Data Two Type Move Combos Gen 6 (Coverage, Resistances)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated the OP with suggestions made in the BW thread and via PMs, also

Offensive:

Normal/Ghost
Resisted: Steel/Dark, Rock/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Steel/Normal and Rock/Normal

Defensive:

Bug/Steel
Resists: Poison (Immune), Normal, Bug, Steel, Grass (x.25), Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Fairy

If no one has anything to fix about the above or has anything new to suggest, feel free before I update the OP again.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
This is just a minor nitpick but you're missing bug/fairy as a dragon/ground resist.

Also, just bumping the thread for my own reasons. This is useful to me.

G) Normal/Water:

Resisted by: Water/Ghost, Water/Steel, Grass/Steel, Storm Drain Cradily (Ability), Dragon/Ghost, Dragon/Steel, Grass/Ghost
Perfect Third Type Coverage: N/A
Ghost and Dark have perfect 3rd move coverage here. As does fire if you're playing OU though Giratina resists in Ubers (edit derp no it doesnt).

Last edited:
So are you taking into account resist/neutral for the type match ups or purely resist/resist or resist/immune?

Resist/Resist or Resist/Immune.

Also as you may know, Mega Loppuny (Normal/Fight with Scrappy) has been announced! Also Rock/Fairy (Diancie) is real as well as the legendary Dragon/Fairy typing (Mega Altaria). Normal/Fairy also gained a new member (Mega Audino).

Mega Altaria wants to prove that Dragon/Fairy can compete with Azumarill's Water/Fairy in the 'number of key resistances' department

Bronzong resists Fairy/Ground as well.

Also, defensively, Ghost/Normal isn't too shabby were it real. Three immunities, including the only natural way to resist both Ghost and Fight together, 2 resists and only one weakness.
Yes but that's the weakness to Knock Off it has. Thus it might be the third worst single type to be weak to (behind ground and rock).

Even though Normal/Fighting + Scrappy isn't resisted by anything, the combo still technically doesn't affect Shedinja.

As an aside, I've been toying around with gravity recently. Without ground immunities the only 2 types that resist ground are grass and bug, and each have extremely similar type matchups.

Under gravity Ground+Flying, Ground+Fire, and Ground+fairy all have perfect coverage, the former two even including shedinja. Ground+Steel is only resisted by Ludicolo and Surskit, Ground+Dragon is only resisted by Whimsicott, and Ground+normal is only resisted by Trevenant. Those last two are especially interesting because one of the as of now unreleased moves datamined from XY, Thousand Arrows, appears to be a ground type move that ignores all ground immunities and looks to be a signature move of Zygarde, who has ground/dragon STAB as well as extreme speed.

It was just really interesting analyzing how without ground immunities, the type match up chart falls into complete shambles and ground decimates everything. This may be why levitate was an ability as far back as gen 3 when abilities were first introduced, as well as the most distributed type immunity ability. Not just that but it's the only type immunity ability that does not have a secondary effect like stat boosts or health recovery, and also is the only type immunity ability that grants immunity to a type that the regular type chart also already grants immunity to. Even on top of this Air Balloon was added in gen V to allow any pokemon to be temporarily immune to ground. The ground immunity seems hyper-important to the type chart's balance.

OH also Zapdos resists flying/ground so add that to the OP.

Just wondering, how is Zapdos resisting Ground under gravity?
I meant in general, flying/electric is missing from the OP under ground/flying resists. Should have clarified.

EDIT: electric/flying resisting ground/flying also means that fighting is no longer a perfect third coverage move.

Last edited:
On Ice/Ground wouldn't Bonzong resist the perfect coverage move as well?
Yup, thanks for the heads up.

Even though Normal/Fighting + Scrappy isn't resisted by anything, the combo still technically doesn't affect Shedinja.
Yup that is definitely interesting. If you guys want I can write a little section about Shedinja..

I meant in general, flying/electric is missing from the OP under ground/flying resists. Should have clarified.

EDIT: electric/flying resisting ground/flying also means that fighting is no longer a perfect third coverage move.
Yeah, Flying/Ground just dropped a few places, thanks.

Just wondering, how is Zapdos resisting Ground under gravity?
I can also write a gravity section but it has to be a select mon or two, for example Gravity Landrous.

Extremely small nitpick, under Bug/Ghost combo Normal/Fairy is not underlined. The typing does exist with Wiggs and Jiggs.

It was just really interesting analyzing how without ground immunities, the type match up chart falls into complete shambles and ground decimates everything. This may be why levitate was an ability as far back as gen 3 when abilities were first introduced, as well as the most distributed type immunity ability. Not just that but it's the only type immunity ability that does not have a secondary effect like stat boosts or health recovery, and also is the only type immunity ability that grants immunity to a type that the regular type chart also already grants immunity to. Even on top of this Air Balloon was added in gen V to allow any pokemon to be temporarily immune to ground. The ground immunity seems hyper-important to the type chart's balance.

OH also Zapdos resists flying/ground so add that to the OP.
Lightningrod also, although it's a lot rarer

Lightningrod also, although it's a lot rarer
Funnily enough I forgot ground was immune to electric, not that lightning rod and volt absorb existed. Wow how'd I let that slip.
Yup, thanks for the heads up.
I can also write a gravity section but it has to be a select mon or two, for example Gravity Landrous.
I was on the fence about suggesting this, but after doing a lot of looking into the move I've come to the conclusion that the only pokemon who's a viable user of gravity in the first place is landorus, and he doesn't use any coverage moves that attain unresisted coverage with ground under gravity. The closest you get is HP flying. So it'd be largely pointless to start a gravity section.

Toxicroak should be added to the list of stuff that resists Water/Dark.

Oh, and just for fun I redid the offensive type combo list for a slightly different format. I identified which specific Pokemon resist each offensive type combo, assigned each Pokemon an integer value based on its respective tier (higher tier = higher number), added all the numbers up, and used the resulting sum as an indicator for overall effectiveness. As such, a lower sum means the type combo is resisted by less Pokemon, or at the very least it may be resisted by less relevant Pokemon. The scoring system is kinda like golf.

Some other things to note about my list:

- It's designed around the OU tier, so I didn't bother to mention Ubers
- I count a Pokemon and its Mega form as two different Pokemon
- I included all fully-evolved Pokemon (even Shedinja)
- I included Not-Fully-Evolved Pokemon if 1) they were ranked RU or higher, and 2) if they offered any significant reason to be used over their respective final evolutions
- I assigned NU and PU Pokemon the same value, because Pokemon from both tiers are mostly irrelevant to the OU metagame
- Since we don't yet know what tiers the new OR/AS Mega evolutions will fit into, I just ranked the Pokemon based on their regular forms.
- Any mention of Mold Breaker also counts as Turboblaze/Terravolt.
- I refrained from mentioning certain combos, because they don't have any representatives (i.e. anything with Fairy + Mold Breaker).

(click to zoom in)

Please feel free to point out if I missed something.

Edit: Here's another look at it, this time without any mentions of Mold Breaker or Scrappy.

Last edited:

420blazeit

Banned deucer.
Toxicroak should be added to the list of stuff that resists Water/Dark.

Oh, and just for fun I redid the offensive type combo list for a slightly different format. I identified which specific Pokemon resist each offensive type combo, assigned each Pokemon an integer value based on its respective tier (higher tier = higher number), added all the numbers up, and used the resulting sum as an indicator for overall effectiveness. As such, a lower sum means the type combo is resisted by less Pokemon, or at the very least it may be resisted by less relevant Pokemon. The scoring system is kinda like golf.

Some other things to note about my list:

- It's designed around the OU tier, so I didn't bother to mention Ubers
- I count a Pokemon and its Mega form as two different Pokemon
- I included all fully-evolved Pokemon (even Shedinja)
- I included Not-Fully-Evolved Pokemon if 1) they were ranked RU or higher, and 2) if they offered any significant reason to be used over their respective final evolutions
- I assigned NU and PU Pokemon the same value, because Pokemon from both tiers are mostly irrelevant to the OU metagame
- Since we don't yet know what tiers the new OR/AS Mega evolutions will fit into, I just ranked the Pokemon based on their regular forms.
- Any mention of Mold Breaker also counts as Turboblaze/Terravolt.
- I refrained from mentioning certain combos, because they don't have any representatives (i.e. anything with Fairy + Mold Breaker).

(click to zoom in)

Please feel free to point out if I missed something.

Edit: Here's another look at it, this time without any mentions of Mold Breaker or Scrappy.

Lol get a hobby u skrublord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)