Done Tour notification improvements

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Make a command to ignore tournament notifications.
I still want to be able to participate in tournaments when they happen, I just don't want to get pinged when I'm not interested in them.

Possibly even modify the idea or the ignore tournaments setting for users to select specific rooms to ignore tours/notifications from, rather than having your only option be to ignore tours from all of PS.

pre

pkmn.cc
I think you would just need to add a Dex.pref (eg. 'notournamentnotifications', or even better, just turn the 'notournaments' boolean pref into an enum with 0 = current 'no tournaments' behavior, 1 = current 'show all tournament with notifications behavior', 2 = new 'turn off just the notifications' feature), wire it up in client-topbar.js, and then in the four places where we notifyOnce in client-chat-tournament.js, check the pref value before deciding whether to notify. I don't know for sure without trying to implement this whether the server is sending tournament notifications directly as well (though looking at server/tournaments/index.js nothing immediately jumps out, so I'm somewhat confident), but it could really just be a ~30 line client change to implement that a new contributor could handle fairly easily.

Regarding the setting for 'specific rooms', this would require similar work to what I explained in the 'room specific highlights' suggest thread, so really the more general thing that we'd want to handle at a lower level is a 'room specific prefs' pattern that could be used for both of these features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)