of knock offs.

knock off spam is feasible it just isn't your go to move. after all you can only have one mega but alot of knock offs.
My point was people can't just use Knock Off as many times in a row as it takes -so you can switch in your Mega/other Pokemon that doesn't care about Knock Off and then switch in some other Pokemon that hates Knock Off and outspeeds/King's Shields/Protects/whatever to waste the next Knock Off, having been 100% sure Knock Off wouldn't hit it on the way in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)