Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance/Destiny Bond
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Been using this bad boy a lot vs Hyper Offense, and this is a team it really shines against. Words of caution: mold breaker is a little bit scary, and you need to make sure to play around it. HP allows it to survive +1 Waterfall/Crunch from gyara 94% of the time w/ no entry hazards, and you can simply speed swap w/ Trick Room to revenge with play rough. Even if it doesn't get the revenge kill on their setup sweeper of choice, all of your teammates can easily mop up speed reversed Zyg/Mag/Gyara/Blace.

This doesn't need to be on a trick room team as well, and works totally fine as a singular OTR mon on a team.

tapu_koko_sprite_by_elazulmax-da8ctpd.png
hawlucha.png

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

1. Set Rocks
2. Hawlucha SD
3. ???
4. Victory

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / U-turn
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Mega Scizor 1v1's pretty much the whole team, apart from Greninja(if it didnt use ice beam), and Blacephalon. Tyranitar Pursuit traps Blacephalon and Greninja, which pretty much guarantees Mega Scizor's sweep.​

Last edited:
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

Perhaps the most reliable and iconic core of Gen 7 OU does well vs this team for the simple reason that no mon carries proper coverage for both. Without Iron Head or even Toxic, Excadrill does nothing to Bulu. Magearna can take Bulu's attacks (though it doesn't enjoy a Superpower to the face), but it lacks the coverage to break Heatran in any efficient fashion and drops to Magma Storm. Greninja can Taunt Heatran and set up Spikes on it, but its damage output is nonexistent. Blacephalon can roast Tapu Bulu at +1 (though +0 Flamethrower doesn't KO even with three layers of Spikes), but it does substantially worse vs. Heatran, which doesn't -like- eating that Never-Ending Nightmare but will live it at +0 to EP back. Tapu Bulu can tank Zygarde's moves pretty well and pressure it with Grass STABs. Mega Gyarados has no relevant coverage for Bulu.

Last edited:
Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

While Taunt Greninja stops the entire team from setting up rocks or boosting up, Tangrowth serves as a good check to most of the team barring Blacephalon.

Low Kick hits Excadrill, Magearna and Mega Gyarados for good amounts of damage.
252 Atk Protean Greninja All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 186-220 (51.2 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 236-282 (65.3 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 294-348 (88.8 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

U-turn generates momentum and allows Greninja to pivot to Tangrowth. Ice Beam KOs Zygarde obviously.

Tangrowth is fat and and can check anything but Blace. HP Ice double checks Zyg because that's a big fat monster, EQ hits Mag and basically has coverage for hitting the entire team for super effective damage.

PS sorry if this seems rough I'm not feeling do well

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Scarf Lando-T outspeeds everything on the opposing team given Blacephalon does not have a beast boost and you don't allow the opponent to set up. The opposing team also lacks a ground resist/immunity, which means every time Lando-T comes in it can spam EQ until kingdom come. The only things on the team capable of surviving a single EQ are Gren and Drill solely due to their sashes, Mag; which gets 2HKO'd, and Zygarde; which is 3HKO'd by EQ and has an above 80% chance to be 2HKO'd by HP Ice when Jolly natured and is 100% 2HKO'd by Naive Nature.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Gyarados isn't OHKO'd by EQ. At -1 Lando-T has a pretty low chance to 3HKO, but it can also predict a switch in and U-Turn out

Thank you everyone for your contributions. We have some really nice Nominations that utterly wreck the team but only one can win that why Nominations are now closed and voting has began.

Nominations
Mimikyu
Koko + Hwalucha
Mega Scizor + Tyraniter
Tapu Bulu + Heatran
Fightium Z greninga + Tangrowth
Landourous T

You may vote for up to 2 Nominations other then your own. Voting Will end Friday or Saturday Depending on when I'm at my singapore hotel and Vote participation. Next weeks team will feature a tapu lele as punishment to those who previously fairies.

Voting will end within a day, Either myself or curiosity will post the next team. Apologies for the lack of Update. I've been away for week on holiday and I completely disconnected from the net while away due to family issue's since I wanted to have an actual quite holiday. It will be up shortly so finish voting.

Thank you everyone for voting and being incredibly patient once again. I'd also like to apologise for the lack of recent activity, as I've had a few complications arise irl. Now, with that out of the way, this week's winner is 1_TrickPhony's Mimikyu! Congratulations, your submission will be added to the hall of fame when coc gets the chance.

Click me!

This week's team comes courtesy of our esteemed forum leader Finchinator! This is an incredibly standard yet fantastic balance build, which was (presumably; iirc never mentioned what it was built around) Stealth Rock Mega Tyranitar. Mega Tyranitar provides this build with a consistent answer to troublesome breakers, including Heatran and Tornadus, whilst providing this build with guaranteed rocks, in addition to providing Landorus the ability to break past many of its checks. Toxapex serves as the team’s dedicated bulky water, which also serves as the build’s primary Mawile and Kartana answer. This Toxapex possess a certainly interesting set; possessing enough speed to outspeed Reuniclus and Gastroson, while avoiding the 2HKO from Ash Greninja’s Dark Pulse (iirc), while Bandful Bunker provides interesting utility, by not only providing a useful way to scot for moves, but to also cripple threats such as Medicham and Tapu Bulu, which would otherwise simply click buttons to win. Fightinium Calm Mind Tapu Lele provides the team with a fantastically breaker, providing the team with an easy out versus both balance and stall builds, whilst easing the team’s matchup versus Mawile and Aggron, which would otherwise be immensely threatening. Scarf Landorus provides his team with a consistent form of speed and hazard control, while also providing the team with a crucial ground and flying type. 208 speed allows Landorus to outspeed a boosted Kommo-o, while the spread allows Lando to comfortably eat a boosted lead blade from Kartana. Specially Defensive Heatran provides this team with Stealth Rocks and a better Lele matchup, while Tangrowth rounds off the predominant Fire-Water-Grass defensive core that serves as a general gigantic check to an incredible portion of the tier, in addition to providing the team with valuable knock off support.

Since there’s no set deadline, feel free to post whenever, although make sure you don’t lose your reservations. Happy Posting!

Last edited:

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z / Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This team easily folds to Tapu Lele. All Tapu Lele needs as support is another Pokemon to check the opposing Tapu Lele and a Landorus-T check, so Celesteela works.

Last edited:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

4-Attacks Mega Mawile is a great Pokemon against this team, clicking Play Rough and Thunder Punch happily. Ice Punch can also threaten Landorus-T. Zygarde helps with Heatran, which this Mawile set struggle with. This Dragonium set can also catch Tangrowth off guard, allowing Mega Mawile to click buttons easily late game

Last edited:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Heatran, Toxapex, and Ttar are weak to Ground, while Lando and Tangrowth are weak to Ice. With disgusting STABs and enough speed to outpace 4/6 of the team, Mamoswine can exploit this. It can theoretically be revenged by Lando or Tapu Lele; however, the former is weak to Ice Shard, leaving Tapu Lele to do the job. Also, while Mamoswine boasts amazing offensive prowess, it has lackluster defense, taking heavy damage from most members of the team. Magearna helps Mamo out by countering Lele and Volt Switching out of its numerous checks on the team (Heatran and Tangrowth come to mind) back into Mamo.

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 811-957 (210.6 - 248.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 64 HP / 56 Def Landorus-Therian: 234-281 (69.8 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 299-354 (74.1 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 269-317 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 180+ Def Toxapex: 242-283 (79.8 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 299-354 (78 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 138-163 (38 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Nice nominations for a really troublesome team. Mega Tyraniter and lele have been pains in my side this last week So I definitely appreciate the ideas. I'll be setting up voting in a day or 2 so please submit any nominations if you haven't already. Jordy mellowyellowhd and TacoLugia please finish your nominations otherwise others may snipe them like a Diancie snipes a bird with diamond storm

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

can threaten ohko on almost everything and nothing on that team can ohko back cept tapu lele but it has to be at full hp to 1v1 medicham coz i am sure zen headbutt does close to 75% in psychic terrain.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore

can also be a problem lategame when everything is weakened considering landot is scarf and tangrowth is av

Thank you everyone for another excellent week of submissions! Before I move into the voting phase, I quickly wanted to address something. I just wanted to throw out a reminder to quickly read the thread rules before posting; your submission should be a single pokemon or a core of pokemon that can be used simultaneously. If you want to submit to different sets of mons (like two different megas for example) feel free to message either myself or the Creator of Chaos and we'll be happy to let you do so, but for this week and this week alone, I'll give you a pass. With that out of the way, here are this week's nominees:

-+-
Tapu Lele + Celesteela by Jordy
-+-
Mega Mawile + Zygarde by XxAwesomePlayzxX
-+-
Mamoswine + Magearna by Akumeoy
--@
--
Mega Medicham by unami
--@
--
Mega Lopunny also by unami

Voting will end on Friday the 9th. Happy Posting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)