Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to our wonderful voters, and congratz Dr Ya Yeet for winning this week!

Week 25: ADV UU
:rs/kangaskhan: :rs/scyther: :rs/walrein: :rs/omastar: :rs/hypno: and a bunch of others
Bringing back Twi's idea from a few weeks ago, I'd like you to build a gen3 UU squad this week. Everything you can think of is allowed, so have fun! Depending on whether this bombs or not there might be other oldgen weeks in the future, so I'd like your feedback on this!

You have 5 days, can be extended if we're short on submissions

:ss/Azumarill: :ss/Mr. Mime: :ss/Scyther: :ss/Gligar: :ss/Granbull: :ss/Linoone:

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Mr. Mime @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Rest

Scyther @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Swords Dance

Gligar @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Granbull @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Shadow Ball

Linoone @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is the first team I ever seriously built in ADV with nearly no knowledge on the meta whatsoever. I've since been able to build more standard teams that perform well, but somehow this team always surprises and still pulls off wins. It's pretty funny to use, and I used it a few times during ADV UU Classic Cup and went 2-0 with it I think. The basis is to just sub up with Azu right away and try to FPunch something, and just put holes in the enemy team right away. Everything is incredibly offensive, and then you have a demon Mime to just sort of get you a BS victory (pray for no crits tho). Main offender to this team is Lead Encore Walrein which stops the lead Azu pretty handidly, but if you want to just have some fun without going full meme, you can try this half-meme team.

Reactions: Rae
HI

After quite the burnout after this ADV failure, Teambuilding Competition is back! I will take any blame you want to throw at me, since ADV really isnt an easy generation to build in and I should've moved on a lot earlier. Sorry people! I won't pretend this (1 and a half month long) week never existed but i'll keep it as is and won't put it in the intro for obvious reasons.
With that said, let's move on to our next topic:

Week 26: Azelf
:bw/azelf:
It's time for the BigFatMantis special! Azelf has always been around as a ladder favorite for rocks + boom, but its main niche resides in both the pivot and NP sets, that are seen with a whole new eye after Thundurus Incarnate's ban. As usual any playstyle and any set is welcome, so feel free to get wild!
In order to have the smoothest start possible I'll put a deadline that I'll try to follow myself: next Saturday, roughly these hours.

Enjoy!

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
:azelf: :krookodile: :buzzwole: :aegislash: :amoonguss: :primarina:
https://pokepast.es/ef16f5134ed6f832

Was going to bring this vs Askov in UUWC pools but we ended up dead-gaming. 3 attacks Ebelt U-turn Azelf is a really cool pivot and breaker, with Spikes immunity it doesn't rly need the boots that much and ebelt lets it get some pretty nasty 2hkos on stuff like celesteela/primarina. IP used the set and showed off how potent it can be when you click right in SCL Week 1 too. Knock off gives consistensy in punishing switches but 3 attacks really lets you capitalise on the potential if you can predict right with very little defensive counterplay outside of Chansey and Umbreon, who you can U-turn on, making it absolutely terrifying for offensive teams while still providing fantastic pivoting support into fatter teams for its teammates

Krook knocks AV Tangrowth so that azelf can directly pressure it, checks stuff like Aegislash and Nihilego for the team. Max HP improves ability to check these mons since you don't need the power much here anyway. Mixed CC Toxic KS Aegislash provides extra utility vs mons like Nihilego and can help to lure in Chansey. Buzzwole loves Azelf's pivot support bringing it in on Umbreon / Chansey for devastating wallbreaking opportunities, and serves as a nice general check to physical mons like Krook / Lycan / Shao. Amoonguss / Priamrina round out defensive core. Amoonguss covers Primarina / Keldeo while Primarina covers Keldeo / Mence. Primarina can also help put some pressure on mons like celesteela to benefit azelf.

daily.png

Thanks km for tiebreaking this ; and congrats to Monky25 for winning this week.
Now onto this week's topic:

Week 27: Roserade
:ss/roserade:

Roserade has been rising as one of the premier grass type picks in the metagame thanks to Spikes, and its ability to set them up on very common metagames staples such as Amoong, Tangrowth and Rotom-Wash. With it allowing for quite a bunch of structures and teammates that take advantage of (broken) spikes, I'll be looking forward to what you cook up.

Deadline will be in 5 days!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Roserade has a lot of hype right now, performing excellently in SCL and abusing the fatter Grass-types. Due to the shortage of removal in the tier I thought it would be fun to use Spikes while incorporating a phaser. Moltres felt like a cool pick given how low people are on Rhyperior and Rotom-H as of late, and Celesteela remains popular. Spikes are able to wear down Nihilego, Chansey, etc. well. The main (relevant) issue would be Rotom-W, who Roserade deals with well. Aegislash is a fun mixed breaker that can Swords Dance to muscle past Chansey and some defensive Kommo-o variants, or just spam Shadow Ball. Rhyperior catches the less common Rotom-H and can make other Electric-types think twice before clicking Volt Switch too while providing Stealth Rock. Starmie serves as hazard removal and can pick off faster Pokemon like weakened Thundurus-T. Choice Scarf Buzzwole does the same, and with Starmie present it is not typically a huge loss to let Buzzwole get knocked early on. Roost is kept given how often this happens.

Rose + Nihi + Starmie Spikes Balance

:ss/Roserade: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Nihilego: :ss/Buzzwole: :ss/Starmie: :ss/Umbreon:

https://pokepast.es/e0c7ff261f90cefc
It seems Avarice and I both recognized the value of Starmie alongside Roserade :bloblul:

This team is centred around wearing the opposing team down through hazards pressure from Roserade and Nihilego while keeping itself healthy. Every Pokemon on the team is able to heal itself barring Nihilego, and Umbreon can provide additional longevity through Wish support. In addition, many of the Pokemon on this team are immune to various status conditions, or in Starmie and Roserade's cases, can cure themselves of it upon switching out. Roserade is the spike stacker of the team and loves being able to pivot in on Amoonguss and abuse it. It is also able to pressure the main hazard removers in the tier in the Rotom formes and Salamence with a Sludge Bomb upon switch-in, which still sintgs quite a bit even without SpA investment and has the chance to inflict poison. Rotom-Wash is a phenomenal partner for Roserade for reasons I mentioned in the Matchmaking thread, but here it is mainly useful for providing a Ground immunity, speed control, and pivot support. Nihilego aids in the hazard stacking effort with Stealth Rock, and like Roserade, is able to abuse the Defoggers of the tier. It is also the team's Knock Off user. Buzzwole provides some physical backbone while not easing up on offensive pressure and threatens the special walls of the meta in Chansey and Umbreon. I opted for Rock Tomb over Stone Edge on it for increased consistency as well as the ability to slow down faster Flying-type switch-ins such as Moltres, Salamence, and Tornadus. Starmie was a choice inspired by seeing Azelf on Indigo Plateau's Roserade sample team and performs a similar role - it outspeeds most of the metagame and is extremely difficult to switch into safely. Starmie is also unique in that it is able to heal itself with Recover and can shrug off status with Natural Cure as mentioned before. I opted for Surf over Hydro Pump on it again to improve consistency for the team (and since Starmie is already hitting quite hard with Life Orb STAB attacks). Finally, Umbreon gives the team backbone against scary special attackers like Nidoking and gives the team some recourse against setup from opposing sweepers, as well as again providing Wish support to keep the team healthy.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
:ss/necrozma: :ss/roserade: :ss/buzzwole: :ss/celesteela: :ss/krookodile: :ss/crobat:
https://pokepast.es/1845b4d59931a0c8

Been having a load of fun with this team over the last week or so. Its kinda a standard Rose Necrozma sorta build for the most part, CM Necrozma just generally takes advantage of spikes wearing down stuff like Krookodile nicely and provides bunches of defensive utility with a super bulky spread, Helmet Buzzwole helps you out versus stuf like Krook / opposing Buzz and can lure Moltres with Stone Edge, Celesteela provides strong check to stuff like Aegi and is a pain to play around when hazards are being stacked. Krookodile is fantastic glue rocker here and primary check to stuff like Nihilego.

NP Crobat is where this team gets a bit wild to finish. The Bat has some cool utility in the tier atm as a Defogger that can beat Roserade, but I wanted to mess with an NP set on a team like this as its got some wild speed, can cover most of the tier with sludge bomb + heat wave, and can easily fit recovery on its set so that it can boost through stuff like Chansey and Umbreon. Its low spa means it does need a fair amount of support but a team like this can easily provide it with all the entry hazards and early-mid game chip that Buzzwole can provide. stuff like av glowbro gets kinda overwhelmed into a team like this so its fairly feasible for bat to ddo some work later and easily break through steels and stuff

1632668215557.png1632668244598.png1632668345935.png1632668383185.png1632668393744.png1632668443067.png
Roserade helps this team with spike stack as zygarde-10% and salamence benefit from it a lot. Roserade also threatens primarina and can force it to switch into spikes and stealth rocks to wear itself down for salamence and zygarde-10% to clean. Rotom-W forms a defensive core with roserade as it can take grass moves while rotom-w can take fire, and ground types moves. Salamence is the breaker and one of the 2 abusers of spikes since many pokemon switch into it like umbreon and primarina when you pair it with spikes they get worn down way faster. Zygarde-10% is the next abuser as it can spam thousand arrows which only pokemon like zarude, and tangrowth want to take which with spikes is especially harder when you also get toxic'ed to. Krookodile provides stealth rocks, a check to aegislash, necrozma, and nidoking. It also wears down the opponents with toxic + knock off making sure it will not have heavy-duty boots. Toxic can also make pokemon waste turns recovering which gives salamence and zygarde time to break. Jirachi's job is to counter nihilego, and to keep the team healthy with wish to make sure it can sustain itself in a long battle. Jirachi can heal up salamence who can use those turns attacking instead of recovering and make sure krookodile is not worn down from stuff such as seismic tosses, leech seeds or to help it pivot in on pokemon such as zygarde-10%, jirachi, and dd salamence

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/2c9eca3a3e49d4b5

:jirachi::seismitoad::rotom-heat::roserade::togekiss::moltres-galar:

Roserade provides Stun Spore and Spikes support to make everything on the team more dangerous, and helping out the two average speed birds get a little luckier. The two flying types help counter Zarude and Buzzwole to some extent, which Amoonguss would normally do here but I'm running Roserade. Seismitoad and Rotom-H help create a fire, water, grass core for Roserade which helps tank moves that target Roserade's weaknesses. Lastly, Jirachi is a nice steel type with decent synergy and makes a pivoting core with Rotom-H to help Roserade come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)