Pet Mod Trainer Support

VOTING IS CLOSED
Congratulations to the winners, from now on we will switch to structured slates. The next slate will begin on Sunday.
Winners:
Yung Dramps' Miror B: 14
Rasdantation's Masked Royal: 6
Portable Fridge's Roxie: 4

1656203743404.png

Name: Ghetsis
Ability: Landing Ice-type attacks lower the target’s speed by 1 stage.
Explanation: Ghetsis’ whole thing is freezing the region all over utilizing Kyurem’s powers in B&W 2. This support ability kinda felt fitting to that flavor.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor

"We will see whose belief is stronger."
Name: N
Ability: After using attacks that are super effective against the target, this trainer's Pokemon gain 1/8 of the damage in HP dealt.
Explanation: Essentially Shell Bell's effect but only on SE attacks. Using SE hits is meant to reflect N's use of all 17 types (at the time of BW) while the recovery represents how much N cares for Pokemon.

"I was expecting exactly that kind of move!"
Ability: When this trainer's current Pokemon is damaged by any move, X starts at 0.2. Moves used by the current Pokemon have their damage multiplied by 1+X, and whenever the current Pokemon is hit by the opposing Pokemon, X increases by 0.2, with a maximum of 1 (this means 1+1, a final multiplier of 2). X resets to 0 when this trainer's current Pokemon is no longer active.
Explanation: I know that looks like a whole lotta maths and no one likes maths but basically Ghetsis' current Pokemon will get a 20% damage boost every time it gets attacked and that damage boost caps at 100%, resetting when switched out or KOed. Think of it like GSC Rage but weaker and it's for every move. This is meant to reflect Ghetsis' abusive nature (not only to N but to his own Pokemon, his Hydreigon in B2W2 has 0 friendship and uses Frustration) and his own unbridled rage when confronted in B2W2's climax.

Last edited:
1656200881765.png

Ability: Recoil from moves lowered by 25%. Life Orb recoil unchanged.
Explanation: Something something power of friendship something something.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
The power level slate 1 is higher than I would of liked, but oh well better make some broken subs of my own and prepare for the inevitable powercreep

Ability: Your Pokemon restore 1/16 max HP at the end of each turn except for their first turn out (resets upon switching)
Explanation: Free Lefties is pretty strong. Healing fits N and it disincentives switching because switching uses Pokeballs.

Ability: Your Pokemon restore 1/3 of their max HP when hit by an an attack they’re immune to.
Explanation: I noticed that every single member of both his BW and BW2 teams has (or can have - his BW2 Toxicroak has Poison Touch but Toxicroak can have Dry Skin) some kind of type immunity, and Cofagrigus, Bisarp, and Hydreigon all have 2. Unlike N, Ghetsis’s ability rewards switching around to trigger immunities.

RIP Hugh nobody likes Hugh

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
N: bloopyghost, ardy (free lefties is broken)
Ghetsis: xenon (this one’s stupidly good but I think the others are both significantly more broken)

Ema Skye

Work!
Name: Koga (GSC)
Ability: Entry hazards set by Koga's team must be spun/defogged twice to be removed.
Explanation: Koga is about the only trainer I can think of that runs hazards (other than Roark who gives you the TM for SR). It could be a very valuable tool for HO builds to get the extra turn to deal with the defogger, or letting you defog without removing your own hazards.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
i will do two resubs and then make a new sub so i will look less lazy

"Hah! You better have Burn Heal!"
Name: Blaine (RBY)
Ability: All moves that have a chance to burn used by this trainer's Pokemon have their burn chance raised by 10%.

"I did it! All my studying paid off!"
Name: Roxanne (ORAS)
Ability: The accuracy of Rock-type moves used by this trainer's Pokemon is 1.3x.

VSLucy.png

"I've trampled flowers and braved storms to get to where I am..."
Name: Lucy (Emerald)
Ability: This trainer's Pokemon have a 25% chance to have their non-volatile status conditions cured at the end of each turn.
Explanation: Shed Skin but slightly weaker. Lucy has a thing for Seviper so her ability borrows from one of Seviper's own abilities. Her ability's random nature also plays into how the Battle Pike is largely an RNG fest.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
meant to cook up some subs but forgot, rip

Roxanne
Blaine

Koga - Even in HDB meta, doubling the requirement to remove hazards sounds pretty unhealthy to me.
Lucy - Basically shutting down your opponent’s status game sounds stupidly strong. This can also cure Rest, though idk how practical that is.
Red - This feels like it only exists to shut down Roxie, which is easily the weakest trainer we have currently, while also annoying a couple of Miror synergy mons. I don’t really like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)