Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brokens
:ss/chansey: :ss/latias: :ss/nihilego: :ss/conkeldurr: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/mandibuzz:
https://pokepast.es/7589462b90391028

This team is one of the first I made when shifts rolled around, and it has been p nice which is easy to tell why. Its a fat Chansey balance which uses two of the most devasting mons around, Latias and Conkeldurr. Chansey, Phys Tang and Mandibuzz form a really nice defensive core, its a classic physical wall + special wall, Mandibuzz covers some of the holes this duo leaves mainly DD Gyarados/Mence and Mixed Aegislash while also providing more pivoting and defog support. The nice backbone against Excadrill lets me run Nihilego as a rocker freeing up a slot in Chansey, Its also really effective at weaking a ton of Lati checks like drill and aegi, while being somewhat of a wincon, the offense of this team is covered by the man conk himself and a 3atk + Roost Lati, Conk being able to destroy fatter teams lati might struggle against. we use Draco + Mystical + Tbolt to cover as much threats as possible. Between the defensive utility that lati provides by checking Keldeo and Thundy, and the double pivoting support our breakers get tons of opportunities to get into the field.

This team is defo weak to being put into the blender by aggresive VoltTurn chains coupled with hazards, not to say that endgames against opposing latias get a little awkward as we dont have an offensive check to it, however I would say its pretty good just by virtue of having a solid foundation.

https://pokepast.es/e11a980ec3f529f5

Conk is conk, it is a breaker that takes advantage of defensive pokemon like amoonguss, skarmory, seismitoad, and mandibuzz, breaking through defensive pokemon help tapu bulu get a successful sweep in the late game like amoonguss and tangrowth are pressured immensely by conk. Jirachi provides wish support to these pokemon, as they get worn down throughout the game like tapu bulu switching in on Krook's knock off, thundy-t, and zarude, while conk wears itself down with flame orb, and provides the team with a flying, poison, fairy and a consistent dragon resist all at the same time. Krookodile provides the team with a rocker and something to pressure pokemon like tangrowth, mandibuzz, salamence, and moltres with knock off + toxic. Also provides intimidate support ot better get in threats such as conk and bulu. skarmory is the defensive core, it provides me with counterplay to salamence, dd gyara, SD drill while also preventing drilll from keeping hazards off, tapu bulu, and zarude. It sets up spikes to make switching into tapu bulu and conkeldurr even more of a pain and can make itself unbreakable with iron defense + body press on the physical side. Rotom-w provides speed control and can cripple opponents walls with trick such as amoonguss, celesteela, and aegislash. It also pivots in the breakers on the team as no ground really likes a hydro pimp asides from seismitoad who is vulnerable to trick. Also provides emergency defog

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6eff79728c75234a
I find Conkeldurr to be awkward to build with and I don't know why lol Yet, here's the team!
Conkeldurr icon
Seismitoad icon
Weezing  sprite from Sword & Shield
Slowking icon
Jirachi icon
Latias icon

Conkeldurr's speed EVs are for base 60s that are running a little speed. Seismitoad is my Sand Exca check and Rotoms answer. Weezing-G is for Hydreigon, opposing Conks, other guts users, and u-turn spam Zarude. Slowking is my Latias answer (toxic is for cm variants). Jirachi is for speed control/hax control/momentum control. Latias is the set-up sweeper. This team has problems with sun teams and can get warned down pretty fast if you don't keep up the momentum against fat teams that run big attackers. Other than that, the team is pretty good at wearing down other mons for conk to sweep late game with mach punch.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Haunted Papers team looks way too aegi weak

Celebiii seems a tad Primarina weak and lacks a ground (so does Totomongang)

I will go with Hydreigon the child despite the team ironically being a bit hydreigon weak

Thanks KM joker for breaking the tie!!!
daily.png

And thus congrats Celebiii for winning! Ill add your post to the HoF shortly.
Onto next week's topic:

Week 30: Hydreigon
:ss/hydreigon:
Hydreigon's got a huge amount of interesting tools to differentiate itself from the other dominant dragons, making it a solid pick when properly supported, despite being a bit overshadowed. It's time to put the best looking dragon under the spotlight, and force people to mess around with it a bit! As usual any sets, teammates and team structure is allowed, and this one should allow plenty of each, so have fun!

You have until Saturday

Last edited:
:ss/azelf: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/chansey: :ss/togekiss: :ss/skarmory: :ss/amoonguss:

https://pokepast.es/847c6b8ccc453c6d

The goal of this team is to wear the opposing team down with hazards and be well-insulated against the offensive threats of the meta, while having Azelf and Scarf Hydreigon to apply pressure throughout a match. Teleport Chansey helps to facilitate this, particularly with Azelf, since it can't easily come in on much throughout a match. Expert Belt + 4 attacks was chosen for Azelf to maximize the amount of targets it can hit (Fire Blast is needed for the OHKO on offensive Excadrill). Scarf Hydreigon makes for great speed control for the team while being able to Draco bomb throughout a match and acting as an offensive pivot with U-turn. Chansey provides Stealth Rocks, deals with special attacking threats, and provides Teleport positioning as mentioned before. Togekiss is the Conkeldurr check for the team and can Defog away hazards if needed to keep Azelf and Hydreigon from getting worn down too quickly. Skarmory and Amoonguss check physical threats for the team. Skarmory also provides Spikes, and Amoonguss spreads sleep with Spore.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/d25b0abfa4b8198f
Tentacruel icon
Slowking icon
Azelf icon
Hydreigon icon
Kommo-o icon
Tapu Bulu icon

A very weird team that's meant to check as many threats as a possible and requires a lot of doubling to keep up momentum. It struggles against Mamoswine so, it's a good thing that mon isn't popular.

Tentacruel is a great defensive pivot for aegislash, azu (haze is for BD) and primarina (88 EVs allows it to live 3 specs Hydro Pumps). Slowking is my emergency check for Conkeldurr, Latias, and Mamoswine. Azelf is my way of finishing teams off and way of weakening Chansey with knock off. I went with scarf Hydreigon for speed control and u-turn support; it's a fast scarfer and can keep latias in check. Kommo-o is my way of checking other Kommo-O that are running special sets with clangorours soul; though it does a lot more than that, I like that part the most. Tapu Bulu helps with wallbreaking and the terrain can help half the team with checking threats better.

Hey everyone, here's my Hydreigon team version :

Capture.PNG
Hey everyone, here's my Hydreigon squad which I'll introduce to you rfn:
I decided to play around Hydreigon with the choice scarf and paired it with Aegi Choice Specs because they have common checks. I recommend CC > SBeam and a Rash nature after some test games. There poke are both hard walled by Mandibuzz so I wanted a rocks setter which could beat it. I chose diancie which can helps against Moltres-G, Thundy etc.. I added then a Tangrowth because regenerator is broken, helps against water type also and can knock Mandi's Boots, others Tang's AV, Teela's Lefto etc... This core was then so weak to voltturn and a bit slow in my opinion. Mamo is a great ground type which pressure a lot of balanced teams in this meta, its priority gives him a great weapon against hyper offense. I added a crobat for the natural speed control, pivoting, hazards controling.

EV's explaination :
Diancie OHKOs Thundurus-T with Diamond Storm thanks to this spread
Crobat handles Facade + MachPunch from Conkeldurr with this spread, speed is enough to outspeed 115 BS (Azelf, Zydog)

Others options :
CC > Steel Beam with a Rash Nature on Aegi
Body Press > Mystical Fire on Diancie
Brave Bird / Taunt > Toxic on Crobat

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Spr 5b 635.png 1635614995432.png 1635614982876.png Spr 5b 630.png :1635614949891.png Male <-------- click for paste

Specs hydreigon is the main member of the team and others are built around its weakness. Specs hydreigon is a breaker who abuses slow teams to get in and fire attacks on teams. Celesteela and primarina are the defensive pokemon which cover up hydreigon's weakness to fairy, fighting, dragon, and ice which they can easily pressure in return against pokemon such as sylveon, primarina, mienshao, kommo-o, conkeldurr, hydreigon, and latias. Hydreigon helps primarina in return in that it covers its grass weakness and can take advantage of pokemon such as tangrowth, slowbro-g, and roserade. Celesteela provides this team with a consistent switch in to primarina's moonblast and can abuse it for leech seed recovery. Mandibuzz provides the team with a defensive dark type that can awnser excadrill, gyarados, salamence, and SD aegislash. It also can help wear the opponents down with knock off + u-turn. Nihilego takes advantage of the fairies such as sylveon, primarina and tapu bulu to fire off its attacks against pokemon that wall hydreigon otherwise, it also provides the team with a stealth rocker and speed control. Mamoswine is the main breaker against bulky and fat teams which it abuses by spamming its stabs and knock off. It also abuses special walls which can give hydreigon a pain like chansey, sylveon, primarina, av tangrowth, and mandibuzz.

Last edited:

Scarf Hydrei + Double SD LO Aegi and Bulu Offense

• Scarf Hydreigon provides solid speed control for the team with U-Turn to grab momentum against switchins. It is very useful at revenging mons like Latias, Azelf, Zarude, Thundurus-Therian, Zygarde-10% and Jirachi while also being able to revenge set-up mons like +1 DD Gyarados, +1 DD/CS Kommo-o, +1 DD Haxorus , Agility G-Moltres, the rare Autotomize Aegislash, and speed ties Autotomize Timid Celesteela. Dual STABs is pretty self-explanatory, Flash Cannon can help you kill Mimikyu more easily after hazard chip and hits other common Fairy types like Azumarill, Primarina, Tapu Bulu and Togekiss for good damage. U-Turn is a pretty obvious pick on a choiced mon, and is an especially important move for this type of team playstyle.
  • Aegislash has good offensive synergy with Hydreigon and capitalizes this well when you get a U-Turn off into Aegislash on a Fairy type and brings offensive pressure from there. I've decided on Iron Head over Shadow Claw because this team has enough answers to Slowking and Swampert that the latter isn't needed, and not having Steel coverage on your only Steel type for Fairies could be detrimental.
  • Swampert is the lead and rocker of this team since a lot of opposing players in Drill matchups just lead with Sash Drill. Yawn is meant to cripple set-up sweepers and you can play mindgames with the opponent by getting free momentum on the switch with Flip Turn after clicking Yawn. High Horsepower is there because of Bulu's Grassy Terrain reducing Earthquake's base power.
  • Tapu Bulu is the secondary physical sweeper alongside Aegislash to pressure physical walls like Skarmory, Tangrowth and Amoonguss. 144 Speed Adamant puts Bulu just above Max Speed Modest Celesteela and other mons slower than it like Max Speed Adamant Crawdaunt, Azumarill, Conkeldurr and Max Speed Modest Primarina with the remaining 112 EVs in bulk but feel free to run max speed if you want, but I very much doubt max speed will prove useful right now, but feel free to prove me wrong.
  • Moltres is a good offensive pivot that can provide momentum on bulky Waters for Bulu to pressure. In turn, it can also remove Skarmory, Tangrowth and Amoonguss for Bulu and Aegi to sweep later on, and FireFlying STAB combination is not resisted by many mons in the current format (with the additional exception of SpDef walls and AV users, but that's why I have U-Turn. If you want, you can drop Flame or Hurricane for Defog but you may lose out on hitting certain mons for solid chip.
  • Regieleki is the spinner for the team so Moltres can spam STABs and U-Turn for the rest of the team, and it also serves as a pivot to Thundurus-Therian, which is a problem for this team depending on the coverage it carries. Regardless, you still revenge Thundy with Hydrei. Light Screen can help Aegi and Bulu set up under the right conditions and this team has no special wall so I had to opt for Light Screen over Reflect, and I can't run both because Regieleki needs Ancient Power so this team doesn't lose to Thundy in case your Hydrei either died early-game or it's Choice Scarf got knocked. Rapid Spin is needed because you have no removal otherwise, and most spinblockers don't want to take heavy chip from Regieleki unless your name is Golurk lol. Volt Switch is there to provide momentum on bulky Grass types if your opponent no longer has a Ground type in the back to deal with Regieleki, so grabbing momentum on those turns for your wincons can set you up for victory. Instead of the 52 HP/ 252 SpA+ / 204 Spe Modest Regieleki spread, you can run 28+ Timid with 228 HP and 252 SpA and still outspeed Scarf Hydreigon and Autotomize Timid Celesteela with extra bulk for Thundy if you don't mind losing out on Modest for very specific calcs.
Enjoy the Team! :blobthumbsup:

HydreigonTheChild

I was able to utilize the mons on that team the best and the structure of it felt solid enough for consistent use on ladder.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Though i'm not a massive eleki fan, i think GoldenSaiiber's team looks really fun so that's what i'll be going with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)