UM Ubers UU Open - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
In. Also, some questions about how the tournament will proceed.

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.
Would I be allowed to do reverse engineery to deduce the teams based on what they played before? That process involves spectating the team it battled with and you have to public carefully, using damage calcs and deductive logic to figure out the allegedly hidden info. I've done that kind of stuff before btw, as you might recall.
I'm also unable to use to get certain crucial info, most notably Urshifu and Zamazenta forms without them being sent first, which could only be done via direct talking with the player (In which case they don't mind their info being public) or deduction due to being repeated teams of an earlier match and other obvious patterns (like using a public team).

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires. [/SPOILER]
My internet is genuinely AWFUL, and disconnects are prone to happen. How long are we talking about and what is the TD team btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)