Under Used RMT :D

Well, since I'm a bit tired of OU, I started playing UU a little, and came up with this team.
It started as a team to setup a Belly Drum Linoone for a sweep, it was pretty sucessful but I started struggling against Ninetails too much and Linoone rarely sweept things (and being stopped 100% by Sandslash wasn't cool either)
Idk if I made things wrong but I started changing things and here they are:

Rapidash (♀) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Will-o-wisp
- Megahorn
- Hypnosis

Rapidash is my starter and does it pretty well. Starts Hypnotizing things, and then try to kill what she can. WoW criples Physical sweepers that I can't handle or catch counters on the switch too.
The Evs I think I don't need to explain, since she needs max Spd and Atk.
Wide Leans is a good item since 3/4 of my moves doesn't have perfect acc.

Hitmontop (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/104 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Bulk Up
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

I love Hitmontop in UU :D. So, he is my rock resist, helps againt the Hitmons and Intimidate is too good too pass up. I used to have Mach Punch with Technician over Rapid Spin before, but Spikes were a Pain and Stealth Rock hurts two important members of my team (especially Altaria, you'll see)... And I rarely used Mach Punch. He's perfect to spin too, Stone Edge kills Drifblim and Froslass, and Rotom can't take repeated hits, and the Burn is cured by Altaria.
HJK and Stone Edge are for coverage, and late game with Bulk Up he generaly sweeps things.
The EVs: Max HP is a must, so he can take hits pretty well. The SDef helps since I'm using Bulk up, and he easilly survives a Nasty Plotted Fire Blast from Ninetales so it can function as a backup counter. I put Atk EVs b/c without any I wasn't doing enough damage to things... I don't have any damage calcs, but I'm really more satisfied with those Atk EVs.

Golem (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 140 HP/152 Atk/216 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

I needed something that could counter Swellow, preferably with Stealth Rock. So I found Golem! I didn't choose Agrron because Golem actually can survives EQs. SR when I can, QuakeSlide hits everything except Claydol and Explode when there's something that I need to kill or when low on health.
140 HP is for a nice Lefties number, 216 Def to take hits like a man and the rest goes in Atk for that extra punch.

Altaria (♀) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP/208 Def/56 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Roar
- Roost

One of my most reliable team members, Altaria is doing great with this set!
Heal Bell is awesome with this team, since I have nothing that like status (maybe Clefable, but she only likes Poison and HATES burn, and being paralized isn't good either).
I used to have Eq+Dragon Claw like the analysis said but I found that the team CAN'T handle Baton Passers, and once I was owned by a Charge Beam Chimecho lol, so I put Roar over Eq. Since then, a lot of times I was saved by it.
Dragon Pulse because I needed an Attack, and Roost is for the obvious healing.
She counters too much stuff. Ninetales, Choiced Fighting types, Pinsir... And she can take Stone Edges pretty well. Don't think I'm going to replace her.
The EVs is from the analysis, and I really liked them.

Clefable (♀) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 244 Atk/12 Def/252 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Double-edge
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Wish

Another VERY reliable member! Max Atk + LO + Double Edge is totally AWESOME!
just some damage calculations:
Double Edge vs. 4 HP Neutral Hitmonlee: 127% min.

Double Edge vs. 252 Hp/Def Positive Claydol: 40~47%

Double Edge vs. 252 Hp/Def Positive Blastoise: 37~44%

Double Edge vs. 252 Hp/Def Positive Lanturn (lol): 41~48%

Double Edge vs. 252 Hp Neutral Poliwrath: 51~59%

Double Edge vs. 216HP/148Def Positive Meganium: 41~49%

and since none has a reliable form of recovery, the supposed 'counters' and most comum walls, will get hit pretty hard, even better with SR support.
FT is filler move, just to catch Aggron who thinks it can wall me, 3HKOing him (I think), and hits Froslass too.
Wish + Protect just to support the team. She's doing great.

Max Atk was already explained. Max SDef is to help countering Ninetails and Froslass. Blissey wannabe EVs, except with SDef instead of Def =P

Pikachu (♂) @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Encore

Yeah, Pikachu! The mini Deoxys-A of UU. Encore is really good with him. Encore a stat-up move, sub, and then hit hard.
Thunderbolt is for obvious reasons. HP Grass over GK because I hate being walled by Lanturn >_>, and most things in UU are light anyway.
Usually it only kills onde thing or another, and a Pika sweep is pretty rare... I'm thinking of Nasty Plot over Subs, what do you think ? Maybe I should replace him, with a faster sweeper, idk.

ok, that's the team! I Think I'm kinda Scyther weak but the ones I fought just died on the switch (Clefable!)...

Also, sorry if there's some english mistakes, english isn't my fist language, and I know how bad is too read too many mistakes, so my apologies.

Rate away please ^_^

you might want to consider leading with pikachu as he is very frail and hard to switch in unless after a kill, otherwise a solid team and ive been looking into making a UU team.

Hey, Stvn :B
Why not Meteor Mash > Flamethrower? It still hits Aggron and Froslass.
Pikachu isn't quickly to use a Nasty Plot and sweep.
Encore is nice. But you can learn Surf + HP Ice.
Oh yeah, with this set, you are walled by Laturn.
So, Meteor Mash > Flamethrower.
Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse. Altaria won't sweep, Draco Meteor will hurt.

@Infernakong
Thank you!
I used to lead with Pika, but 4 out of like, 5 battles the leads were faster (especially Ninetales and Scarflee)... And I like switching Pika in statup moves :P
UU is very fun, you'll like it ^_^

@DarkArticuno
omg, I totally forgot Clefable learned Meteor Mash. I really liked the idea, since a lot of Ghosts will try to wall my Double-Edge, and MM will hit them pretty hard (OHKOing Froslass and will put a dent into Driflibim). Just need to see how much It'll do to Aggron
Altaria isn't supposed to sweep, Dragon Pulse is just to damage things she needs to counter (Ninetales, etc)... But i'll try Draco Meteor and see if the damage is good

Gastrodon is a good option over Pikachu because it can strike a KO on Lanturn with STAB Earthquake, resists Stealth Rock, has Recover and can defeat a Scyther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)