Ubers Ubers Classic V Playoffs - Finals (Won by Mr.378)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Amazing banner by Lauriane
standings

Ubers Classic V Playoffs

Welcome to the Ubers Classic V playoffs! After 5 long cups, we have finally arrived at our top 16 where our old gen aficionados will be given a chance to compete and find out who is taking home the fifth edition of the Ubers Classic tournament. Like other tournaments that compose this year's circuit, the Ubers Classic Playoffs will award (Type B) points towards a general Ubers leaderboard which will ultimately award the 2021 Ubers Ribbon. A special shoutout goes out to all of our hosts Lasen, SiTuM, Staxi, Fc, LBDC for making all of this possible!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Replays are mandatory for this tournament and must be posted! It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays. Failure to do so will result in games having to be replayed.
  • All series played will be a best of five with the higher seed choosing the first metagame out of the following: USM, ORAS, BW2, DPP, and ADV. The loser of that game will then pick the next tier, and so on until the series is complete. Be aware that metagames cannot be repeated during a series!
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (smogtours take priority over main, unless there's an issue on smogtours making it not feasible to play - in that case, playing on main is acceptable)
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and cheating rules apply.
Metagame Specific Rules:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned). The exception to this is BW Ubers
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
  • The move Baton Pass is banned.

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.

• Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned

• Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • Sleep Clause
  • Arceus is banned

• Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • Wobbuffet / Wynaut + Leftovers is banned

Without further ado, lets get into our 16 qualifiers!

SeedPlayerPointsWin rate
1​
64 squares​
24​
84.21%​
2​
Leru​
16​
72.22%​
3​
Fardin​
15​
73.68%​
4​
March Fires​
15​
73.33%​
5​
Carl Murray​
15​
72.22%​
6​
Skysolo​
15​
68.75%​
7​
Lazy_Bread27​
14​
71.42%​
8​
squinn​
13​
68.75%​
9​
crucify​
13​
68.75%​
10​
Samqian​
12​
73.33%​
11​
Mr.378​
12​
66.66%​
12​
Chill Shadow​
11​
77.77%​
13​
byronthewellwell​
11​
64.28%​
14​
Fc​
11​
64.28%​
15​
Heysup​
11​
64.28%​
16​
fourmi​
10​
61.53%​

Notes:

Seeding was determined by the following criteria (in order):
- Total Points
- Win Rate
- Highest points in a single cup
- Coinflip

With that in mind, we had to coinflip to determine who would be the higher seed between squinn and crucify with the result being squinn gets the higher seed.
Round 1

(#1) 64 Squares vs (#16) fourmi
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#2) Leru vs (#15) Heysup
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#3) Fardin vs (#14) Fc
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#4) March Fires vs (#13) byronthewellwell
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#5) Carl Murray vs (#12) Chill Shadow
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#6) Skysolo vs (#11) Mr.378
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#7) Lazy_bread27 vs (#10) Samqian
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#8) squinn vs (#9) crucify
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Quarter-Finals

(#1) 64 Squares vs (#8) squinn
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#2) Leru vs (#7) Lazy_bread27
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#3) Fardin vs (#11) Mr.378
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#12) Chill Shadow vs (#13) byronthewellwell
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Semi-Finals

(#1) 64 Squares vs (#13) byronthewellwell
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

(#2) Leru vs (#11) Mr.378
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Finals

:mew:(#1) 64 Squares vs (#11) Mr.378 :machamp:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Tentative finals deadline is Sunday, July 4th
You must save and post your replays for the matches to count!

Best of luck to both of our finalists!

Maxomega

supra ludio
1622368373857.png
Round 1

(#1) 64 Squares vs (#16) fourmi

(#2) Leru vs (#15) Heysup

(#3) Fardin vs (#14) Fc

(#4) March Fires vs (#13) byronthewellwell

(#5) Carl Murray vs (#12) Chill Shadow

(#6) Skysolo vs (#11) Mr.378

(#7) Lazy_bread27 vs (#10) Samqian

(#8) squinn vs (#9) crucify

Round 1

(#1) 64 Squares vs (#16) fourmi :
I feel like 64 Squares will win in SM and ADV, and that fourmi should win in ORAS (but that's ORAS so we'll see). The winner would then be the one who will win in the other two tiers, and I believe 64 Squares can win in BW, especially.

(#2) Leru vs (#15) Heysup :
Leru playing as BO3 slot in UPL IX, I think he's able to win, or at least put Heysup in a bad position in these two generations. We'll see how it goes, but I see a 3-1 for Leru.

(#3) Fardin vs (#14) Fc

(#4) March Fires vs (#13) byronthewellwell :
LET'S GO MUKKERS !!!! March Fires, win that please, show the team that you're the BO3 slot because you're goated.

(#5) Carl Murray vs (#12) Chill Shadow :
From what I see and what I hear about Carl Murray: he's the goat. So... Carl Murray should be able to win this, and I think SM and BW are at his advantage.

(#6) Skysolo vs (#11) Mr.378 :
Jai hind! Skysolo is the horse I want to bet on, maybe he'll run faster or he'll fall during the matches, we'll see ...

(#7) Lazy_bread27 vs (#10) Samqian :
Lazy_bread27 does some great great things at the moment, and I think he'll do his best to win this BO5 and maybe this Classic Playoffs. So yeah, let's go Lazy_bread27!

(#8) squinn vs (#9) crucify :
I really don't know who will win this BO5, but since I just saw I'm only bolding the higher seeds: I want to see crucify getting it!

Prediction:

Fardin or Carl Murray to win it all

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Finals

:mew:(#1) 64 Squares vs (#11) Mr.378:machamp:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

You must save and post your replays for the matches to count! Keep in mind that while there is a tentative deadline (Sunday, July 4th), I will be somewhat lenient when it comes to this series. Nonetheless, if I need to enforce a hard deadline due to it taking too long, I will do so.

Good luck to both players!

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
#DANIELCLASSIC Won vs 64 in 5 of the best games I've had in my time playing mons:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ubers-569959
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ubers-569970
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ubers-569976
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ubers-569978
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-569984

I'm ngl I almost didn't enter this tour and wasn't very interested in it at first. I entered usm cup as a last second sub and had no idea this would be the tour I showed me being called Iron Man isn't completely for show. This tour really was a great experience for me and was some of the most involved, fun times I've had playing ubers for all these years. While I definitely made mistakes along the way I am happy I was able to play in and win this tour. While I didn't ask for much direct help in this I definitely wouldn't be where I am now without my friends to keep me along and to learn from. Some of my closest ones through the years and the ones with the most influence over how good I am today are March Fires, Skysolo and CKW in USM,Astounded and Level 56 in ORAS, Blim and Hack in BW, Abs, Hack, and even BKC recently in DPP, and Exiline, Heysup, and especially my son 0kay in adv as well as all of my Daniels who are definitely the reason I've stayed in the community for this long at this point. While this list is by no means all inclusive they've all had a great impact on me in these tiers and I thank all of them for their impact through the years. I'll probably be slowing down on mons for a while but I this definitely isn't the end for The Iron Man Of Ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)